Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope

Comment

Why would they have 2 votes that required presidential presence at the same time?

Comment

Also, will there be a revote since it was a tie?

Comment

The conference bylaws require a presence to vote. The conference rules do not allow for proxy votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            Why would they have 2 votes that required presidential presence at the same time?
            I'm interpreting the comments to be that only one of the meetings was an MIAA meeting... University Presidents have lots of meetings with lots of entities. The real question is why isn't the conference meeting arranged to meet the schedules of the only 12 people who really have to be there. If they aren't going to accommodate, they need to allow for proxy voting from other University staff (AD, VP, etc).

Then again, all of this may just be two UPs deciding they have more important business to attend to.

Comment

I believe one of the absent presidents had a health issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

Do you know which schools voted yes, no and which two were absent?
                Yes: Pitt State, Missouri Southern, Missouri Western, Emporia State, Northeastern State

No: Central Missouri, Central Oklahoma, Northwest Missouri State, Washburn, Fort Hays State

Abstain: Lincoln, Nebraska-Kearney

Without going into specifics out of respect for privacy, at least one of the abstaining presidents was unable to travel to the NCAA Convention for reasons beyond their control.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                  The conference bylaws require a presence to vote. The conference rules do not allow for proxy votes.
                  Two things about this:

1.) I'm told that it isn't unprecedented for the league to suspend these by-laws... I don't know that it happens *often* and nobody has given me a specific instance where those by-laws were suspended but, I've been told by more than one person that it's happened before.

2.) I have also been told by a couple of people that this is going to make the league take a hard look at that particular by-law. One person said to me they were somewhat surprised that they didn't make a motion to change that rule right there on the spot.

Comment

No: Central Missouri, Central Oklahoma, Northwest Missouri State, Washburn, Fort Hays State

Fans and alumni of these schools should wake up mad at themselves every day..

Comment

• I'm just certain I read that Lincoln has been one of the schools pushing for noncons. If so, the lack of an allowable proxy or postponement of the vote is suspect at best.

Comment

• I wonder if a change in the GAC would change UCO's mind? I'll bet it would.They could wrack up wins against a couple OK schools each year and help themselves in recruiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by MIAAWeekly View Post

Yes: Pitt State, Missouri Southern, Missouri Western, Emporia State, Northeastern State

Abstain: Lincoln, Nebraska-Kearney

Without going into specifics out of respect for privacy, at least one of the abstaining presidents was unable to travel to the NCAA Convention for reasons beyond their control.
                          So glad to see us on the right side of this. No idea how UNK would've voted (I'm somewhat inclined to think they would've been a No), but disappointed to see Lincoln couldn't be there to vote. UCO is the biggest surprise No to me. They have proximity to some of the LSC schools and they always struggle out of the gate in the conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Fans and alumni of these schools should wake up mad at themselves every day..
                            pfft. the proposed "solution" bastardizes the cc.
                            i'm over the jackasses running this league.
                            i'm mad at them all.
                            i would have voted no to this particular proposal.
                            Go Bearcats!
                            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Nearly every other conference at every other level of football has figured out non-conference and unbalanced schedules, but the MIAA can't?

Nearly every other sport offered by the MIAA has non-conference and unbalanced schedules, but football is just too big a challenge?

I really don't get it.

Comment

• you play everybody at least once in basketball & probably those other sports no one pays attn to as well. pretty fundamental to play an opponent you're competing against for something.
                                Go Bearcats!
                                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X