Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tarleton @ TAMU-Commerce

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
    One area which surprised me during the game, was the fact there was very little to no chippiness. Both teams played hard with some penalties but almost no personal fouls or dirty shots. Appeared to be very little jaw jacking between players. Very clean game from this point of view.
    I thought the same. I read a lot on here in regards to Tarleton heading into it but I really didn't see anything at all during the game.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
      One area which surprised me during the game, was the fact there was very little to no chippiness. Both teams played hard with some penalties but almost no personal fouls or dirty shots. Appeared to be very little jaw jacking between players. Very clean game from this point of view.
      That's another area where I need to give Kudos to MSU also. Toward the end of our game, there were a few instances where there was some pushing and shoving after the whistle and the MSU guys were really quick to jump in and pull their guys away from the action. In the two or three times where I noticed this happening, it was usually one of the Hog players that was letting his frustrations get the best of him. MSU players showed a lot of class by not kicking a defeated opponent. It would have been easy, but they showed a lot of class. I have to say, there were players on our side that did the same thing and got in there quick to stop the action before it developed into something worse. I will say, however, that one of the MSU coaches was very "vocal" anytime MSU did something good. It was a pretty hushed crowd and once MSU scores to go up 55-7, you've pretty much made your point. This particular coach, however, made it a point to continue to yell his "WOO!!! WOO!!! WOO!!!". I really feel some of the players may have felt some embarrassment as he was pretty much standing by himself after the first couple of times he did that.

Comment

Techster - I got the point. As I said the Texan's deserved the win and also said the TO's were the key to the game - NOT the penalties! TSU is playing REALLY well right now and I hope they keep it up. I have been in football pretty much my whole life and the same ingredients work well today - run the football, play defense, and have great special teams. I also said the Lions would not be out penalized - it is their fatal flaw. They should have won the NC several times in the last couple of years - they had much more talent overall than they had last year. Why didn't they? Coaching and penalties. With great coaching/teaching - the penalties would not be happening to the tune of 20 or so in their biggest game of the year. With all that said - the Texan's are still 10 points better than TAMUC if both play mistake free football. Will that be the case in 6 weeks? Probably but as you said if the Lions improve on offense, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by cchrstnsn View Post
          Techster - I got the point. As I said the Texan's deserved the win and also said the TO's were the key to the game - NOT the penalties! TSU is playing REALLY well right now and I hope they keep it up. I have been in football pretty much my whole life and the same ingredients work well today - run the football, play defense, and have great special teams. I also said the Lions would not be out penalized - it is their fatal flaw. They should have won the NC several times in the last couple of years - they had much more talent overall than they had last year. Why didn't they? Coaching and penalties. With great coaching/teaching - the penalties would not be happening to the tune of 20 or so in their biggest game of the year. With all that said - the Texan's are still 10 points better than TAMUC if both play mistake free football. Will that be the case in 6 weeks? Probably but as you said if the Lions improve on offense, who knows.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X