Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WT New Stadium

Originally posted by chivas_gold View Post
    I am not sure if this is true, but I hear we got a live Buffalo before Colorado did. But not sure if is true.
    I fact check it. And it is true we purchased our first live Buffalo in 1922 and colorado rent their first Buffalo in 1934.

Comment

I am not sure if this is true, but I hear we got a live Buffalo before Colorado did. But not sure if is true.
      I believe that Colorado had theirs before WT, but I have heard that they don't regularly replace theirs and they get so old, all they can do is lay there!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
        I believe that Colorado had theirs before WT, but I have heard that they don't regularly replace theirs and they get so old, all they can do is lay there!
        That's simply due to the air up in Boulder.

Comment

I fact check it. And it is true we purchased our first live Buffalo in 1922 and colorado rent their first Buffalo in 1934.
          You are right. WT did have one back then. It was donated to the school by Charlie Goodnight. In fact, you can still see him at the Panhandle Plains Historical Museum. However, we went for many years without a live mascot. We did not have one when I was there in the 60s!

This is history of the live Buffalo mascot:

https://gobuffsgo.com/sports/2010/5/..._herdsmen.aspx
          Last edited by GoBuffsGo; 07-30-2019, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
            Poor dude was penned up the whole time the last time i was there....he he he!
            I believe that in 2019, Thunder XII was a new calf and still in training. And was not ready for the big show!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
              WT had theirs first, in 1922 until 1935, and then didn't have a live mascot again until 1977. CU's first buffalo at a game was in 1934, prior to that they were not named the buffaloes but went by the following names - Arapahoes, Big Horns, Frontiersmen, Grizzlies, Hornets, Silver and Gold, Silver Helmets, and Yellow Jackets.
              Last edited by Turbonium; 07-30-2019, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                That's simply due to the pot filled air up in Boulder.
                FIXED it for ya!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                  FIXED it for ya!
                  That's what I was gettin' at Pops, come on!

Comment

WT had theirs first, in 1922 until 1935, and then didn't have a live mascot again until 1977. CU's first buffalo at a game was in 1934, prior to that they were not named the buffaloes but went by the following names - Arapahoes, Big Horns, Frontiersmen, Grizzlies, Hornets, Silver and Gold, Silver Helmets, and Yellow Jackets.
                    That should be "Arapahos" D@MN those Wikipedia geniuses!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                      That should be "Arapahos" D@MN those Wikipedia geniuses!
                      Or should it...:tongue:

Never knew they had so many name changes. Never been a CU fan.

Comment

Or should it...:tongue:

Never knew they had so many name changes. Never been a CU fan.
                        I didn't either. A former DL of mine played their. He loved the school.

Comment

Im kinda sad Eastern has stopped fostering the retired racing greyhounds, live maskots are cool. I do hope the buffallo run wild in all their games but 1!!
                          Get an old greyhound bus, since that's what your mascot was named after.

Comment

Im kinda sad Eastern has stopped fostering the retired racing greyhounds, live maskots are cool. I do hope the buffallo run wild in all their games but 1!!
                            When did you stop fostering greyhounds? If I recall correctly, back when, I went to WT you still had a live greyhound.
                            Last edited by chivas_gold; 07-31-2019, 07:22 AM.

Comment

I finally see some of green stuff on the live cam.

Comment

The turf is going down. :good::smile-big:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0916510948144?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X