Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    It's Lincoln week. No trash here other than to say FU to the MIAA for depriving each team of actual football one week out of each season.
    So does anyone have any experience being associated with a team during their playing years in HS or college who suffers game after game to even begin to know what this Lincoln coach is telling his players pregame before they take the field? Especially, at this point in the season ... repeating itself year after year?

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post

So does anyone have any experience being associated with a team during their playing years in HS or college who suffers game after game to even begin to know what this Lincoln coach is telling his players pregame before they take the field? Especially, at this point in the season ... repeating itself year after year?
      I have a lot of respect for the players, and I think the current coach is fantastic. I can't imagine what it takes to put in all that work with no chance of a payoff, only to get up and do it all again. The University should be ashamed of putting their students in that situation.

Comment

I have a lot of respect for the players, and I think the current coach is fantastic. I can't imagine what it takes to put in all that work with no chance of a payoff, only to get up and do it all again. The University should be ashamed of putting their students in that situation.
        I couldn’t imagine. We weren’t losing every game early on in Emporia, but we lost a lot. Compared to what I lost before college. It was horrible, so I could only imagine the being in that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post

I couldn’t imagine. We weren’t losing every game early on in Emporia, but we lost a lot. Compared to what I lost before college. It was horrible, so I could only imagine the being in that situation.
          and what years were those? you guys were practically national champs from 2000 on compared to what Lincoln is putting out. I'm not sure anyone could get used to the kind of losing these guys are doing year after year.
          Edit: just went to their schedule page. the stretch of losing seasons is epic. 17 wins in 13 years. I can't imagine being a coach and trying to recruit to that school.

incidentally, what happened to the 2003 season? syphilis finally catch up to that cesspool you call a locker room?
          Last edited by jimbo slice; 10-10-2022, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post

I think the coach is probably leaning heavy on the character building aspect of getting put in a bad situation and fighting like crazy to improve and build. The Rome wasn't built in a day mantra. Preaching about how the situation they are in is tough, but the work ethic they're building trying to improve things will be beneficial later on in life

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

and what years were those? you guys were practically national champs from 2000 on compared to what Lincoln is putting out. I'm not sure anyone could get used to the kind of losing these guys are doing year after year.
              Edit: just went to their schedule page. the stretch of losing seasons is epic. 17 wins in 13 years. I can't imagine being a coach and trying to recruit to that school.

incidentally, what happened to the 2003 season? syphilis finally catch up to that cesspool you call a locker room?
              Irrelevant. Fact remains.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorillahawk View Post

I think the coach is probably leaning heavy on the character building aspect of getting put in a bad situation and fighting like crazy to improve and build. The Rome wasn't built in a day mantra. Preaching about how the situation they are in is tough, but the work ethic they're building trying to improve things will be beneficial later on in life
                That may be the case, but there is absolutely no progress. So who would believe that? Unless it’s a revolving door of recruits.

Comment

Irrelevant. Fact remains.
                  so just say you dont know anything about the 2003 season.

Comment

I've shared this before but will share a condensed version again. My step-brother never started on our 2A (second lowest class) HS baseball team. He went to tech school for 2 years worked for 3-4 years and decided to go back to school for his bachelor's around age 23-24. He hadn't played baseball since HS but he went to Lincoln because he was living in Jefferson City. The coaches were putting out advertisements for open tryouts. He went and was the starting CF after not playing at all for 5-6 years. That gave me perspective on the support the school puts into athletics. This was about 20 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

so just say you dont know anything about the 2003 season.
                      I was not referring to the 2003 season. Twit.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

I've shared this before but will share a condensed version again. My step-brother never started on our 2A (second lowest class) HS baseball team. He went to tech school for 2 years worked for 3-4 years and decided to go back to school for his bachelor's around age 23-24. He hadn't played baseball since HS but he went to Lincoln because he was living in Jefferson City. The coaches were putting out advertisements for open tryouts. He went and was the starting CF after not playing at all for 5-6 years. That gave me perspective on the support the school puts into athletics. This was about 20 years ago.
                        So are you saying the athletes are all like your Brother and are just doing it as a simple hobby or pass time? Or just speaking to the athletic departments lack of effort or both?

Comment

Gorillahawk it isn’t too late to change your picks. Looks like you got the ESU pick confused

Comment

Gorillahawk it isn’t too late to change your picks. Looks like you got the ESU pick confused
                            No one is confused. People are just smart enough to know the pecking order in this league.
                            Roll Chos!

Comment

Picking that ESU game is giving me fits. The Kearney pass D has some holes that ESU could exploit, but I think they'll get ground to dust late if the lopers stay patient and ESU stays in the hurry up too much.

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

No one is confused. People are just smart enough to know the pecking order in this league.
                                If that’s the case, they would have UCO slightly above NSU. My little ponies.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X