Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WT New Stadium

Originally posted by KC75Marine View Post
    I don't know how this turned into our football team is better than your football team?? For the record I just became a WT fan by virtue of signing day about a week ago. I'm just making a point about how rumors get thrown all over the place with no real proof to back it up....(IE the commerce gig)...thank you for the amazing stats but this really doesn't pertain to the issue I was bringing up, I'm not going to get into with you about the message content that I witnessed first hand from a HC to a recruit, let the chips fall where they may when the season begins!! :good:
    Because WT is Eastern's most important game every year since they can't make the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by KC75Marine View Post
      Of course Coaches look for opportunities when they surface, its human nature to see whats out there. I would like to see more proof than all this hearsay about the Commerce gig. Coach Hughes is one of the most genuine Coaches that I have had the pleasure of meeting face to face. I could go off on another Head Coach at a certain D2 school from New Mexico that happened to beat WT last year about some unsavory text messages to kids that chose to go to WT instead, but what would that accomplish? For now I lean towards what my gut says about the future of WT after visiting 3 D2 options for my son, and WT wasn't the cheapest route of the 3, but it felt right.
      Period. Enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
        Because WT is Eastern's most important game every year since they can't make the playoffs.
        *popcorn ready*

Comment

WT has had success in only 1 coach's tenure in football since going d2. The Don Carthel era. He is the ONLY coach to take them to the playoffs. WT has never been a national contender before that.....or since. Sad really considering their vast resources compared to a lowley school 100 miles west of them.

With Carthel's wins WT is 17-21 vs Eastern. Without Carthel they are 10-21.

Don Carthels 7 win streak barely evened the record up.

Carthel understood the importance of that game each year and his teams showed up to play. Hughes on the otherhand seems flat suprised each year when it rolls around.

WT is a school that has 3 times the student pop, is not in portales nm, and has money to burn in comparison, the fact that they have historically struggled in football is odd, especially considering their success in other sports.

Easterns pyramid of success begins with win at home, then beat WT, win the conference, make the playoffs, etc.

Eastern "just happened" to beat WT quite a bit. If WT is going to return to relevance outside Canyon and the Pueblo fan boys they are going to have to change that trend.
          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
            Easterns pyramid of success begins with win at home, then beat WT, win the conference, make the playoffs, etc.
            "Pyramid of success" LMAO. What success? Since 2014, WT has been in a rough patch, while Eastern has had their best run in their history. Sad really considering we had the same number of playoff appearances (ZERO) during that stretch and damn near the same record.

2014 WT 6-5 ENMU 7-4
            2015 WT 6-4 ENMU 6-6
            2016 WT 6-5 ENMU 7-5
            2017 WT 3-8 ENMU 8-2
            2018 WT 6-5 ENMU 5-6
            WT .500 ENMU .589
            WT .558 ENMU .543 (Without 2017)

Some pyramid of success you got there during your best stretch in school history....

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
              "Pyramid of success" LMAO. What success? Since 2013, WT has been in a rough patch, while Eastern has had their best run in their history. Sad really considering we had the same number of playoff appearances (ZERO) during that stretch and damn near the same record.

2014 WT 6-5 ENMU 7-4
              2015 WT 6-4 ENMU 6-6
              2016 WT 6-5 ENMU 7-5
              2017 WT 3-8 ENMU 8-2
              2018 WT 6-5 ENMU 5-6
              WT .500 ENMU .589

Some pyramid of success you got there during your best stretch in school history....
              Neat how you conveniently try to ignore WT's worst and ENMU's best year in that stretch...

Comment

Originally posted by ETSU_LION View Post
                Neat how you conveniently try to ignore WT's worst and ENMU's best year in that stretch...
                How did I try to ignore it? I clearly showed both. Or is reading comprehension not taught in East Texas?

Comment

How did I try to ignore it? I clearly showed both. Or is reading comprehension not taught in East Texas?
                  Would you prefer I say one of your arguments tries too? Does that help?

Comment

"Pyramid of success" LMAO. What success? Since 2014, WT has been in a rough patch, while Eastern has had their best run in their history. Sad really considering we had the same number of playoff appearances (ZERO) during that stretch and damn near the same record.

2014 WT 6-5 ENMU 7-4
                    2015 WT 6-4 ENMU 6-6
                    2016 WT 6-5 ENMU 7-5
                    2017 WT 3-8 ENMU 8-2
                    2018 WT 6-5 ENMU 5-6
                    WT .500 ENMU .589

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                      WT has had success in only 1 coach's tenure in football since going d2. The Don Carthel era. He is the ONLY coach to take them to the playoffs. WT has never been a national contender before that.....or since. Sad really considering their vast resources compared to a lowley school 100 miles west of them.

With Carthel's wins WT is 17-21 vs Eastern. Without Carthel they are 10-21.

Don Carthels 7 win streak barely evened the record up.

Carthel understood the importance of that game each year and his teams showed up to play. Hughes on the otherhand seems flat suprised each year when it rolls around.

WT is a school that has 3 times the student pop, is not in portales nm, and has money to burn in comparison, the fact that they have historically struggled in football is odd, especially considering their success in other sports.

Eastern "just happened" to beat WT quite a bit. If WT is going to return to relevance outside Canyon and the Pueblo fan boys they are going to have to change that trend.
                      I don't really care if WT or Hughes have success, wasn't the biggest Hughes fan myself. Simply stating why you jump on every chance you get to say you beat WT and it's because it's the most important game you guys play every year.

Comment

I don't really care if WT or Hughes have success, wasn't the biggest Hughes fan myself. Simply stating why you jump on every chance you get to say you beat WT and it's because it's the most important game you guys play every year.
                        Have you ever been to Portales? Or ENMU? Folks there just want recognition and it usually comes at the expense of WT.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                          Have you ever been to Portales? Or ENMU? Folks there just want recognition and it usually comes at the expense of WT.
                          So, exactly what I just said. Got it.

Comment

2014 WT 6-5 ENMU 7-4
                            2015 WT 6-4 ENMU 6-6
                            2016 WT 6-5 ENMU 7-5
                            2017 WT 3-8 ENMU 8-2
                            2018 WT 6-5 ENMU 5-6
                            WT .500 ENMU .589

Haha Without Carthel WT has accomplished jack squat.

Pyramid to success. You know build on things.

ENMU HAS NEVER CANCLED THEIR PROGRAM.

Comment

Avatar looks good on you Pops. 707
                              Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                              *popcorn ready*
                              ]

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                                I love my school and Portales. Great place to raise a family, inexpensive education.

WT guys are the ones on here acting like the success they had in 1 7 year era was the norm for WT football is what gets me. Here they are talking like this bad patch they have had is not the norm.

Ill also ammend my critique 1986 they went 7-4 won the conference

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X