Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post

when you say 'see' do you mean in person or on the inter webs?
    Online for me. At least until week 2.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
      UCO's game notes are up. QB depth for Pitt State is: 1) Harman, 2) Mlekus. That is not what I was expecting. Horak also doesn't appear on the two-deep. Kintchen is second RB listed. Other than that, the surprises are small. I expected Trase Jeffries to be listed in the OL, but a transfer not being there right out of the gate doesn't shock me. I was also surprised to see Hardin listed as both PR and KR, just because I figured we might want to limit his exposure to injury risk.

Eddie said that things that happened during the preseason affected our depth at RB, but they didn't go any further down that road. Not sure if that related to injury, discipline or something else entirely.
      Also not what I was expecting at all. Not super surprised that Harman is the #1. He showed flashes, and showed a Dickeyesque mentality at times last year.

I knew Bradbury wouldn't be ready to start the season, but didn't think Mlekus would be in the mix beyond an insurance policy. Seems like maybe they are going all in on the option if he's the #2. That or he has really come along?

Comment

Do teams share more about their depth chart than with the public?

Comment

UCO's game notes are up. QB depth for Pitt State is: 1) Harman, 2) Mlekus. That is not what I was expecting. Horak also doesn't appear on the two-deep. Kintchen is second RB listed. Other than that, the surprises are small. I expected Trase Jeffries to be listed in the OL, but a transfer not being there right out of the gate doesn't shock me. I was also surprised to see Hardin listed as both PR and KR, just because I figured we might want to limit his exposure to injury risk.

Eddie said that things that happened during the preseason affected our depth at RB, but they didn't go any further down that road. Not sure if that related to injury, discipline or something else entirely.

Comment

And it would vindicate Mark Smith's time at PSU, as he was Mlekus's HS coach. Now if only we can find some way to get NCs linked to the other Smith brothers, Adam Meier, and JJ Dalton (not sure if I'm missing any other local QBs who went on to suit up for Pitt State).

Comment

And it would vindicate Mark Smith's time at PSU, as he was Mlekus's HS coach. Now if only we can find some way to get NCs linked to the other Smith brothers, Adam Meier, and JJ Dalton (not sure if I'm missing any other local QBs who went on to suit up for Pitt State).

That's the one thing I did see with Harman last year. He played QB like Joe Taylor played FB at times. Looking for contact. I also heard he was a weight room fiend, putting on 10 or more in the offseason.

Comment

Pretty sure he wants to become Hatt Marman.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                  Do teams share more about their depth chart than with the public?
                  No, but stuff slips out sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

That's the one thing I did see with Harman last year. He played QB like Joe Taylor played FB at times. Looking for contact. I also heard he was a weight room fiend, putting on 10 or more in the offseason.

so did I

Comment

Pitt State game notes are now out. It lists all three QBs and doesn't designate any of them the starter.

Comment

Originally posted by Go-Rilla View Post
                        Pitt State game notes are now out. It lists all three QBs and doesn't designate any of them the starter.
                        On an TV interview Beck said that all have there strengths and do better at some things than other. And it seemed like all 3 will play. Sounded like we are going to have a situational QB position this year.

I took it as we have this one that can run but not throw good enough, and this one can throw but not run good enough, etc. Not sure that is a good spot to be in as a team. RB by committee is one thing but QB by committee is another.

Comment

Comment

It seemed to me that last year when Harman started and played the entire game against Washburn that he did an adequate job of both running and passing.

Comment

#FreeMak

Happy to see Horak is listed as the #2 RB on PSU's game notes. While I don't think happy is the right word, I do feel less surprised to see all 3 QBs listed as possible starters on the Pitt State depth chart.

Hardin truly being back to full health is, IMO, the biggest factor in this game. Before the injury last year, he was the second best CB in the conference and the best returner. If he can consistently shut down one of the UCO WRs in man coverage, that frees up the rest of the secondary a lot. Also, as QB is a big question mark for Pitt State, field position will be a big deal for our offense.

Comment

Tons of talent on this Pitt team this year on both sides of the ball and seems like for the most part we are healthy. I think we have some Qb's that have serious potential to be very good. Really excited to see the changes with the offense and expect our group of running backs to really run the ball well.. I expect a lot of different players to see the field this season and keep guys fresh. Depth will be key this season and I think we finally have it, especially with game 1, this is going to be an all out war. Cheers to a good season! Lets enjoy it!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X