Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WT New Stadium

Drove by today - WoW is this going to be good.

Comment

Now that I am a D2 football dad - I am trying to get more educated. If WT can average around 8-9000 that would be great for them. I hope that they can get it done. I have family that are Tarleton grads/fans and apparently they have redone their stadium as well. Good for them. The Head Coach at Mines promised us 'Texas' parents back in January that he was trying to schedule a LSC team and he got it done with Angelo. I was hoping for WT or Tarleton but will take Angelo. Mines is going to have another opening in their non-conference schedule as Dixie St is going D1 after this season I believe .... but I'm afraid that the Mines coach will want to schedule a team from the Pacific Northwest as they recruit the Seattle/Portland/Spokane metro area's pretty heavily.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDigger View Post
        Now that I am a D2 football dad - I am trying to get more educated. If WT can average around 8-9000 that would be great for them. I hope that they can get it done. I have family that are Tarleton grads/fans and apparently they have redone their stadium as well. Good for them. The Head Coach at Mines promised us 'Texas' parents back in January that he was trying to schedule a LSC team and he got it done with Angelo. I was hoping for WT or Tarleton but will take Angelo. Mines is going to have another opening in their non-conference schedule as Dixie St is going D1 after this season I believe .... but I'm afraid that the Mines coach will want to schedule a team from the Pacific Northwest as they recruit the Seattle/Portland/Spokane metro area's pretty heavily.
        Last edited by chivas_gold; 07-03-2019, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Comment

:good:

Comment

A few new Buffalo Stadium photos as of 5pm 7/8/19

https://www.facebook.com/bob.stewart...0713001635162?

Comment

• Last edited by house_divided; 07-09-2019, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Looks like RAS has been sent to the FaceBook dungeon for posting unseemly content

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                    Looks like RAS has been sent to the FaceBook dungeon for posting unseemly content
                    Hopefully it is fixed now. Took out the AngeloFan photos. :smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by ras619 View Post
                      Hopefully it is fixed now. Took out the AngeloFan photos. :smile-big:
                      Thank you, for sharing. Great pics!

Comment

A few new Buffalo Stadium photos as of 5pm 7/8/19

https://www.facebook.com/bob.stewart...0713001635162?
                        It's looking good, thanks for the pics

Comment

It has been a good day to check in on the live camera. About 8:30a this morning there were 11 motorized vehicles of one sort or another all in action on the field area - this included 4 large semi loads of rock. More rock arriving as I am typing. Both goal posts have been installed and are levelled. The upper deck on the west side has two sections that now have the seat brackets (they are maroon so easy to spot the progress). More tarp has been stretched moving westward and the rock continues to be levelled. Work is going on atop the scoreboard which I suspect (hard to see that far) is the installation of the speakers (think Hunter mentioned that yesterday). Appears to be about 4 guys working on the west catwalk area. The contractor is also bringing in dirt to level off the south end of the area just outside the field. While we were there yesterday they were putting the pre-assembled rebar for the concrete areas in place behind the locker rooms (bus parking), and to the west of the stadium ramp to the field. That was a very huge stack of rebar units, appox. 20' x 20' each - so work was going on elsewhere & great idea to bring it in that way. We also were able to view the suite area, club area & media area - all still have a lot to do, but it really looked just same as building a home - the finish out is tedious & always at the end. 60 days . . .

Comment

It has been a good day to check in on the live camera. About 8:30a this morning there were 11 motorized vehicles of one sort or another all in action on the field area - this included 4 large semi loads of rock. More rock arriving as I am typing. Both goal posts have been installed and are levelled. The upper deck on the west side has two sections that now have the seat brackets (they are maroon so easy to spot the progress). More tarp has been stretched moving westward and the rock continues to be levelled. Work is going on atop the scoreboard which I suspect (hard to see that far) is the installation of the speakers (think Hunter mentioned that yesterday). Appears to be about 4 guys working on the west catwalk area. The contractor is also bringing in dirt to level off the south end of the area just outside the field. While we were there yesterday they were putting the pre-assembled rebar for the concrete areas in place behind the locker rooms (bus parking), and to the west of the stadium ramp to the field. That was a very huge stack of rebar units, appox. 20' x 20' each - so work was going on elsewhere & great idea to bring it in that way. We also were able to view the suite area, club area & media area - all still have a lot to do, but it really looked just same as building a home - the finish out is tedious & always at the end. 60 days . . .
                            Activity has picked back up for sure. It was silent out there the 4th through the weekend. How often do they provide those tours you were on yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                              Activity has picked back up for sure. It was silent out there the 4th through the weekend. How often do they provide those tours you were on yesterday?
                              I was going about once a month earlier this year, but since getting back from a road trip 1st week of June I have tried to schedule one every 2 weeks. There were 8 of us yesterday so a little slower, but 5 of them had not been there before. As best I know they are staying pretty busy with tours for BC members - there are plans for several events for BC members & also the general public throughout August.

Comment

I hope we make it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X