Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASU fires Wagner, promotes DC Jeff Girsch to HC

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    ? That story basically reiterated what another story previously posted said? Was there something I missed that gave us the "rest of the story"?

Comment

Originally posted by RamFamAlum View Post
      tough to fire a guy at 7-4 or 8-4 with one loss coming to FCS oppponent.
      I see what you are saying- but should you fire a guy who is 7-4 or 8-4 with an FCS loss? You have some pretty tough teams there- including the defending national champ.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
        I see what you are saying- but should you fire a guy who is 7-4 or 8-4 with an FCS loss? You have some pretty tough teams there- including the defending national champ.
        So do it after the WT game when they are 3-4. Did ASU admin decide that things got worse during 3 game winning streak.
        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Was his contract up this year? If so, it would have been a simple as releasing a press release next Sunday saying they wouldn't be renewing it.

And you have to wonder what this will do with the morale in the locker room? If I am a Commerce fan or a player, I'd say thanks to the Angelo administration for doing it the way they did it because you possibly made winning a critical game much easier.

Comment

I am fairly certain that the decision was made right after the WT game. Not sure why they waited.

Don't know a lot about Girsch. I am guessing there will be some changes on the offensive side and the type of players we recruit for the secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
              I am fairly certain that the decision was made right after the WT game. Not sure why they waited.

Don't know a lot about Girsch. I am guessing there will be some changes on the offensive side and the type of players we recruit for the secondary.
              I've got to think that a change in offensive philosophy is coming.

Comment

Comment

To me it is the philosophy. With the defense playing well, and they have for the past 3 years, I would think you would want to shorten the game. Have an offense that can control the game and give your defense a break. Yes the offense has been productive, but at what expense to the defense. Look at all of those teams you referenced, yes their offenses are legit, but the defense is the one who ends up taking the brunt of that. You can't expect your defense to be on the field 65% of the time and be able to stop people. Look at the teams that have won championships, they are nearly equal in time of possession and run/pass. None of the teams that win championships are running 95-100 plays per game. That is just my uninformed, never played a down of competitive football, opinion.,

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                    Was his contract up this year? If so, it would have been a simple as releasing a press release next Sunday saying they wouldn't be renewing it.

And you have to wonder what this will do with the morale in the locker room? If I am a Commerce fan or a player, I'd say thanks to the Angelo administration for doing it the way they did it because you possibly made winning a critical game much easier.
                    When you're changing coaches it's always going to affect things like morale. What effect it has on Commerce for one game is completely irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                      To me it is the philosophy. With the defense playing well, and they have for the past 3 years, I would think you would want to shorten the game. Have an offense that can control the game and give your defense a break. Yes the offense has been productive, but at what expense to the defense. Look at all of those teams you referenced, yes their offenses are legit, but the defense is the one who ends up taking the brunt of that. You can't expect your defense to be on the field 65% of the time and be able to stop people. Look at the teams that have won championships, they are nearly equal in time of possession and run/pass. None of the teams that win championships are running 95-100 plays per game. That is just my uninformed, never played a down of competitive football, opinion.,
                      Tweak it maybe but no huge changes. Make running out of the spread more of a priority. More two back and sniffer back stuff I guess. But definitely shouldn't go away from the "spread."

Comment

Based on the results of the WT-ASU game it sounds like you need to hire the WT offensive coordinator! :wink:

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                              Why not just wait one more week when the regular season is over?
                              This is why none of us are running the programs. But WE are all the best armchair QBs, coaches, ADs, and Presidents. Lol. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                                This is why none of us are running the programs. But WE are all the best armchair QBs, coaches, ADs, and Presidents. Lol. ;)
                                I have been undefeated for the past six seasons

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X