Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WT New Stadium

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
    I love my school and Portales. Great place to raise a family, inexpensive education.

WT guys are the ones on here acting like the success they had in 1 7 year era was the norm for WT football is what gets me. Here they are talking like this bad patch they have had is not the norm.

Ill also ammend my critique 1986 they went 7-4 won the conference
    I don't know that anyone was hating on your school or Portales. Do you disagree with what I said? Or do you not like how I worded it?

Comment

Haha Without Carthel WT has accomplished jack squat.

Pyramid to success. You know build on things.

ENMU HAS NEVER CANCLED THEIR PROGRAM.
      "OH WOOOOW!" - *Michael Scott voice*

*BOOM*

Them are FIGHTING words!!!

*large popcorn ready*

Comment

Originally posted by OldTimeBuffFan View Post
        Avatar looks good on you Pops. 707
        Grazie!

Comment

Pyramid to success. You know build on things.
          What are you building on? You guys have never won anything in anything. Outside of barely getting over .500 the past few years in football, your football program is traditionally average at best, and your entire athletic program as a whole is an embarrassment.

Football - Average
          Baseball - JOKE
          Men's Basketball - JOKE
          Women's Basketball - Average (Traditionally a joke. You guys hang your hat on them, yet never have won a playoff game. Only made the playoffs once I think ever.)
          Cross Country - Average
          Track - JOKE
          Women's Soccer - JOKE
          Softball - JOKE
          Volleyball - JOKE

But continue building that pyramid of success.

If you want to bash WT's football program. That's fair. We've never been a perrenial power, and I don't know of anyone who has claimed such on here that wasn't a flash in the pan bandwagoner. Heck we are pretty even in the overall standings I think all time against you guys. I do think the hatred is a little one sided as WT doesn't get up for ENMU like yall do for us. But overall, the athletic program is on a completely different level than ENMU. And honestly, no one that I know of personally gives two craps about the wagon wheel game. We have trophy games with Tarleton, Midwestern, and maybe someone else. It's just another game to us. But it is THE season for ENMU. So congrats. Yay for being average in football! Maybe your other sports can get to the point of having zero post season appearances but at least being respectable in their sport like football. From a WT perspective, we see and experience success in all of our other sports, and maybe our frustration spills over that its not replicated in football. Yet... point to me on here where anyone said they were going to breeze through next year's schedule or that ENMU was going to be a gimme game?
          Last edited by WT_ALUM08; 02-15-2019, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
            "OH WOOOOW!" - *Michael Scott voice*

*BOOM*

Them are FIGHTING words!!!

*large popcorn ready*
            It's true. But it took a newly started program 2 years to go beat ENMU on the road. Yikes.

I'm gonna need a refill on that popcorn.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
              What are you building on? You guys have never won anything in anything. Outside of barely getting over .500 the past few years in football, your football program is traditionally average at best, and your entire athletic program as a whole is an embarrassment.

Football - Average
              Baseball - JOKE
              Men's Basketball - JOKE
              Women's Basketball - Average (Traditionally a joke. You guys hang your hat on them, yet never have won a playoff game. Only made the playoffs once I think ever.)
              Cross Country - Average
              Track - JOKE
              Women's Soccer - JOKE
              Softball - JOKE
              Volleyball - JOKE

But continue building that pyramid of success.
              Um you might want to check your facts....The whipping boy for much of the LSC in football, which is what we were talking about.....Has been WT for all but the carthel years and about 4 others.

WT Has 4 south division and 5 conference championships, 4 of those division and conference titles.....you guessed it won during carthels time. Eastern has 2 conference titles and 2 south division titles.

Minus Carthel.....WT has accomplished 1 conference title.
              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Um you might want to check your facts....The whipping boy for much of the LSC in football, which is what we were talking about.....Has been WT for all but the carthel years and about 4 others.

WT Has 4 south division and 5 conference championships, 4 of those division and conference titles.....you guessed it won during carthels time. Eastern has 2 conference titles and 2 south division titles.

Minus Carthel.....WT has accomplished 1 conference title.
                You keep not answering direct questions and deflecting. Where did I or anyone else say anything other than that?
                Last edited by WT_ALUM08; 02-15-2019, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                  It's true. But it took a newly started program 2 years to go beat ENMU on the road. Yikes.

I'm gonna need a refill on that popcorn.
                  Butter?

Comment

You keep not answering direct questions and deflecting. Where did I or anyone else say anything other than that?
                    Seriously???

HAHAHAHAHA 7070707

Comment

Seriously???

HAHAHAHAHA 7070707
                      Easy to laugh without referencing....

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
                        I am cautiously optimistic that Coach Hughes & the Buffs will bring back the Wagon Wheel to Canyon beginning this coming season! So I am on board!
                        Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                        Man, I hope you're right. It seems the Greyhounds have WT's number on speed dial.
                        Who gives a $hit. He's not gone. He's here, he had a heck of a recruiting class. Some great hires. New Stadium. Exciting times. Folks who are dwelling on this is because they have deep rooted feelings against WT. AKA TechClown. But sure, I guess we'll take the word of some anonymous posters instead of people actually in the know.
                        Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                        No doubt about it, WT fans/posters/boosters/students/casual fans would like to see the Buffs return to Top Dog status. They/we got a taste of it with Don Carthel.

As I've posted on here several times, the 2019 Buffs could win 8 or 9. But, just as easily, they could be an improved, better team and maybe only win 4 or 5. FB is a funny game. Injuries, inopportune turnovers, a few bad bounces of the ball, a few blown coverages, and all of a sudden 2 or 3 games you thought were a lock, can be lost. We've all seen it happen.

I think Hughes is on the right track. The 6-5 2018 season was a surprise to many of us. I thought we'd win 4 maybe 5 (but in my dreams hoped for the 6 we got). But it was shaky all the way. Blown out by Tarleton and Eastern. Our offense SUCKED. SUCKED big time. A lot of pressure is on Hughes and new OC, Jake Brown, to get it moving. THAT is the key for 2019 WT. I believe Joe Morris won't miss a beat as new DC. Lot's of young kids back that got mucho experience last year as freshmen and RSF. Lot's of new DL's and D backs providing skill and depth. A more solid foundation is in place. The D should be better than last year. It was decent last year I'm several games. Horrible in a couple games. Pretty damn good in a few games.

I really don't think most of the WT posters on here (NOW) have unrealistic expectations. For the most part, we are patient enough to see what Hughes is doing and will give him 2019 to be better, and by 2020, THEN we'll expect a solid, well-rounded first tier team competing for the LSC title and an NCAA berth.

Buffalo Stadium is going to be killer! It will be a primo college game day experience, among the best in D2. Especially when (if) Hughes WINS.
                        Here are all of the comments that got Boohaha in an uproar. Am I missing something. No where did anyone who has been affiliated with WT for awhile on this board say anything. Every long time WT fan has been so beaten down the last 5 years, that while we are optimistic about the future, I haven't seen anyone say we WILL get more than 6 wins or that a win over ENMU will be easy.

Comment

The only person who has talked smack regarding ENMU and WT regarding football is in fact Boohaha. But sure, WT fans are the ones acting like the future is in stone.... Funny thing is, everytime he did this, no one engaged him. WT fans don't care about ENMU except the one week we play them. But we take up lots of real estate apparently in the minds of those in Portales.

I hear there is some confusion on naming rights, for some reason folks are balking at Greyhound stadium east, despite the fact that the hounds own the place!
                          Where will the Wagon Wheel be set for that game, or are we just not going to take it out of Greyhound Arena anymore?

Why go to the trouble of taking it down and putting it back up again?
                          Get over it. Winning is gone and its is not coming back. Jump on board or get left behind.
                          ENMU didnt just happen to beat WT. They man handled them. 28-0 WT offense didnt cross the century mark till half way into the fourth Q.

In their last drive Eastern ran the ball right between the tackles and the only reason the score isnt 35-0 is cause Lee took the better part of valor and didnt run another play at WT's 3 yard line in the last 40 seconds. For the whole 4th quarter WT had 1:14 TOP.

For the game EASTERN had 26 first downs, 440 yards rushing, 489 yards total. WT amassed 8 Ist downs 134 yards total (29 on 1 busted pass play in the 4th).

As to the other stuff....Ill believe it when i see it.
                          The guy that made the post (Who recently just joined the board and has a kid that signed with WT) that got Boohaha in such a big uproar said this as a follow up:

Originally posted by KC75Marine View Post
                          I don't know how this turned into our football team is better than your football team?? For the record I just became a WT fan by virtue of signing day about a week ago. I'm just making a point about how rumors get thrown all over the place with no real proof to back it up....(IE the commerce gig)...thank you for the amazing stats but this really doesn't pertain to the issue I was bringing up, I'm not going to get into with you about the message content that I witnessed first hand from a HC to a recruit, let the chips fall where they may when the season begins!! :good:

Comment

Heck look at the thread for this year's game. http://www.d2football.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92918No one from WT cared... Its just another game. Heck, even Boohaha makes this observation during the thread. The only smack talk was on ENMU's side. While WT is on ENMU's "Pyramid of Success". LMAO. Congrats WT and ENMU for both having average football programs. Glad we have more than just our average football program to beat our chest about.

Comment

Easy to laugh without referencing....
                              Yes it is. Because it doesn't matter to me. When I receive a subpoena, I will use my time to provide "references". Until then.....I will enjoy the boxing match, eat my popcorn, laugh, and throw a few taunts here & there.

Carry on, my brethren. 707

Comment

Butter?
                                Yes please.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X