Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post

Not at all saying Harding won’t win, or maybe even be the favorite but to say abused? First, Harding is the best matchup for GV of anyone left in the POs and (because of) secondly you say FSU vs NW? FYI GV on D is a lot more in the mold of those NW teams than those FS teams.
    I played both. NW guys played hard and weren’t a rag tag group of transfer wife beaters. Ferris played high but looked good on paper. I heard from a player today that UCM’s defense said that Harding sucked and they could only win because of the offense— yeah idiot, have fun flipping burgers with that bs degree you got from UCM. Also, some LB said that the HU needed to stop cutting him, lol okay bro, that will def stop them from cutting you next play.

Comment

Can't believe the monkeys let their thread get taken over by a team other than NW.

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
        I used to tailgate with bconn. Good dude. The board needs more bconns
        Haha check out my profile pic. BJ had the biggest mouth and his mouth runner over enough to tell everyone that his brother and other players were paid to play. Jax state 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by LeftSider View Post

I played both. NW guys played hard and weren’t a rag tag group of transfer wife beaters. Ferris played high but looked good on paper. I heard from a player today that UCM’s defense said that Harding sucked and they could only win because of the offense— yeah idiot, have fun flipping burgers with that bs degree you got from UCM. Also, some LB said that the HU needed to stop cutting him, lol okay bro, that will def stop them from cutting you next play.
          Exactly... not sure what you are saying... GV = way more northwest than Ferris FYI

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Illinois - Gorilla View Post
            Haha check out my profile pic. BJ had the biggest mouth and his mouth runner over enough to tell everyone that his brother and other players were paid to play. Jax state 2.0
            Gotta love the good ole days

Comment

The whole time I'm watching the replay I'm thinking how does Pitt lose this game. They were the better team for three and a half quarters. My one fear in the playoffs is what happened to Pitt, I don't want to be that team that is good enough to win but end up losing. GV showed their pedigree in the end putting together their lone long drive when it was needed and that's all that was needed.

All game I was thinking, GV hasn't put together one sustained drive - They did on that final drive, but I can't fault them for taking advantage of Pitt's miscues. In the end they did what they needed to do so even though my heart feels like the better team lost, My head knows better, because at the end of the day the better team would not throw a long pass into coverage with 10 minutes left in the game, with a 7 point lead against an opponent who at that point hadn't a single sustained scoring drive.

I actually loved the result of this game because it's one that proves good coaching can beat a better team (and don't come at me for that assessment - check the stats), hats off to GV coaching.
              Last edited by boyblue; 11-26-2023, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post

If you've been around long enough to remember cooter, then youve been around along enough to remember when the miaa boys used to claim conference superiority. Unfortunately for the miaa boys, the GLIAC was placed on your region. That changed the narrative pretty quickly.
                decadeish since that’s been true.
                Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

decadeish since that’s been true.
                  Can you clarify this statement? What do you mean decadeish since that's been true? Are you saying it has been a decade since the MIAA was superior?
                  2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
                    The whole time I'm watching the replay I'm thinking how does Pitt lose this game. They were the better team for three and a half quarters. My one fear in the playoffs is what happened to Pitt, I don't want to be that team that is good enough to win but end up losing. GV showed their pedigree in the end putting together their lone long drive when it was needed and that's all that was needed.

All game I was thinking, GV hasn't put together one sustained drive - They did on that final drive, but I can't fault them for taking advantage of Pitt's miscues. In the end they did what they needed to do so even though my heart feels like the better team lost, My head knows better, because at the end of the day the better team would not throw a long pass into coverage with 10 minutes left in the game, with a 7 point lead against an opponent who at that point hadn't a single sustained scoring drive.

I actually loved the result of this game because it's one that proves good coaching can beat a better team (and don't come at me for that assessment - check the stats), hats off to GV coaching.
                    Nice review. What I do find odd is that I felt that the Pitt staff did a great job play calling that game (both sides of the ball). From what I gather, they tweaked their O some and avoided GV's strengths. Though I was surprised that GV never did seem to adjust to all those damn screens. Sitting in the stands, it was easy to see it coming. Must be harder to defend that it looked.
                    And Pitt mixed it up well on D, until GV just figured out the way to crush it (oline play??) I had thought that GV's Dline would have been the difference and would dominate Pitt's oline. But give Pitt credit for neutralizing most of that.

And to no one's surprise, it was a pretty physical affair. GV playing FSU and Pitt back to back. Bruises to all. Now it's on to Arkansas. Here's hoping.

Comment

• Originally posted by dvaara View Post

If you've been around long enough to remember cooter, then youve been around along enough to remember when the miaa boys used to claim conference superiority. Unfortunately for the miaa boys, the GLIAC was placed on your region. That changed the narrative pretty quickly.
                      The top teams in the GLIAC have been superior to the top teams in the MIAA. How do the rest of the teams stack up? The MIAA is a very deep league that has been lacking that dominant team the last few years. The depth in the GAC does not compare well to the MIAA as shown by how Henderson State fared a week ago.

Comment

• A good team like GVSU will beat a good team like Pitt that is undisciplined (penalties)and careless (turnovers)just about every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post

Not at all saying Harding won’t win, or maybe even be the favorite but to say abused? First, Harding is the best matchup for GV of anyone left in the POs and (because of) secondly you say FSU vs NW? FYI GV on D is a lot more in the mold of those NW teams than those FS teams.
                          Gv is pretty much a mirror image of those NW teams on D. Maybe a little slower, but same concepts, same solid front.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Nice review. What I do find odd is that I felt that the Pitt staff did a great job play calling that game (both sides of the ball). From what I gather, they tweaked their O some and avoided GV's strengths. Though I was surprised that GV never did seem to adjust to all those damn screens. Sitting in the stands, it was easy to see it coming. Must be harder to defend that it looked.
                            And Pitt mixed it up well on D, until GV just figured out the way to crush it (oline play??) I had thought that GV's Dline would have been the difference and would dominate Pitt's oline. But give Pitt credit for neutralizing most of that.

And to no one's surprise, it was a pretty physical affair. GV playing FSU and Pitt back to back. Bruises to all. Now it's on to Arkansas. Here's hoping.
                            I agree. It wasn't the playcalling. It was just lapses in execution. On that late pick, the play was there, but it was thrown short and to the wrong shoulder. Nobody but the defender had a chance to catch that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I agree. It wasn't the playcalling. It was just lapses in execution. On that late pick, the play was there, but it was thrown short and to the wrong shoulder. Nobody but the defender had a chance to catch that one.
                              That had to be a tough loss for the Gorilla faithful. But as a Laker fan in the stands... it was beyond exhilarating. In the post game presser, Coach Wooster did mention that those fans not there missed out on one heck of a contest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

That had to be a tough loss for the Gorilla faithful. But as a Laker fan in the stands... it was beyond exhilarating. In the post game presser, Coach Wooster did mention that those fans not there missed out on one heck of a contest.
                                It was completely heartbreaking.

I've been a fan on both sides of those.

I hope Pitt can get a couple of good noncons and reload. Maybe they'll be lucky enough to have another good season and get gv at home in the playoffs.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X