Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tarleton @ TAMU-Commerce

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    So the Eagles arent the current Super Bowl champions? The Warriors arent the current NBA champions? Alabama isnt the current D1 football champion? lol. ok man.
    No, they aren't. Nor are they living in the past. It's a new season, new players, new everything. You have 2017 as a great memory, we are now halfway through the 2018 season. Go ask Saban that question and I guarantee he's moved on from LAST season. Might be a small reason why he, and his teams, are so successful.

Comment

So the Eagles arent the current Super Bowl champions? The Warriors arent the current NBA champions? Alabama isnt the current D1 football champion? lol. ok man.
      PSSH Everyone knows that Central Florida was the national champs last year
      Tarleton State Texan
      Texas State Bobcat

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
        Keep living in last year, just don't be surprised when you're knocked out of the playoffs early

Comment

To be fair so is A&M Kingsville

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
            No, they aren't. Nor are they living in the past. It's a new season, new players, new everything. You have 2017 as a great memory, we are now halfway through the 2018 season. Go ask Saban that question and I guarantee he's moved on from LAST season. Might be a small reason why he, and his teams, are so successful.
            GREAT POST.

THANK GOD someone who understands sports gets it.

A "Championship" is a TOURNAMENT winner. The playoffs is the TOURNAMENT. I don't give a RATS A$$ what anyone else says about it. It is what it is.

Year after year, as my teams win championships, that lasts until our party, parade, whatever. The DAY after the celebration, IT'S OVER, HISTORY and on to the next season. So.....it lasts a week or two TOPS for me.

But....maybe thats why we WIN so often. Must have the proper mindset and focus. And keep that HUNGER; Eye of the Tiger!

NOBODY cares what you did last season, last month, or even last week. As a matter of fact, even YESTERDAY is HISTORY and on to next week's game.

Comment

The two finalists were very lucky last season to get there. Was it their fate? I'm thinking so.

TAMUC won the first week against UNA (that ended 5-5) by 1-point after North Alabama missed four FGs (yes, 4!!) by a new kicker. UWF had a game with Midwestern State cancelled because of a hurricane in south FL that came no where near Pensacola.

If those games were losses for either, they would not have made the playoffs. I chalked it up to destiny.

Last week, I though those 'lucky', fateful scenarios were still happening for those two squads. After this week, maybe not.

BTW, UNA still has that kicker. He's great now. :disapointed:
              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

Sad. But there is a a lot of truth to that. And that might be an understatement.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                  GREAT POST.

A "Championship" is a TOURNAMENT winner. The playoffs is the TOURNAMENT. I don't give a RATS A$$ what anyone else says about it. It is what it is.

Year after year, as my teams win championships, that lasts until our party, parade, whatever. The DAY after the celebration, IT'S OVER, HISTORY and on to the next season. So.....it lasts a week or two TOPS for me.

But....maybe thats why we WIN so often. Must have the proper mindset and focus. And keep that HUNGER; Eye of the Tiger!

NOBODY cares what you did last season, last month, or even last week. As a matter of fact, even YESTERDAY is HISTORY and on to next week's game.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                    GREAT POST.

Ah, so how long you are Champion is arbitrary and up to each individual. Got it. Guess that makes us current Champions because I say we are.

Comment

Ah, so how long you are Champion is arbitrary and up to each individual. Got it. Guess that makes us current Champions because I say we are.
                      TAMUC is the reigning champion, not the current one. That's TBD.
                      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

The post.

Your head.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
                          That, and 20,000 students to field 1 team.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                            The post.

Your head.
                            Its funny that you actually probably believe that.

Comment

It's more funny that you're the only one agreeing with your point. :stop:

2018 is waiting for you to join it still.

Comment

This reminds me of Rocky in Rocky 3. You're the champ but you can't handle going up against people with the eye of the tiger.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X