Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoffs

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    And We'd prefer Stephenville to Duluth freakin Canada, but it is what it is. See you in 2 weeks.
    Good luck. Ironically you'll be the second Lion team I'll be rooting for.

Comment

Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post
      I believe the Committee believed that Azusa was the better team based on the WT Game.
      No.

The committee has shown time and sgain that barring a complete meltdown they WILL NOT exclude a conference. That is why MSU got left out, even if they had played 11 d2 games they probably still get left out, them or Commerce.
      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
        No.

The committee has shown time and sgain that barring a complete meltdown they WILL NOT exclude a conference. That is why MSU got left out, even if they had played 11 d2 games they probably still get left out, them or Commerce.
        Good news is, the GNAC may cease to exist next year.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
          Yea and thats brutal.

I am not anti any conference. I just hate that there are the "rules" then there are the "unwritten rules" that seem to hold more sway over seeding and placement.

Instead of having earned access just say the highest ranked team from each conference gets in, period.

Comment

In football only, they still have a viable conference in the other sports correct?

Comment

In football only, they still have a viable conference in the other sports correct?
              Yes that's correct.

Comment

In case anyone thinks this is just a troll about the quality of the GNAC instead of a critique of the application of the Playoff criteria think about this.

What if AZUSA and the other 4 teams were in the RMAC, NSIC, OR LSC and finished with the same record, sos etc. Would they get in? No they would not.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                  And We'd prefer Stephenville to Duluth freakin Canada, but it is what it is. See you in 2 weeks.
                  Just looked up the weather in beautiful Mantato Minnesota for Saturday. Sunny with a high of 23 degrees and wind out of the north at 15 mph. Rain/snow possible on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
                    Just looked up the weather in beautiful Mantato Minnesota for Saturday. Sunny with a high of 23 degrees and wind out of the north at 15 mph. Rain/snow possible on Friday.
                    Last year we played them up there on Dec 2 and it was like 45 degrees.

Comment

Going to be in the low 20's in Duluth on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by spidermac View Post
                        Going to be in the low 20's in Duluth on Saturday.
                        The next few days here in Commerce it wont get to 40 degrees. North wind chill right now has it feeling like 30. I can see the field from my office and havent seen anyone out there yet today. I suspect they will be out under the lights later this evening after the temp drops another 5 or 6 degrees. This is probably a good thing as the shock factor of that cold will be gone at least.

Comment

This year's Commerce team shouldn't have to worry about the weather since they don't throw as much. I dont think it will be a factor

Comment

How is that good news?

The GNAC will exist, football may not be a sponsored sport any longer. I am not sure how that is good news.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                              How is that good news?

The GNAC will exist, football may not be a sponsored sport any longer. I am not sure how that is good news.
                              playoff seedings....No conference to upset.

Comment

playoff seedings....No conference to upset.
                                So the demise of a football conference that would benefit other conferences is "good news"?

CWU has had football since 1901. That is prior to WTAMU, ENMU, TAMUK and other LSC schools were even founded.

Good news to you, crappy outcome for DII football.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X