Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    But I ain't never been to Nacogdoches.....

Maybe should go there. Supposedly the oldest town in Texas and named after an American Indian. Name rhymes with Sack o Roaches with the g being silent. He had a brother who also has a town named after him in Louisiana called Natchitoches. Pronounced Nack o tish. Northwestern State in the Southland is in Natchitoches. There is your history lesson for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
      Sarah.
      Best recruiter in Texas !

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
        Sarah.
        Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post
        Best recruiter in Texas !
        Colby says this at almost every public event. This is the least controversial Carthel comment ever posted.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
          And he's had no success outside of Tarleton
          Correct. He was 25-28 at Sam....hence why he was booted. I doubt SFA has ANY interest in him.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

100%

I truly believe if Colby gets a shot at SFA, especially if Don goes as well, he will DOMINATE the Southland and get them on a national stage.....this will fast track Colby to a FBS gig.

I dont see a better career route. I even think it would be better long term than a Texas State gig.
                  Last edited by ASUPops; 11-21-2018, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                    100%

I truly believe if Colby gets a shot at SFA, especially if Don goes as well, he will DOMINATE the Southland and get them on a national stage.....this will fast track Colby to a FBS gig.

I dont see a better career route. I even think it would be better long term than a Texas State gig.
                    Although it has been done many times, success moving up and down between 1 and 2 is actually unusual. Division 1 and 2 are two distinctly different animals.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                      100%

Comment

What makes you say that about patterson?
                        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                          What makes you say that about patterson?
                          Have you seen him on the sidelines? I'm afraid he's going to have a health issue one day when he pops a gasket. The guy can sweat up a storm in 30 degree temps too.

He's defied the law of averages as far as tenure at one place in today's coaching marketplace. So that's why I think in the next five years, TCU will be due for a change. This season might be a precursor of things to come. I don't think it will be next year or maybe the year after that. But with a resurgent Texas program and Jimbo supposedly working his recruiting magic at Aggy, TCU is not as sexy as it was even last year at this time.

Comment

0.0% chance TCU hired an FCS head coach to replace Patterson. Craig Bohl won 3 Nattys at NDSU and the best FBS job he got offered was Wyoming.

Comment

Originally posted by LSCfan1 View Post
                              0.0% chance TCU hired an FCS head coach to replace Patterson. Craig Bohl won 3 Nattys at NDSU and the best FBS job he got offered was Wyoming.
                              +1. And near zero percent chance a D2 coach goes to a FCS head coach gig. Does it happen? Yes, but it's remote. FCS is its own club, as is FBS. Different animals. How much success is Dorrel having at ACU? He won over 90% at the D2 level. He's only won 10 out of 22 at the FCS level, with most of those wins against garbage teams. The Angelo State win was ironically among his best.

The Carthel way is to get some D1 skill players and out-athlete the typical D2 opposition. That model doesn't work at SFA. They already have D1 players and so do the opponents.
                              Last edited by Herb Street; 11-22-2018, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                                Have you seen him on the sidelines? I'm afraid he's going to have a health issue one day when he pops a gasket. The guy can sweat up a storm in 30 degree temps too.

He's defied the law of averages as far as tenure at one place in today's coaching marketplace. So that's why I think in the next five years, TCU will be due for a change. This season might be a precursor of things to come. I don't think it will be next year or maybe the year after that. But with a resurgent Texas program and Jimbo supposedly working his recruiting magic at Aggy, TCU is not as sexy as it was even last year at this time.
                                Patterson will be there till he wants to retire. He is the winningest coach in TCU history, hasnt had 2 losing seasons in a row ever.

He has always been that intense.
                                TCU will always be a 4th fiddle but Pattersons success is in coaching kids up not recruiting dominant talent like Jimbo and the texas coach.
                                I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X