Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WT New Stadium

Do you guys know if they are going to sod or seed around the stadium's exterior?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
      Thanks Brandon!!
      Is that the student section? If so - they are getting hosed.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDigger View Post
        Is that the student section? If so - they are getting hosed.
        The section for the students and Maroon Platoon will be right behind the visiting team sidelines in the lower level. That area there is just a berm for signage and overflow...the Buffalo will be in that dirt area at the base of the berm

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
          The section for the students and Maroon Platoon will be right behind the visiting team sidelines in the lower level. That area there is just a berm for signage and overflow...the Buffalo will be in that dirt area at the base of the berm

Comment

The photo referenced was the berm on the north end where the scoreboard is located - that dirt area is the control center (underneath) for the field drainage - all piping runs to the east/west from the field & then drains to the north. The Buffalo will be on the South end outside the stadium on a platform next to the main stadium entrance & will be visible to all from inside the stadium.

The band was given their choice of seating & they selected the NW corner. The Maroon Platoon selected the 50 yd line on the east side behind the visiting team. Visitor seating is on the NE corner adjacent to the visiting team entrance area. Except for the band & Maroon Platoon the students have multiple choices on the east & west side. The berms were originally for overflow, but that may have changed so that it is also General Admission.

Comment

Originally posted by ras619 View Post
              The photo referenced was the berm on the north end where the scoreboard is located - that dirt area is the control center (underneath) for the field drainage - all piping runs to the east/west from the field & then drains to the north. The Buffalo will be on the South end outside the stadium on a platform next to the main stadium entrance & will be visible to all from inside the stadium.

The band was given their choice of seating & they selected the NW corner. The Maroon Platoon selected the 50 yd line on the east side behind the visiting team. Visitor seating is on the NE corner adjacent to the visiting team entrance area. Except for the band & Maroon Platoon the students have multiple choices on the east & west side. The berms were originally for overflow, but that may have changed so that it is also General Admission.
              Interesting, thanks for the clarification. I could have sworn I had read the North end zone area would be where the buffalo would be on game day. So I assumed the dirt area was for that purpose. It would make sense to open up the berms for seating during all games. It might become an advantage when opposing teams get down there.

Comment

The north berms will be configured for hosting the University's live mascot, Thunder XII, during games.

https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2018/4/20/board-approves-construction-of-wtamus-on-campus-football-stadium.aspx?path=football

Comment

Interesting, thanks for the clarification. I could have sworn I had read the North end zone area would be where the buffalo would be on game day. So I assumed the dirt area was for that purpose. It would make sense to open up the berms for seating during all games. It might become an advantage when opposing teams get down there.
                  You are correct as to the live buffalo, I was talking about the 9' BIG buffalo which has been in my focus the last couple of weeks. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by chivas_gold View Post
                    The north berms will be configured for hosting the University's live mascot, Thunder XII, during games.

https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2018/4/20...?path=football
                    Wait, you guys got a live buffalo? Do you run it on the field prior to the game like Colorado does? If so, may have to make a trip to Canyon just for that!

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                      Wait, you guys got a live buffalo? Do you run it on the field prior to the game like Colorado does? If so, may have to make a trip to Canyon just for that!
                      Yep, had one for years. In fact, the current one is Thunder XII. He leads the team on the field prior to the game and runs on the field after a score on the opposite end of the field.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
                        Yep, had one for years. In fact, the current one is Thunder XII. He leads the team on the field prior to the game and runs on the field after a score on the opposite end of the field.
                        Poor dude was penned up the whole time the last time i was there....he he he!
                        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                          Poor dude was penned up the whole time the last time i was there....he he he!
                          I bet they let him loose at the half to handle his business on the Eastern sideline! Fortunately for me I wasn't at that beatdown

Comment

I bet they let him loose at the half to handle his business on the Eastern sideline! Fortunately for me I wasn't at that beatdown
                            Im kinda sad Eastern has stopped fostering the retired racing greyhounds, live maskots are cool. I do hope the buffallo run wild in all their games but 1!!
                            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
                              I am not sure if this is true, but I hear we got a live Buffalo before Colorado did. But not sure if is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                                Im kinda sad Eastern has stopped fostering the retired racing greyhounds, live maskots are cool. I do hope the buffallo run wild in all their games but 1!!
                                I agree. I think it adds a little appeal to the experience

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X