• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Former Rice Coach David Bailiff hired at Texas A&M-Commerce

Comment

Former Rice Coach David Bailiff hired at Texas A&M-Commerce

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
      Personally, I am very surprised by the hire, but cautiously optimistic. Flashing FBS credentials will get you nowhere in Commerce after some of the program history, but Bailiff has had more success coming in than Coach Morris. Morris has one season above .500 in his entire head coaching career; Coach Carthel tied him in year 1. And short of announcing Colby is back this hire was bound to come with trepidation or at minimum skepticism.
      Bowl games today are nothing but a participation ribbon type of thing. If you can't get into one, you really, really suck.

Really Commerce should of done a little more of a search. I recall when he was at Texas State and watching one the playoff games they were involved in and he really did a bad job in that game. I might be fuzzy on the details, but Texas State got the ball with 90 or so seconds on the clock around their own 40 and instead of trying to score and win the game in regulation, he chose to burn the clock and take the game to OT. And guess what? They lost! And everything that season was lining up for Texas State to make it to the title game. They had a transfer QB from one of the big boy schools who was fun to watch and they were just darn good for a change in San Marcos. It was right around the time they did the name change, so that also helped with promoting their new brand.
      Last edited by LSC Fan; 12-08-2018, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
        You are right.... .416 tells the WHOLE story at Rice.

You are wrong....he is 8th in win % at Rice.

Carthel has the IT factor.....this guy does not.

Like I said...GOD bless.

Comment

Keep polishing the nob- it could use still a bit of shine.

Comment

Comment

I wish I shared your optimism buddy, I really do. What will be most telling is when we see who/how many players bail this semester and what we have left. If we lose many key pieces this might be doomed before it gets afloat. I just dont see players being excited to play for this guy.

Comment

He was whining about age is several posts. Just thought I'd point out several older coaches that are successful. I truly couldn't care less who the coach in Commerce is.
                Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                  I truly couldn't care less who the coach in Commerce is.
                  Thank you for correctly using this cliche. You're like one out of one hundred.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                    Thank you for correctly using this cliche. You're like one out of one hundred.
                    Lol. Thanks.
                    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Don't YOU forget your words 5 years from now when his recruits make up the entire team.

Oh wait.....LionFan will be the lone TAMUC poster then, nevermind.

(Just poking fun).

I hope he brings everything to TAMUC that they expect.

Starting to feel like the LSC is becoming a recycling plant.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                        Don't YOU forget your words 5 years from now when his recruits make up the entire team.

Oh wait.....LionFan will be the lone TAMUC poster then, nevermind.

(Just poking fun).

I hope he brings everything to TAMUC that they expect.

Starting to feel like the LSC is becoming a recycling plant.
                        Last Shot at Coaching

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                          Last Shot at Coaching

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                              Last Shot at Coaching
                              Well, the Angelo State hire was puzzling and in my estimation will be a continuation of the status quo for reasons I discussed on another thread.

Now, a retread at TAMUC that says a lot about what the AD thinks about the program. One, he thinks the recruits will continue to go there regardless of HC. Two, he is ok with just being competitive within the conference.

Conference is wide open with the exception of MW. Not sure what to expect out of Tarleton or WT next year. Definitely a step back for TAMUC.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                                Well, the Angelo State hire was puzzling and in my estimation will be a continuation of the status quo for reasons I discussed on another thread.

Now, a retread at TAMUC that says a lot about what the AD thinks about the program. One, he thinks the recruits will continue to go there regardless of HC. Two, he is ok with just being competitive within the conference.

Conference is wide open with the exception of MW. Not sure what to expect out of Tarleton or WT next year. Definitely a step back for TAMUC.
                                Techster said it, so shall it be. Lol

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X