Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WT New Stadium

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    This is not the latest. The stadium is much further along than this. The live view is the latest (obviously). It shows stands going up on the east side, much progress on the press box. Much, much more than what you posted.
    This is one of the latest pics on the website.

Regardless, it's probably a 30 day prep and install of Field Turf, at least. So, still, ready in 14 weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post
      This is one of the latest pics on the website.

Regardless, it's probably a 30 day prep and install of Field Turf, at least. So, still, ready in 14 weeks?
      Yes, ready on time. As you can see the lights are up, they can be turned on and work late if needed.
      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Today's stadium live cam view showed a beehive of activity. You can see the press box coming right along as well as the upper east stand structure in place. It looks like construction is really going to come together quickly.
        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 05-01-2019, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Today's stadium live cam view showed a beehive of activity. You can see the press box coming right along as well as the upper east stand structure in place. It looks like construction is really going to come together quickly.

I need to see this new stadium.

What's the name of it? Have they announced it yet?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post
              I need to see this new stadium.

What's the name of it? Have they announced it yet?
              https://gobuffsgo.com/sports/2018/6/...um.aspx?id=271
              Buffalo stadium is the name.
              I believe the students choose this name back when they Voted to increases athletic fees.

Comment

https://twitter.com/wtathletics/stat...387526656?s=09

Comment

So what is the estimated completion date? With all the weather that is moving through I'm sure this will slow progress.

If they are not ready by 9/7 will they go back to the Brough for one last game? I hope it does not end up like Tarleton and they have to push back the grand opening.

Comment

Ahhhhh....memories!

added to the end of a statement to indicate that no further discussion is possible or desirable.
                    "he is the sole owner of the trademark, period"

synonyms: and that's that, and that is the end of the matter, full stop, finis
                    "it's a hard job, period"

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
                      So what is the estimated completion date? With all the weather that is moving through I'm sure this will slow progress.

If they are not ready by 9/7 will they go back to the Brough for one last game? I hope it does not end up like Tarleton and they have to push back the grand opening.
                      I hope not. I've never heard of a contingency plan, only heard it will be done and that's that. I'm still on the fence, they have a crap load of concrete to pour and install the field. At the rate they have been going, even the last couple weeks, I don't see it being done.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                        It rains like 15 days in Canyon all year, LOL
                        The average annual precipitation in the Panhandle is @ 17/18 inches. May is usually our wettest month, but that's not set in stone.
                        Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post

When I brought this up, I was told it was a non-factor in Canyon, as you guys only get 15 days of rain a year. (I think Chip said 35 days in another post). Still, it should NOT be a factor, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                          When I brought this up, I was told it was a non-factor in Canyon, as you guys only get 15 days of rain a year. (I think Chip said 35 days in another post). Still, it should NOT be a factor, right?
                          I've been assured by WT admin types that the stadium WILL be ready for the game on Sep 7. I drive by often and watch the live cam daily (just got off of it) and the activity is non-stop. The concrete bases for seating on the west side have been laid, same for the east side. East side seating platforms are in place. The field is constantly being graded in prep for turf. I have been given no reason to doubt that it won't be ready on time.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                            It doesn't rain here much but always seems to be cyclical. Unfortunately for the stadium construction, it's been way wetter than normal the last few weeks. I'm naturally cynical, so I don't buy it that they weren't supposed to be farther along by now

Comment

Intense late afternoon storms abruptly curtailed stadium construction this afternoon. Rained and hailed in Canyon pretty damned hard for a half hour. More coming. Several funnel clouds reported throughout the Panhandle.
                              Last edited by BuffaloChip; 05-07-2019, 05:40 PM.

Comment

I asked a WT administrator about the progress on the stadium. This is what he emailed me:

"The stadium is progressing rapidy. We are on schedule and there are anywhere from 150-170 workers out there every day. I watched a crew of workers put the window frames in for the entire third floor in about 2 hours today. The suites are sheet-rocked and glassed in. Installation of the upper deck seating on the west side starts next week. Field prep for the drainage and turf started this week. Scoreboard piers should start next week.

By July 1, it should look like a football stadium with a field, seating, scoreboard, etc. We are scheduled to start moving furniture in mid-August and start testing the technology and cameras.

It is a tight schedule, but Western Builders has been terrific and right now we are confident we'll be able to run practices in there in August. It's a choreographed dance that is fun to watch, and it seems something significant is changing every day."

He went on to highly compliment the work ethic and quality of work being done by Western Builders as "superior."

So, I hope that belays concerns that the stadium won't be ready for Sep 7.
                                Last edited by BuffaloChip; 05-09-2019, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X