Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tarleton @ TAMU-Commerce

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    This reminds me of Rocky in Rocky 3. You're the champ but you can't handle going up against people with the eye of the tiger.
    Trash talk means a lot more in December.

Or are you saying TAMUC comes back for a big win in a rematch?
    Last edited by We-Are-Lions; 10-14-2018, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
      It's more funny that you're the only one agreeing with your point. :stop:

2018 is waiting for you to join it still.

Comment

What we did last year is just that..............LAST YEAR.

Any play call our coordinators made last year..........that was just that.......LAST YEAR.

Any Decision our coaches made last year........was LAST YEAR.

We won the National title in 2017, which is LAST YEAR. This year, we have won 5 games.

We beat Midwestern State last week. LAST WEEK.

The Past means nothing, because our future could look like us sitting at home in November or going to Copperas Cove or Corsicana and the season ending there.

These teams that are struggling and people are asking "whats wrong with this team, and that team" odds are it is something similar.

Last year is done, over with, and finished. We celebrated it and now it is time to go back to work and be elite again.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLionWire View Post

Any play call our coordinators made last year..........that was just that.......LAST YEAR.

We won the National title in 2017, which is LAST YEAR. This year, we have won 5 games.

The Past means nothing, because our future could look like us sitting at home in November or going to Copperas Cove or Corsicana and the season ending there.

These teams that are struggling and people are asking "whats wrong with this team, and that team" odds are it is something similar.

Last year is done, over with, and finished. We celebrated it and now it is time to go back to work and be elite again.
          HEAR! HEAR!

BRAVO! *applauding*

Comment

Originally posted by TheLionWire View Post

Yes, and the next four opponents are all doable. WNM, WT, UTPB & ASU

9-2 is not shabby. But, will need help from the Texans to have a shot at playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

9-2 is not shabby. But, will need help from the Texans to have a shot at playoffs.
              9-2 will make playoffs for Commerce. Nsic is beating themselves up.
              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                9-2 will make playoffs for Commerce. Nsic is beating themselves up.
                Does the LSC get 3 with a 9-2 TAMUC, 9-1 TSU, and 9-1 MSU? If no, who looses out?

Comment

ONE week at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                    ONE week at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by BJ Hawk View Post
                      Does the LSC get 3 with a 9-2 TAMUC, 9-1 TSU, and 9-1 MSU? If no, who looses out?
                      Under this scenario TAMUC,

Comment

That they did, a year ago. You and Jake can hold hands and frolic whilst dreaming of 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by BJ Hawk View Post
                          1. Seriously doubt that Msu beats tarleton.
                          2. 10-0 tarleton makes it, as does 9-1 tarleton.
                          3. likely scenario 10-0 tarleton gets high seed, 9-2 commerce makes it, Msu at 9-2 is on the bubble.
                          4. just for clarity, imho when i say msu is not likely to beat Tarleton = Tarleton bus wrecks on the way to way to witchita falls.

If the bus makes it tarleton would have to have the meltdown of the century to loose, but we are talking 10% chance that happens.
                          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                            GREAT POST.

THANK GOD someone who understands sports gets it.

A "Championship" is a TOURNAMENT winner. The playoffs is the TOURNAMENT. I don't give a RATS A$$ what anyone else says about it. It is what it is.

Year after year, as my teams win championships, that lasts until our party, parade, whatever. The DAY after the celebration, IT'S OVER, HISTORY and on to the next season. So.....it lasts a week or two TOPS for me.

But....maybe thats why we WIN so often. Must have the proper mindset and focus. And keep that HUNGER; Eye of the Tiger!

NOBODY cares what you did last season, last month, or even last week. As a matter of fact, even YESTERDAY is HISTORY and on to next week's game.

This very much the attitude of a coach. You win the championship on Saturday. You take off Sunday. Monday you're working your rear off recruiting for the next year.

My mindset is that Texas A&M-Commerce should be called the champions until the first game kicks off the next season. There is always a void of three-plus months where we don't have a champion.

I don't think one is right and one is wrong but that's how I feel about it.

Comment

The correct term is defending National Champions. This means they are attempting to stay king of the hill.

I disagree with Jake on playoff picture. Lions can run the table and TSU takes care of MSU Texas as I believe they will then the Lions can get in as the 7th spot. C Wash should be sitting at home. They have NO quality teams on their schedule.
                              If Tarleton beats Midwestern, I'm guessing it will look like this:

1. Minnesota State (11-0)
                              2. Tarleton State (10-0)
                              3. Minnesota Duluth (11-0)
                              4. Colorado Mines (11-0)
                              5. CSU-Pueblo (10-1)
                              6. Central Washington (9-1)
                              7. Texas A&M-Commerce (9-2) wins out with h2h over Midwestern State (8-2)

If Midwestern beats Tarleton, I'm guessing it will look like this:

Maybe because it's late but I am having a real tough time figuring this one out. Commerce could be left out because of the second loss.

The LSC results would have created a cluster when considering h2h. Central Washington's place in the pecking order would determine a lot. The LSC teams need WT to lose because that harms CWU but has no effect on them.

If CWU is at #5, I have no clue. CWU at #6 is the only scenario I can predict....

2. Minnesota Duluth (11-0)
                              3. Colorado Mines (11-0)
                              4. CSU-Pueblo (10-1)
                              5. Tarleton State (9-1)
                              7. Texas A&M-Commerce (9-2) over Midwestern State (9-1) because of h2h

or

2. Minnesota Duluth (11-0)
                              3. Colorado Mines (11-0)
                              4. CSU-Pueblo (10-1)
                              5. Midwestern State (9-1)
                              7. Tarleton State (9-1) over Texas A&M-Commerce (9-2) because of h2h

Non-Conference Best Case Scenarios
                              Tarleton State: Delta State (2-7), Lincoln (2-7)
                              Midwestern State: Humboldt State (2-7)
                              TX A&M-Commerce: William Jewell (1-8), Lock Haven (1-9), CSU-Pueblo (9-1)
                              Central Washington: West Texas (6-4), Southwest Baptist (0-8)

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
                                Trash talk means a lot more in December.

Or are you saying TAMUC comes back for a big win in a rematch?
                                1. It does mean a lot after a 26 point victory in the other teams stadium.

2. Unless Apollo Creed shows up to train y'all I'm not losing sleep.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X