Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defense didn't play up to snuff in that Washburn game. But I never really felt Harman was all that good in that game, passing-wise. Only completing 13 passes and had an INT to no TDs...

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
      Defense didn't play up to snuff in that Washburn game. But I never really felt Harman was all that good in that game, passing-wise. Only completing 13 passes and had an INT to no TDs...
      Defense and special teams had no answer for Brania-Hopp. Harman, as a frosh, did enough to win that game otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

#FreeMak

Happy to see Horak is listed as the #2 RB on PSU's game notes. While I don't think happy is the right word, I do feel less surprised to see all 3 QBs listed as possible starters on the Pitt State depth chart.

Hardin truly being back to full health is, IMO, the biggest factor in this game. Before the injury last year, he was the second best CB in the conference and the best returner. If he can consistently shut down one of the UCO WRs in man coverage, that frees up the rest of the secondary a lot. Also, as QB is a big question mark for Pitt State, field position will be a big deal for our offense.
        I wouldn't say Hardin is the best returner. He hurt Pitt a lot last year by not truly knowing what to do back there. A magician with the ball in his hands, but had a lot to learn.

I hope they keep him at CB and don't get him hurt again as that is the position he really excels at.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Defense and special teams had no answer for Brania-Hopp. Harman, as a frosh, did enough to win that game otherwise.
          To be clear, there is lots of room for improvement. His passing was off for sure, especially on the deep ball, and it almost seemed like he only had permission to pass to one target most of the game. That said, he did keep the O going with his legs when the RB's got stalled out. For a RS Frosh, he definitely showed promise.

So did Bradbury at times.

Comment

It's good to see so many UCO fans weighing in about this game. They seem really fired up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jim View Post
              It's good to see so many UCO fans weighing in about this game. They seem really fired up.
              Quite before the storm.

UCO probably will win this game by double digits. All they need to do is stack the box and pressure the LOS against our 3 QB situational system.

What is the saying.....if you have 2 QBs you don't have any, or something like that.

Offense needs to have a starter and a leader, not an "OR" by their name like in the Pitt State game notes. If the game comes down to a final drive, who will the team have confidence in? Harman OR Mlekus OR Sexton OR, OR ,OR.

2 punters, 3 QBs......What position next will have multiple players? Are we going to run out 2 place kickers? Have the defense guess which one will really kick the ball like they do in soccer?

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post

Quite before the storm.

UCO probably will win this game by double digits. All they need to do is stack the box and pressure the LOS against our 3 QB situational system.

What is the saying.....if you have 2 QBs you don't have any, or something like that.

Offense needs to have a starter and a leader, not an "OR" by their name like in the Pitt State game notes. If the game comes down to a final drive, who will the team have confidence in? Harman OR Mlekus OR Sexton OR, OR ,OR.

2 punters, 3 QBs......What position next will have multiple players? Are we going to run out 2 place kickers? Have the defense guess which one will really kick the ball like they do in soccer?
                2 right guards, lined up one behind the other, it's brilliant I tell you. Groundbreaking, even.

Comment

In all seriousness, I think a starter has been chosen, and Beck is just playing the shell game. I don't doubt that they will rotate some in certain situations like they have done in the past on goal line stuff, etc..., but I imagine they have picked a guy to handle the bulk of the duties.

Comment

As long as it doesn't cause a penalty almost every time they run the situational stuff, it may not be bad. Thinking of Horack lining up at wildcat last season and having people lined up wrong or ineligible guys downfield 8 out of 10 times last year.

Comment

Watching last year's game now

Comment

Hate that dead stop wr screen. It only ever worked with John Brown.

Comment

Speaking of true option qb's, Horack should be listed as a q.b too.

Comment

Dude can sell a fake, outrun the hb to the edge and lead block for him

Comment

Keats Calhoun is an awesome name

Comment

I would change my name to that, but am afraid Sima Thomas would follow me around sacking me over and over.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X