Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed the post-game interview after the game. Wondering if Coach Wright commented about the three OL for NW who missed the game, as well as missing our two RB's Tank Young and Kevin Dominique. Also, QB Wright only played three series. First two came in the 1st Qtr. Didn't come back until his series late in the 3rd Qtr leading to a NW TD. But, I was surprised he didn't come back into the game after that TD. Injury?

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Oh look. It's the obligatory warm up to the "NW had a bad day, so all of D2 sucks" post.
      naw yer def going all the way
      Go Bearcats!
      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
        Missed the post-game interview after the game. Wondering if Coach Wright commented about the three OL for NW who missed the game, as well as missing our two RB's Tank Young and Kevin Dominique. Also, QB Wright only played three series. First two came in the 1st Qtr. Didn't come back until his series late in the 3rd Qtr leading to a NW TD. But, I was surprised he didn't come back into the game after that TD. Injury?
        i mentioned yesterday he left the field a couple of times gimpy....injured? don't know. hobbled? yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post

Hahahahaha. Got to love bottom dwellers.
          He said, sitting squarely in 8th place.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
            Without overlooking moso, we will likely lose to NW, and probably Washburn, because we always lose to the boss for some reason.
            You gotta long way to go in the sandbagging dept.
            Go Hounds!
            B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
            Cyclone Power
            ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

• Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

naw yer def going all the way
              This sets up for a mom joke so well that it feels like a trap.

Comment

• It comes down to this coah AD is a much better coach that who we have now.ever since this coah has taken over they have lost a game they should not of lost.they can't beat a good team in the playoffs.when AD was here he had the players ready to play every game.Northwest will never get to the top of the mountain again intell they get a new head coach.one that won't make the team two separate groups. AD was the best he proved this Saturday.he took and Fair team and made them play like a great team.something he did every week in Maryville.there will be no playoffs this year for Northwest they can lose and will lose another game.the dynasty is dead.it died when AD left.RIP Northwest.

Comment

• Originally posted by visionpipe View Post
                  It comes down to this coah AD is a much better coach that who we have now.ever since this coah has taken over they have lost a game they should not of lost.they can't beat a good team in the playoffs.when AD was here he had the players ready to play every game.Northwest will never get to the top of the mountain again intell they get a new head coach.one that won't make the team two separate groups. AD was the best he proved this Saturday.he took and Fair team and made them play like a great team.something he did every week in Maryville.there will be no playoffs this year for Northwest they can lose and will lose another game.the dynasty is dead.it died when AD left.RIP Northwest.
                  im not sure you should be throwing dirt on the program yet. having watched both the 2018 win and this ones personally, it was the same feel to it when NW took the field and oddly enough both UCO teams were 1-2. im not sure he has the teams full attention when they step on the field. both 2018 and 2022 version of UCO ran freshman running backs. offense wasnt exactly setting the world on fire and we were juggling qbs....

i think its a focus issue. when the whole town of maryville tells you how good you are, its tough for an 18year old to listen to his coach telling him they COULD get punched in the mouth.

i remember sitting in the parking lot of the stadium in 2017 in maryville listening to the local broadcast about everyone coming out to watch the spanking this Oklahoma team was getting ready to take. NWMS almost lost that game too. cant remember for sure but seems like a penalty caused us a FG instead of TD then a botched onside kick maybe? cant remember for sure.

anyway, my point is. from the old lady in the Hyvee on saturday morning telling us that glad we arrived safely but it was a "shame" we drove all that way to see a loss. to the radio station to students in their ear, its probably pretty tough to take somethings seriously. i mean, we had no reason to be taken seriously to be honest with you. outside of beating a perpetually bad Esu team, wed done nothing.

Comment

• I really enjoy how many NW posters use initials as if it some code...

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                      I really enjoy how many NW posters use initials as if it some code...
                      its a time saver really. if you use initials, it will give you back like 45 seconds of your day. that adds up.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

im not sure you should be throwing dirt on the program yet. having watched both the 2018 win and this ones personally, it was the same feel to it when NW took the field and oddly enough both UCO teams were 1-2. im not sure he has the teams full attention when they step on the field. both 2018 and 2022 version of UCO ran freshman running backs. offense wasnt exactly setting the world on fire and we were juggling qbs....

i think its a focus issue. when the whole town of maryville tells you how good you are, its tough for an 18year old to listen to his coach telling him they COULD get punched in the mouth.

i remember sitting in the parking lot of the stadium in 2017 in maryville listening to the local broadcast about everyone coming out to watch the spanking this Oklahoma team was getting ready to take. NWMS almost lost that game too. cant remember for sure but seems like a penalty caused us a FG instead of TD then a botched onside kick maybe? cant remember for sure.

anyway, my point is. from the old lady in the Hyvee on saturday morning telling us that glad we arrived safely but it was a "shame" we drove all that way to see a loss. to the radio station to students in their ear, its probably pretty tough to take somethings seriously. i mean, we had no reason to be taken seriously to be honest with you. outside of beating a perpetually bad Esu team, wed done nothing.
                        I agree. It could go one of two ways... It could wake us up and we play well the rest of the way, or it's a sign that we're going to have a down year. Either way, calls for Rich Wright's head are ridiculous even if you feel he's a better coordinator than head coach. You lose the coordinator too... And AD is not coming back. Listen, Dorrel had an amazing run at NW, but he left... it's not "payback" as a post in this thread said earlier. He took an opportunity and good for him. Let's also not forget that AD had an amazing staff during his time at NW as well, which included Rich. As good at building an offense and offensive game planning as AD was, Wright was equally as good on the other side of the ball. We haven't had truly great quarterback play since Zimmerman really, which coincides with ADs departure... how much of that was really AD, how much of that is now Todd Sturdy, or how much of that is we just haven't hit on our QB recruits? Both Hohensee and Braden Wright are tremendous athletes, but they're not pure passers and we struggle at times to move the ball. There are problems for sure that need to get fixed... our offensive line hasn't looked good, our quarterbacks are under duress, we keep putting the ball on the ground, etc., etc. Those are things that can be corrected or helped with good coaching... we'll have to see if they get corrected or not. If they don't, maybe some changes do need to be made, but RW isn't one of them.

Comment

• I remember NW losing to a pretty mediocre Pitt team one year by throwing 5 or 6 picks.

Was AD the hc then?

Comment

• As an outside observer:

NW O has almost always been formidable since coach T took over and turned them around. They even won at least one natty with a great O and an iffy defense, but they didn't become a dynasty until they started fielding great defenses to compliment those offenses.

Comment

• Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

Someone had to get the pity party started. NW lost, Iowa St. lost. If Chiefs lose today, it will complete the trifecta.
                              Huh, hope you are okay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                                I remember NW losing to a pretty mediocre Pitt team one year by throwing 5 or 6 picks.

Was AD the hc then?
                                That was RW’s first year after AD left. We were playing our previous year’s 3rd stringer as our QB1 that year … and it showed.
                                Last edited by lleachieshusband; 09-26-2022, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X