X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by Jungle Jim View Post

We would agree that he did not come to Pitt for the money. He wants to be a head coach. Pitt is the winningest DII program of all time but is no longer in the hunt for national championships. If he can return the Gorillas to national prominence, FCS schools will take notice.
    Agreed

I only mention the money because I was surprised that FBS Toledo paid coordinators so little. I just always assumed all the D1's paid a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jim
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

If he takes a pay cut, I don't think it will be much of one. He was only making 146K at Toledo. I hope he succeeds in turning it around, wins a NC, and moves up in 4-5 years. I would be fine with that.
    We would agree that he did not come to Pitt for the money. He wants to be a head coach. Pitt is the winningest DII program of all time but is no longer in the hunt for national championships. If he can return the Gorillas to national prominence, FCS schools will take notice.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    It's kind of fun because I have zero idea as to who he will bring in for coordinators, position coaches, etc...

Leave a comment:

• PSR
    replied
    Originally posted by Taxman View Post
    First and foremost this is a strange career move for a guy with Wright's trajectory. This is not a step up. Sideways, at best. FBS coach of some sort or FCS HC would be the next logical step in the progression. He was recently in the discussion to be WRs coach at Michigan. Maybe he has evaluated his situation and doesn't see an opportunity coming for him anytime soon and really wants to be a HC right now. Based on Pitt fan's woe is me diatribes on how they are hurting for funding is he taking a pay cut?

For Pitt, this looks like a home run offensively. He will have work to do to assemble a complimentary defensive staff. Will be interesting to see how his staff comes together.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    First and foremost this is a strange career move for a guy with Wright's trajectory. This is not a step up. Sideways, at best. FBS coach of some sort or FCS HC would be the next logical step in the progression. He was recently in the discussion to be WRs coach at Michigan. Maybe he has evaluated his situation and doesn't see an opportunity coming for him anytime soon and really wants to be a HC right now. Based on Pitt fan's woe is me diatribes on how they are hurting for funding is he taking a pay cut?

For Pitt, this looks like a home run offensively. He will have work to do to assemble a complimentary defensive staff. Will be interesting to see how his staff comes together.
    If he takes a pay cut, I don't think it will be much of one. He was only making 146K at Toledo. I hope he succeeds in turning it around, wins a NC, and moves up in 4-5 years. I would be fine with that.

Leave a comment:

• Iamagorilla
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PittStateFootball
    replied
    Anyone attending the intro today on campus? I am not but will be watching online. Excited to hear what he has to say about the program as well as how much he knows about the program. Assume someone will ask about assistant coaches, we will see how much info he gives. I am sure there will be a large crowd today to welcome him, the excitement is growing in Pittsburg and we haven't even heard the guy say a word yet! Good sign of things to come I hope.
    Last edited by PittStateFootball; 12-09-2019, 10:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied

Dreiling and Weimers, Co-Defensive Coordinators, you heard it hear. Steve Wells- Assistant to the Assistant Regional Manager.

Leave a comment:

• Taxman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PSR
    replied
    Don't pretend like you know. You don't.

Brown is a good coach. He turned around a poor program like I said. Read. But he is not a great coach and a coach that others are salivating over. His teams hasn't won one playoff game. Plus lost to a team that is in the worst conference in this region. I don't call that desirable.

Leave a comment:

• northwest missouri state
    replied

Leave a comment:

• psudoc
    replied
    Oh yeah, I forgot. Good points hookem. Whatever you say

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by psudoc View Post

so you know for sure no one with Pitt ties was interested? From what I hear this was the best candidate. An up and coming coach. I understand you like you coach brown but come on.
    Responding to hook em is never a good idea. He has a steel plate in his head and a stick in his butt.

Leave a comment:

• psudoc
    replied

so you know for sure no one with Pitt ties was interested? From what I hear this was the best candidate. An up and coming coach. I understand you like you coach brown but come on.

Leave a comment:

• HookemHerd
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X