X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WT New Stadium

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    I hope we make it.
    Well, we have one major aspect going in our favor & that is the separation of activity for what is left. Example: (a) work on the field was delayed one/two day(s) for the 2" rain, but it is not waiting on anything else in order to complete, (b) the locker room work progresses & is not impacted by the playing field or anything else, (c) the west stands are now in progress with brackets & seats on location, (d) the suites, club & media area is not dependent upon the field, locker room, stands, etc. (e) the scoreboard is handled by outside firm & they work late. The only aspects that are waiting will be the technology group & the food/service areas. I know that WT personnel have already been training on the technology aspect. I fully expect to be playing on Sept 7, but we have to understand that there will be a few snafus 1st time with this much coming together, but they have 3 full weeks to work on that before game 2.

Comment

Originally posted by ras619 View Post
      Well, we have one major aspect going in our favor & that is the separation of activity for what is left. Example: (a) work on the field was delayed one/two day(s) for the 2" rain, but it is not waiting on anything else in order to complete, (b) the locker room work progresses & is not impacted by the playing field or anything else, (c) the west stands are now in progress with brackets & seats on location, (d) the suites, club & media area is not dependent upon the field, locker room, stands, etc. (e) the scoreboard is handled by outside firm & they work late. The only aspects that are waiting will be the technology group & the food/service areas. I know that WT personnel have already been training on the technology aspect. I fully expect to be playing on Sept 7, but we have to understand that there will be a few snafus 1st time with this much coming together, but they have 3 full weeks to work on that before game 2.
      If the field is ready, the seats are anchored, and the scoreboard works, we can have a game. The final buildout for the Buff Club or suites and even some of the advanced bells and whistles should not stop a game if all else s ready. Even though it looks daunting right now, I bet it all comes together in time. I sure hope so!

Comment

Originally posted by ras619 View Post
        I was going about once a month earlier this year, but since getting back from a road trip 1st week of June I have tried to schedule one every 2 weeks. There were 8 of us yesterday so a little slower, but 5 of them had not been there before. As best I know they are staying pretty busy with tours for BC members - there are plans for several events for BC members & also the general public throughout August.
        Awesome, I'll look forward to future pictures if you have some. I'm anxiously waiting until they allow the general public to take a tour

Comment

So I keep looking at the scoreboard trying to figure out what will be going on the left and right sides of the screen. At first I thought the screen would extend to the end of the frame on both sides. Since the screen hasn't changed in a couple weeks I assume that's not the case. Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
            So I keep looking at the scoreboard trying to figure out what will be going on the left and right sides of the screen. At first I thought the screen would extend to the end of the frame on both sides. Since the screen hasn't changed in a couple weeks I assume that's not the case. Anyone know?
            Advertising space?

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
              Advertising space?
              This 2nd down brought to you by....

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                This 2nd down brought to you by....
                Not many better places to advertise than on the scoreboard. Constant eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                  Advertising space?
                  That's how the one at Kimbrough was so probably so. There is a section below the screen that looks like space for ads for sure

Comment

Does it chap any of you WT folks that as soon as WT moves out of Kimbrough that CISD finally starts doing some repairs? Looks like there are going to be new lights and a new scoreboard. Also, I believe new turf as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                      Does it chap any of you WT folks that as soon as WT moves out of Kimbrough that CISD finally starts doing some repairs? Looks like there are going to be new lights and a new scoreboard. Also, I believe new turf as well.
                      Right after they bought it, they passed a bond issue. Not sure how much is being spent on the stadium but was told that it is substantial.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                        The relationship between CISD, WT, and the town of canyon has always been an oddity. Canyon tolerates WT at best, and at worst it is even adversarial against WT.

Look for a gradual shift toward Amarillo by WT in the coming years. Amarillo appears to be rolling out the carpet rather than the pitchforks.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
                          Right after they bought it, they passed a bond issue. Not sure how much is being spent on the stadium but was told that it is substantial.
                          it is a easier to invest money in something you own than something you are leasing. And is easier to explain to voters.

https://twitter.com/canyonathdept/status/1149082774734868484?s=21

https://twitter.com/canyonathdept/status/1148625803003011077?s=21

https://twitter.com/canyonathdept/status/1141896635489882112?s=21
                          Last edited by chivas_gold; 07-15-2019, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
                            I believe $8M was in the bond issue for stadium repairs. I heard about $10M total has been budgeted.

Comment

Current status...as of 6:30 am this morning.
                              Last edited by house_divided; 07-17-2019, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by house_divided View Post

Current status...as of 6:30 am this morning.
                                Thank you, for sharing. I wonder how much longer, to see some of the green stuff on the field. I am guessing they should be able to finished installing all of the seats by Friday.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X