Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoffs

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
    BS! The committee will not leave a conference out.

The rules are there for a reason, if they are not going to leave a conference out then just make the rules say such. Its easy!

Criteria 1, the highest ranked team from each conference at the end of the season will recieve a birth in the Playoffs. This is what they do, but it is NOT found anywhere in the criteria.

Ugh earned access is not there for the GNAC but they dont need it the way the committee runs things. Eliminate the rule and adobt what i wrote above. Leave the guess work out.
    If Midwestern had a kicker and holder this wouldn't be a issue, stop trying to take things away from teams every season.

Comment

Here's the playoff bracket.

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/football/d2/2018

Comment

Last year it was Pueblo that was going to get killed, this year it's Azusa. Maybe they do, or maybe they don't. Midwestern had every chance to make the playoffs, they didn't do what they needed to during the season. End of story. Unfortunate as they are very talented, just the way sports (and life) goes sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by gruesome View Post
          Maybe that was the committee's logic exactly: Tarleton already beat Midwestern, so why should they even play again? Still surprised they didn't get the nod for the 7-seed, but I don't know what all goes on behind the doors of the selection committee's room.
          So why are Mines and Pueblo matched up in the first round? I thought Mines had already beat Pueblo?

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
            So why are Mines and Pueblo matched up in the first round? I thought Mines had already beat Pueblo?
            Because someone is just making things up.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
              If Midwestern had a kicker and holder this wouldn't be a issue, stop trying to take things away from teams every season.
              Turbo im not, but When looking at the 2 teams schedules which team would you say is better? The team that played Simon fraser and Humbolt twice each, Or Midwestern?

My suggestion allows the committee to do what they want which is include all conferences.
              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Comment

Not having a full D2 schedule hurts in the current system. Like it or not it isn't an unknown thing for teams.
                  AZUSA didnt play a full d2 schedule either.

Comment

AZUSA didnt play a full d2 schedule either.
                    And no one is arguing that they should be the #1 seed sooo

Comment

Turbo im not, but When looking at the 2 teams schedules which team would you say is better? The team that played Simon fraser and Humbolt twice each, Or Midwestern?

My suggestion allows the committee to do what they want which is include all conferences.
                      You are as last year Pueblo didn't deserve it, and this year Azusa doesn't. At the end of the day that's what you're saying. Midwestern had their chance, make a simple FG and you're in.

Comment

You are as last year Pueblo didn't deserve it, and this year Azusa doesn't. At the end of the day that's what you're saying. Midwestern had their chance, make a simple FG and you're in.

Comment

They both have the SAME record with common opponents. Its not a coin flip, MSU by the NCAA criteria should be in over AZUSA its not even close.

All im saying is if the committee wants all conferences represented, the say so that is all.

Comment

They both have the SAME record with common opponents. Its not a coin flip, MSU by the NCAA criteria should be in over AZUSA its not even close.

All im saying is if the committee wants all conferences represented, the say so that is all.
                            What's the best win Midwestern has?

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
                              I'm just grasping at straws, honestly.

Fair point, but I think when it comes down to the #7 seed versus who plays who I'm guessing the committee will use any head-to-head results to eliminate or include a team. Maybe the loss to Tarleton (and how they lost) was a deciding factor. TSU was a pretty solid #2 and the committee knew they had a chance to rematch against a conference foe. Perhaps the Texans' win on the road against MSU was enough for them to say, "Ok, we've already seen this."

But I get what you're saying.. To my earlier point, I don't know what goes on behind those doors or in the minds of the committee. Maybe Azusa could pay the NCAA more cash than MSU could... Who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                                You guys should have a bye. Period.
                                Not playing 11 games ultimately cost them a bye.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X