Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tarleton to WAC

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    Its no secret....3 schools are looking to add football in LSC from what I am told. With a 4th considering moving up to DII. Wasn't told which schools yet.

    BUT, it is very early in the process. Never know what is going to happen.

    I heard St Mary's had a big donor step up, much like UIW did. The info came at a luncheon at UD from an individual with the Dallas Diocese.
    Also I take it these are probably private schools?

    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

      Also I take it these are probably private schools?
      Dont know. Of course St Mary's is and I think the D3 is....but thats a guess.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

        Dont know. Of course St Mary's is and I think the D3 is....but thats a guess.
        Now that UT Tyler has moved up, only two of the D2 schools in Texas are public: Sul Ross State, which has football, and UT Dallas, which doesn't.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

          Now that UT Tyler has moved up, only two of the D2 schools in Texas are public: Sul Ross State, which has football, and UT Dallas, which doesn't.
          https://utdmercury.com/utd-considers-dii-move/
          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

            Also I take it these are probably private schools?
            Interesting. Private schools are at a huge recruiting disadvantage in D2 where all but a handful of players receive partial scholarships. With tuition at private schools running double or triple that of public universities, players at private schools have to come up with a lot more money to cover the gap between what their scholarship pays and the cost of attendance.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by catatonic View Post

              Interesting. Private schools are at a huge recruiting disadvantage in D2 where all but a handful of players receive partial scholarships. With tuition at private schools running double or triple that of public universities, players at private schools have to come up with a lot more money to cover the gap between what their scholarship pays and the cost of attendance.
              Excellent point that underscores why D2 isn’t a particularly good fit for private schools.

              That being said, Mary Hardin Baylor, Trinity, Hardin Simmons, and other private schools easily recruit good athletes due to the perceived value of a degree from said school. They aren’t pitching affordability. Some of those schools simply destroy people every weekend. If i was a LSC program there are a few D3 teams i definitely would not want on my schedule.

              If I am a tennis player with a half scholarship to XYZ state University in the LSC versus an offer to be admitted to, and get a degree from say Trinity, I’m going with the private all the way.
              Last edited by Herb Street; 10-23-2019, 07:58 AM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

                Excellent point that underscores why D2 isn’t a particularly good fit for private schools.

                That being said, Mary Hardin Baylor, Trinity, Hardin Simmons, and other private schools easily recruit good athletes due to the perceived value of a degree from said school. They aren’t pitching affordability. Some of those schools simply destroy people every weekend. If i was a LSC program there are a few D3 teams i definitely would not want on my schedule.

                If I am a tennis player with a half scholarship to XYZ state University in the LSC versus an offer to be admitted to, and get a degree from say Trinity, I’m going with the private all the way.
                The article I shared had comments about how st mary would like to be d1 but they have to go through d2 first.
                I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

                  The article I shared had comments about how st mary would like to be d1 but they have to go through d2 first.

                  you mean UT Dallas?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Herb Street View Post


                    you mean UT Dallas?
                    yes sorry!
                    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

                      Excellent point that underscores why D2 isn’t a particularly good fit for private schools.

                      That being said, Mary Hardin Baylor, Trinity, Hardin Simmons, and other private schools easily recruit good athletes due to the perceived value of a degree from said school. They aren’t pitching affordability. Some of those schools simply destroy people every weekend. If i was a LSC program there are a few D3 teams i definitely would not want on my schedule.

                      If I am a tennis player with a half scholarship to XYZ state University in the LSC versus an offer to be admitted to, and get a degree from say Trinity, I’m going with the private all the way.
                      +1

                      Comment

                      Ad3

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X