Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tarleton @ TAMU-Commerce

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
    No reason for you to apologize. Every bunch has it's wackos. I have lots of tartleton buddies around here that are good people.
    LionFan is one of the good guys in the LSC and has always supported other teams other than Commerce ...I consider him a good friend as well as others on this board like..JavFan, AngeloFan, and Joe plus many more that I have personally met along the way..at Kingsville and WT...we all love our Alma Maters and have the right to support them each and every Saturday in a civil spirited manner but calling someone out on a personal level is uncalled for...LF I am sorry that you were attacked by someone who says they are a Tarleton supporter...it is very embarrasing to me...

Comment

Originally posted by majorpayne View Post
      LionFan is one of the good guys in the LSC and has always supported other teams other than Commerce ...I consider him a good friend as well as others on this board like..JavFan, AngeloFan, and Joe plus many more that I have personally met along the way..at Kingsville and WT...we all love our Alma Maters and have the right to support them each and every Saturday in a civil spirited manner but calling someone out on a personal level is uncalled for...LF I am sorry that you were attacked by someone who says they are a Tarleton supporter...it is very embarrasing to me...
      Hey man there is zero reason for you or anyone else to apologize for them. You were the first person I thought of when I said I had lot of Tarleton buddies around here. I'm sure there have been Lion fans who made idiots of themselves along the way too. We all have our bad apples.

I'll just cross my fingers that we get another shot at you guys in a few weeks when the stakes are higher so I can come say hi. Anything but Minnesota again....please. My old bones can't handle that cold up there.

Comment

Hey man there is zero reason for you or anyone else to apologize for them. You were the first person I thought of when I said I had lot of Tarleton buddies around here. I'm sure there have been Lion fans who made idiots of themselves along the way too. We all have our bad apples.

I'll just cross my fingers that we get another shot at you guys in a few weeks when the stakes are higher so I can come say hi. Anything but Minnesota again....please. My old bones can't handle that cold up there.
        Yes Sir hope too see you soon..And thanks for all that you do for the LSC ...

Comment

Oh no, this was Tarleton fans I don't even know rubbing it in saturday night lol classy bunch
          Sounds like some us need to learn how to win.

Comment

Great post. After being cussed at on twitter by tarleton fans and another snooping around the internet for my personal email and cussing at me there as well, it's nice to see a classy post like this.
            There's trash talk and then there's going too far.

Comment

LF, sorry to hear that. Not all of us go overboard due to athletic competition.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLionWire View Post
                What we did last year is just that..............LAST YEAR.

Any play call our coordinators made last year..........that was just that.......LAST YEAR.

Any Decision our coaches made last year........was LAST YEAR.

We won the National title in 2017, which is LAST YEAR. This year, we have won 5 games.

We beat Midwestern State last week. LAST WEEK.

The Past means nothing, because our future could look like us sitting at home in November or going to Copperas Cove or Corsicana and the season ending there.

These teams that are struggling and people are asking "whats wrong with this team, and that team" odds are it is something similar.

Last year is done, over with, and finished. We celebrated it and now it is time to go back to work and be elite again.
                You can and should do all this while acknowledging that Commerce are the Champs until someone else wins the title - or at least until Commerce is officially out of the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                  There isn't one, genius. What year are we in? What year did you win the national championship? I'll help if needed.
                  No dog in this fight but I won the Natty in 1984 at TROY so I will speak LOL. I listened to the game, seems Texans dominated not doubt about that. The argument that w/o the KO return its 24-7 is complete BS. All scores count - including TAMUC not fielding a KO and giving up a 3 yard TD (should we take that off the board?). Again, from listening, it seems Tarleton is the team of destiny in the LSC this year.
                  The score was 24-21 when "the fumble" happened and things were VERY MUCH in doubt. It sounded like a great game with the defending National Champions trying to hang on but they just don't have the firepower on offense to get it done right now - maybe they will get better, win out, and be a threat in the playoffs - a big IF.
                  What I said before the game on this site held true - TAMUC will not be UNDERpenalized. It is not in their DNA (especially Carthel's) to let the opponent out penalize them. For the Texan fans complaining about penalties prior to this game - now you see what undisciplined is and it's not the Texans. I will also say that anytime 1 team is penalized close to 20 or more times and the opposing team (who was the most penalized according to their own fanbase) has only 4 or 5 penalities then something is certainly amiss. It's NOT the reason TAMUC lost - turnovers's probably caused more pain - and the Texans are the better team right now. It's their turn and they seem to be very deserving.

Comment

Originally posted by cchrstnsn View Post
                    No dog in this fight but I won the Natty in 1984 at TROY so I will speak LOL. I listened to the game, seems Texans dominated not doubt about that. The argument that w/o the KO return its 24-7 is complete BS. All scores count - including TAMUC not fielding a KO and giving up a 3 yard TD (should we take that off the board?). Again, from listening, it seems Tarleton is the team of destiny in the LSC this year.
                    The score was 24-21 when "the fumble" happened and things were VERY MUCH in doubt. It sounded like a great game with the defending National Champions trying to hang on but they just don't have the firepower on offense to get it done right now - maybe they will get better, win out, and be a threat in the playoffs - a big IF.
                    What I said before the game on this site held true - TAMUC will not be UNDERpenalized. It is not in their DNA (especially Carthel's) to let the opponent out penalize them. For the Texan fans complaining about penalties prior to this game - now you see what undisciplined is and it's not the Texans. I will also say that anytime 1 team is penalized close to 20 or more times and the opposing team (who was the most penalized according to their own fanbase) has only 4 or 5 penalities then something is certainly amiss. It's NOT the reason TAMUC lost - turnovers's probably caused more pain - and the Texans are the better team right now. It's their turn and they seem to be very deserving.
                    I agree. Even with the officiating it was a great game until Commerce didnt field a kickoff - and that was 100% on the coaching. They told the up front guys to let the ball bounce back to the return guys, and the return guys didnt get direction on who should have fielded it. As a result neither one did. That touchdown on the 3 yard field was the ball game.

Comment

Comment

Next year should be much improved. Hard to win big 2 years in a row, especially after losing what we lost. Im happy if we make the playoffs this year, ok if we dont. I was hoping for better, but my eyes dont lie.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                          Next year should be much improved. Hard to win big 2 years in a row, especially after losing what we lost. Im happy if we make the playoffs this year, ok if we dont. I was hoping for better, but my eyes dont lie.
                          Yep, I was thinking KW would have a breakout game. But, what I saw was a guy who has talent but just is not comfortable making the right reads right now. Needs seasoning and hopefully will get a shot at playoffs. Congratulations to the Texans on the W. They have been consistent all year long. I like their chances in cold weather playoff games also because they are run heavy.

Enjoyed the game immensely and wished it would have been closer. Those pads were cracking though.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                            Yep, I was thinking KW would have a breakout game. But, what I saw was a guy who has talent but just is not comfortable making the right reads right now. Needs seasoning and hopefully will get a shot at playoffs. Congratulations to the Texans on the W. They have been consistent all year long. I like their chances in cold weather playoff games also because they are run heavy.

Enjoyed the game immensely and wished it would have been closer. Those pads were cracking though.
                            Yes he is hesitant both throwing and running. Not the same guy I saw on film. That will improve every week. He has made big strides already. Still too slow reading check downs and still not running like he is capable. Patience will pay off with him I think.

Comment

Hell of a game too! Chan Gailey's 2nd year I think. Last second (literally LAST SECOND) FG against NDSU. What a finish.

Comment

One area which surprised me during the game, was the fact there was very little to no chippiness. Both teams played hard with some penalties but almost no personal fouls or dirty shots. Appeared to be very little jaw jacking between players. Very clean game from this point of view.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X