X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoffs

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
    What's the best win Midwestern has?
    Good point. MSU's best wins aside from West Florida (which was out-of-region) was against two 6-5 teams: Angelo and WT, next you get a 5-6 ENMU squad.

Azusa on the other hand beat eventual 8-3 CWU and 6-5 WT.. Not sure if any of that merits much of a playoff spot, but it seems that the committee had their minds made up before Saturday: winner of CWU-APU gets the #7 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
      Not playing 11 games ultimately cost them a bye.
      Even if the 11th had been played and won, it would have been "inconsequential" since it would have been against an FCS team.

I say that somewhat tongue-in-cheek since the selection committee allegedly only considers DII teams.

Comment

I'll certainly take it. I would've preferred Midwestern though.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
          I'll certainly take it. I would've preferred Midwestern though.
          Look, I like rivalry games a much as the next person, but MSU would have come in salty from their loss in WF. They would have brought fans and it would have been a dogfight. I'll take this APU match up
          Tarleton State Texan
          Texas State Bobcat

Comment

Originally posted by gruesome View Post
            Even if the 11th had been played and won, it would have been "inconsequential" since it would have been against an FCS team.

I say that somewhat tongue-in-cheek since the selection committee allegedly only considers DII teams.
            I think it was more of a statement of they only scheduled 10 D2 games and so that hurt them. Not that they only played 10 due to the game with SFA being cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisattsu View Post
              Look, I like rivalry games a much as the next person, but MSU would have come in salty from their loss in WF. They would have brought fans and it would have been a dogfight. I'll take this APU match up

Comment

Originally posted by chrisattsu View Post
                How much of that came down to it being homecoming? I'll take an entertaining game over a blowout any day.

Comment

For me, the playoffs should be the seven best teams in Super Region 4 and we are not getting this. MSU-Texas is better than Azuza Pacific and I think everybody knows this.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
                    For me, the playoffs should be the seven best teams in Super Region 4 and we are not getting this. Team X is better than Team Y and I think everybody knows this.
                    Every. Single. Year.

Comment

For me, the playoffs should be the seven best teams in Super Region 4 and we are not getting this. MSU-Texas is better than Azuza Pacific and I think everybody knows this.
                      Couldn't agree more.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                          They both have the SAME record with common opponents. Its not a coin flip, MSU by the NCAA criteria should be in over AZUSA its not even close.

All im saying is if the committee wants all conferences represented, the say so that is all.
                          I believe in a earlier post I mentioned it would be hard to leave out a conference champion.

I get your point though.

Comment

Originally posted by TSUTexan61 View Post
                            I believe in a earlier post I mentioned it would be hard to leave out a conference champion.

I get your point though.
                            If it wasn't a conference championship in a conference of 5, with Humboldt and Simon Fraser I could see the point.

Comment

Agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by gruesome View Post
                                Good point. MSU's best wins aside from West Florida (which was out-of-region) was against two 6-5 teams: Angelo and WT, next you get a 5-6 ENMU squad.

Azusa on the other hand beat eventual 8-3 CWU and 6-5 WT.. Not sure if any of that merits much of a playoff spot, but it seems that the committee had their minds made up before Saturday: winner of CWU-APU gets the #7 seed.
                                A couple times in the past years HSU was cracked in the final weekend selection effort. Last year they lost two games to the number one seed. Going into the last weekend, they had the best SOS in the region. Recently a one lost loss HSU team did not make it as well.

I researched it and found the only other CA team in the GNAC---APU--- had a member on the selection committee. Reminded me of the Clintons. Check if he was on the committee this year? Just saying.

APU was at best, a above average team who played 6 games in the GNAC with teams under .500. Yet I am happy a GNAC team did get in.

The math or other fraud is not difficult to connect the dots.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X