• Re: WT New Stadium

Originally posted by ras619 View Post
    https://gobuffsgo.com/sports/2018/6/...um.aspx?id=271

Then click on View a Live Video Cam
    Thank you Sir.

Comment

Wow! Stadium is coming along nicely.

Going to be more intimate than I expected. Kind of like watching a play in an intimate theatre or watching arena football. Right on top of the action.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
        Wow! Stadium is coming along nicely.

Going to be more intimate than I expected. Kind of like watching a play in an intimate theatre or watching arena football. Right on top of the action.
        Yep! My seats are on top row under press box/Buffalo Club, 45 yard line. You're still invited. I have 4 seats for my wife, son, and me, so we always have 1 extra. Watching a game should be an exciting event, almost like being on the field.
        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 06-20-2019, 01:28 PM.

Comment

I have posted 42 new photos of the Buffalo Stadium on Facebook taken this morning. A lot is happening. Here is a link, but if it doesn't work try searching by name.

https://www.facebook.com/bob.stewart...7944881578641?
          Last edited by ras619; 06-21-2019, 09:01 AM.

Comment

I have posted 42 new photos of the Buffalo Stadium on Facebook taken this morning. A lot is happening. Here is a link, but if it doesn't work try searching by name.

https://www.facebook.com/bob.stewart.942
            Great pics. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
              Great pics. Thanks.
              +1

Comment

My wife drove by stadium today, she let know she saw a couple cranes on site, I am assuming they installing the scoreboard.

PS after watching the live cam, it seems to be the crane was there to install the the padding for the turf.
                Last edited by chivas_gold; 06-25-2019, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chivas_gold View Post
                  My wife drove by stadium today, she let know she saw a couple cranes on site, I am assuming they installing the scoreboard.

PS after watching the live cam, it seems to be the crane was there to install the the padding for the turf.
                  They should be installing the scoreboard supports, mounts & related. Scoreboard should be very soon. They are working on installing the drainage tie-ins to the main system on north end. (Forgot - there is to be 120 truck loads of rock put down before the pad - don't know if all of rock already there is part of that or not).Then the company handling the field will get after the pad (after soccer?), but as I understand it the pad is not a multi piece unit with seams. It is supposedly to be poured as one overall system without seams so that the pad should last 30 years and the turf life is also extended (but not for 30 years). I am hoping to be able to see that pad install in person :-)
                  Last edited by ras619; 06-25-2019, 12:32 PM.

Comment

They should be installing the scoreboard supports, mounts & related. Scoreboard should be very soon. They are working on installing the drainage tie-ins to the main system on north end. Then the company handling the field will get after the pad (after soccer?), but as I understand it the pad is not a multi piece unit with seams. It is supposedly to be poured as one overall system without seams so that the pad should last 30 years and the turf life is also extended (but not for 30 years). I am hoping to be able to see that pad install in person :-)
                    I just drove by. The big crane is working on the scoreboard supports and catwalk.

Comment

That looks really nice, we should get a home and home with GVSU again so we can compare digs! Best of luck in the new home.

Comment

Originally posted by chivas_gold View Post

I always thought it was a pelican that did construction on the Flintstones. Good to hear Texas has included cranes.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                          A WT official emailed me a couple days ago with an update on the stadium I don't think he'd mind me sharing this with everyone.

"Field laying has been going on for a while....there are many layers to it. Putting in sleeves for nets yesterday and today. The next layer to the field will be drainage pipes and then 120 truckloads of rock. Then roll and graded again, and them shockpad and turf. The actual green stuff won't start to go down till mid-July. It will take a couple weeks to get the green stuff all in. Chair seats will start being installed as soon as the brackets arrive...any day now. Scoreboard catwalks, etc. start Monday."

The masons are building the ticket booths and more fence work is in progress.
                          Are they still waiting on the chair brackets? I assume since there hasn't been any activity on the home upper level since your message. I'm still not convinced this thing is ready

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                            Are they still waiting on the chair brackets? I assume since there hasn't been any activity on the home upper level since your message. I'm still not convinced this thing is ready
                            It's going to be interesting to see that cats walking those cat walks.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                              I always thought it was a pelican that did construction on the Flintstones. Good to hear Texas has included cranes.
                              HA!:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X