• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

The UCO cheerleaders aren't THAT ugly.

Comment

Comment

In all seriousness, I think a starter has been chosen, and Beck is just playing the shell game. I don't doubt that they will rotate some in certain situations like they have done in the past on goal line stuff, etc..., but I imagine they have picked a guy to handle the bulk of the duties.
        I think this is the case, too. In 2015 we were told it was a 3-way battle between JRod, LePage and Ramsey Hamilton right up to the end. Anyone who watched the first game (and even more so the rest of the season) knew JRod was miles ahead of those other two.

My gut tells me that Harman is the clear starter until Bradbury is fully healthy. That makes me a little nervous as he seemed to have a lot of LePage's deer-in-the-headlights in him last season. I do think Mlekus is a big wild card candidate if we have, in fact, primarily switched back to the veer. The consistent rumors of Sexton having left the program make me think he is not what the fan base hopes he is.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

I think this is the case, too. In 2015 we were told it was a 3-way battle between JRod, LePage and Ramsey Hamilton right up to the end. Anyone who watched the first game (and even more so the rest of the season) knew JRod was miles ahead of those other two.

My gut tells me that Harman is the clear starter until Bradbury is fully healthy. That makes me a little nervous as he seemed to have a lot of LePage's deer-in-the-headlights in him last season. I do think Mlekus is a big wild card candidate if we have, in fact, primarily switched back to the veer. The consistent rumors of Sexton having left the program make me think he is not what the fan base hopes he is.
          Certainly, if he is as decent of a passer as he was made out to be, and the offense mindset has completely changed to a veer system, I would seek a transfer as well... Who knows? I was obviously unimpressed with Harman last year and was hoping for better... We will find out tonight. They are listed in alphabetical order on the two-deep I think, or in order of who has the most playing time. I don't think order of importance.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Certainly, if he is as decent of a passer as he was made out to be, and the offense mindset has completely changed to a veer system, I would seek a transfer as well... Who knows? I was obviously unimpressed with Harman last year and was hoping for better... We will find out tonight. They are listed in alphabetical order on the two-deep I think, or in order of who has the most playing time. I don't think order of importance.
            I thought Harman showed enough last year as a RSF. He runs with power and has a decent arm, but some accuracy issues under pressure. (Then again, running a spread with multi targets in HS then coming to Pitt where often 1 or 0 recievers go out for a pass is a pretty different scenario. There is going to be a learning curve. That's the part that scares me because QB development is a myth at Pitt. At least in recent years.)

The Sexton thing solely consisted of rob hearing something and asking me. I asked TK. The poster above calling it a "consistent rumor" is a little silly.

I think it will be Harman, but the coaches want to see the other 2 in a game situation to see how they handle it. You never know how they will react until they get punched in the mouth.

Comment

UCO DL was really good last year. Thery had a vet MLB running that D and he was a beast. They had a huge LB with pro speed back there to clean up, too. I think the Pitt OL and Backs and the match up with whomever UCO replaced all that talent with will be the decider when Pitt is on O. The Veteran Pitt DL and completely unproven Pitt LB corps will Face an improved and experienced UCO OL and unproven HB's on the other side.

Between the tackles and straight ahead is where most of the game will be played. Both schools trying to bring that tough guy, stop me if you can mentality and I love them for it.

I am so excited to get this thing going.

Trying hard to focus on work. Kinda failing.

Comment

So both teams will play 3 Qb's?

Maybe this is the new normal?
                Not to mention that Pitt will be playing 8 punters. Holy Moly, you all will have NFL scouts drooling over this.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

Not to mention that Pitt will be playing 8 punters. Holy Moly, you all will have NFL scouts drooling over this.
                  No. The new thing is multiple Right Guards lined up directly behind each other. Just wait till you see it. They plan to call it the "Guard tree" offense

Comment

No. The new thing is multiple Right Guards lined up directly behind each other. Just wait till you see it. They plan to call it the "Guard tree" offense
                    I know you're kidding but, I'd like to see this...

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I thought Harman showed enough last year as a RSF. He runs with power and has a decent arm, but some accuracy issues under pressure. (Then again, running a spread with multi targets in HS then coming to Pitt where often 1 or 0 recievers go out for a pass is a pretty different scenario. There is going to be a learning curve. That's the part that scares me because QB development is a myth at Pitt. At least in recent years.)

The Sexton thing solely consisted of rob hearing something and asking me. I asked TK. The poster above calling it a "consistent rumor" is a little silly.

I think it will be Harman, but the coaches want to see the other 2 in a game situation to see how they handle it. You never know how they will react until they get punched in the mouth.
                      "Persistent rumor" would've been a better phrase, but I've heard elsewhere of something being amiss with him at Pitt State. Although what I'd heard elsewhere wasn't him leaving, but just that the changes to the offense weren't to his strong suit and that if Rampy was still the OC, he'd be the starter. It could all be nothing, but it is more than one comment over on TK.

Comment

• believe me you taint blister. the LAST thing we want to be is either of you tick turds....rest of your posts today....clever. serious question though. does it hurt to be as stupid as you appear to be?

looking forward to stomping you on the boards AGAIN this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

"Persistent rumor" would've been a better phrase, but I've heard elsewhere of something being amiss with him at Pitt State. Although what I'd heard elsewhere wasn't him leaving, but just that the changes to the offense weren't to his strong suit and that if Rampy was still the OC, he'd be the starter. It could all be nothing, but it is more than one comment over on TK.
                          I see. I would definitely understand if he ended up at an LSC school in a year or 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by MIAAWeekly View Post

I know you're kidding but, I'd like to see this...
                            stay tuned

Comment

• My money is on Mlekus to start, but I think the others will play.

Comment

• Last year I wrote that these were two programs headed in opposite directions and got roasted for it. (Pitt State becoming more and more average and UCO finally headed to the playoffs)

I think the jury is still out though honestly, will be interesting to see what happens tonight. Even the Pitt fans acknowledge the "Beck era" has been marked by mediocrity.
                                Roll Chos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X