Clear All

Re: Former Rice Coach David Bailiff hired at Texas A&M-Commerce

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
    Lotto
    I could always use a few million

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
      Bailiff could be the D2 version of Saban or he could crash and burn the program. Just going to have to wait and see.

For the alleged prophets, can I get some lotto numbers?
      5, 28, 62, 65, 70 and the mega ball 5.

I "feel" like this could be a billion dollar winner.

Comment

Reread all these wonderful responses. First thing that stuck out was.....you don't know anything about Nostredame. Thanks for the chuckles though.

Next...back in '09 & '10 I used to think no people in decision making positions or influential pisition read D2 messageboad. Since then I know better. Coaches, AD's, Presidents, donors, and even the NCAA read these boards. Not every coach, AD, prez, etc.... but many do.

I am in a very blessed position to have many friends, and associates. Some answer questions....some offer info.....some give opinions.....some are very reliable...some not so much. Some make it clear to keep my mouth shut. Some want me to leak info.

Mostly this info is pretty accurate.....sometimes it is not. When it is accurate I read posts about "how right pops" is. Or how "pops is in the know". When it is wrong or changes, I am harassed about it. I am full of sh!t, "nostradamus", etc (hahahaha). I get it. No worries.

Now regarding Colby and SFA.....I PERSONALLY THOUGHT SFA was a great opportunity for Colby & his family. I also thought Colby was a great choice for SFA. Especially after what I witnessed in Commerce. Simply an amazing job. Regardless of how, what, when, why. So....I posted my opinion.

But, I do have a high profile SFA figure as a close contact. I spoke to him and was told he and some other alumni donors WERE against a Colby hire. And he is one of those "influential" guys. He advised me that Colby was not going to be offered the job....rather a FBS guy was. I then posted I didnt think SFA would offer Colby.

THEN, after a meeting with the powers that be.....my contact warmed up to Colby. He then told me that SFA's AD wanted Colby as THE coach from the get go. I again posted that info.

Then I was advised of TAMUC's HC choice, but all I posted was an announcement was coming soon....because thats exactly what was asked of me.

So......like I said, there are sometimes MANY moving pieces. It can be "A" today and "Z" tomorrow. But moving forward, I will continue to share "info" obtained, when I can. I will "hint" at other info, when I can. And I will keep info 100% confidential when asked to do so. But be advised, I RARELY HAVE DIRECT KNOWLEDGE OF MAJOR ISSUES AT ANY INSTITUTE. Whatever info I get is shared with me. Either by parties directly involved, or by those close to the situation.

So, take it for what its worth....if this bothers you, simply block me or whatever....lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
          Reread all these wonderful responses. First thing that stuck out was.....you don't know anything about Nostredame. Thanks for the chuckles though.

Next...back in '09 & '10 I used to think no people in decision making positions or influential pisition read D2 messageboad. Since then I know better. Coaches, AD's, Presidents, donors, and even the NCAA read these boards. Not every coach, AD, prez, etc.... but many do.

I am in a very blessed position to have many friends, and associates. Some answer questions....some offer info.....some give opinions.....some are very reliable...some not so much. Some make it clear to keep my mouth shut. Some want me to leak info.

Mostly this info is pretty accurate.....sometimes it is not. When it is accurate I read posts about "how right pops" is. Or how "pops is in the know". When it is wrong or changes, I am harassed about it. I am full of sh!t, "nostradamus", etc (hahahaha). I get it. No worries.

Now regarding Colby and SFA.....I PERSONALLY THOUGHT SFA was a great opportunity for Colby & his family. I also thought Colby was a great choice for SFA. Especially after what I witnessed in Commerce. Simply an amazing job. Regardless of how, what, when, why. So....I posted my opinion.

But, I do have a high profile SFA figure as a close contact. I spoke to him and was told he and some other alumni donors WERE against a Colby hire. And he is one of those "influential" guys. He advised me that Colby was not going to be offered the job....rather a FBS guy was. I then posted I didnt think SFA would offer Colby.

THEN, after a meeting with the powers that be.....my contact warmed up to Colby. He then told me that SFA's AD wanted Colby as THE coach from the get go. I again posted that info.

Then I was advised of TAMUC's HC choice, but all I posted was an announcement was coming soon....because thats exactly what was asked of me.

So......like I said, there are sometimes MANY moving pieces. It can be "A" today and "Z" tomorrow. But moving forward, I will continue to share "info" obtained, when I can. I will "hint" at other info, when I can. And I will keep info 100% confidential when asked to do so. But be advised, I RARELY HAVE DIRECT KNOWLEDGE OF MAJOR ISSUES AT ANY INSTITUTE. Whatever info I get is shared with me. Either by parties directly involved, or by those close to the situation.

So, take it for what its worth....if this bothers you, simply block me or whatever....lol.
          tl;dr

Comment

Don't misunderstand our reaction. We are mocking you rather than voicing any frustration. The flip-flopping on Carthel was mainly ignored, and the mocking started with your post about the inner turmoil that you and Colby were privy too yet those on campus and with the program daily are not.

Comment

Originally posted by ETSU_LION View Post
              Don't misunderstand our reaction. We are mocking you rather than voicing any frustration. The flip-flopping on Carthel was mainly ignored, and the mocking started with your post about the inner turmoil that you and Colby were privy too yet those on campus and with the program daily are not.
              That smells like the breath of a drunk bitter girl who won her local beauty padgent and whose friends told her her man was hitting up her younger, prettier sister but didnt believe them, and now is mad cause he left her.

Now shes drinking heavily and will probably take some older washed up frat guy home(baliff), date him for a couple weeks before realizing that hes not going anywhere in life, but in her drunken stooper she didn't insist on a condom so now shes stuck marrying the has been that never was, or has to look forward to being weighed down by the constant fights over child support and visitation.

In 5-10 years she will recover but everyone will look back and say, "She used to be so pretty," while she wonders what her life could have been if only she hadnt started seeing that frat guy.
              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by ETSU_LION View Post
                WTH are you talking about???

Are you talking about me saying Colby left at the right time????

Well.....it is NO SECRET that a player or two from 2017 are being scrutinized as being possibly ineligible. There is some talk going on around the LSC that this may or may not come to light. I have NO IDEA of the validity.

The talk was that Colby brought up the issue about Tarleton cheating by using ipads, etc. And he had pics of the "cheating". Also that he reached out to other HCs about this. Evidently other LSC and non-LSC coaches were aware also AND told those close to the programs about it.

Evidently, the response from Whitten was "be careful, we have information proving ineligible players from 2017 that would void your NC".

I didn't get into details because I do not know how reliable this information is. I heard it from multiple people, including several D2 posters.

However, the RUMOR is this is going to heat up......TRUE or NOT. Therefore, if so, it was a good time to exit.

If those who passed this info onto me want to sit back and remain silent on the messageboard and let me take the heat. No worries. I have big shoulders.

If you are talking about players wanting to or trying to leave. Ask the players who tweeted about it, not me!

Next, I did indirectly talk about other coaches leaving the program as well. Buy ANYONE 1/2 way close to the program should have ALREADY known that.

You act like I have a beef with TAMUC...hahaha. FURTHEST thing from the truth.

I did have an issue with the Carthels because of what happened at WT.

But my opinions of the Carthels changed in the past few years. Not saying I condone their previous actions, but Colby and Don are genuinely nice guys and good family men. And did some great things for a few players & coaches I know at TAMUC.
                Last edited by ASUPops; 12-11-2018, 03:04 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Bailiff could be the D2 version of Saban or he could crash and burn the program. Just going to have to wait and see.

For the alleged prophets, can I get some lotto numbers?
                  Comparing Bailiff to Saban is like comparing a pack mule to Thoroughbred in a run for the Roses. Please at least get in the same galaxy for comparisons.

Comment

Bailiff could be the D2 version of Saban
                    My bet is that he's Saban. Roll lions.

Comment

• Re: Former Rice Coach David Bailiff hired at Texas A&M-Commerce

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                      That smells like the breath of a drunk bitter girl who won her local beauty padgent and whose friends told her her man was hitting up her younger, prettier sister but didnt believe them, and now is mad cause he left her.

Now shes drinking heavily and will probably take some older washed up frat guy home(baliff), date him for a couple weeks before realizing that hes not going anywhere in life, but in her drunken stooper she didn't insist on a condom so now shes stuck marrying the has been that never was, or has to look forward to being weighed down by the constant fights over child support and visitation.

In 5-10 years she will recover but everyone will look back and say, "She used to be so pretty," while she wonders what her life could have been if only she hadnt started seeing that frat guy.
                      OMG BooHaha, I really almost p!ssed my pants reading this post!!!!

This has to be one of the absolute funniest posts I have read on D2.

OH MY D@MN...........

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                        Comparing Bailiff to Saban is like comparing a pack mule to Thoroughbred in a run for the Roses. Please at least get in the same galaxy for comparisons.
                        HAHAHAHA.....

My guy, where do you come up with all these metaphors? They are hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                          My point was that Bailiff could keep Commerce as LSC champs with NCs thrown in outside of a few off years.

Comment

My point was that Bailiff could keep Commerce as LSC champs with NCs thrown in outside of a few off years.
                            If he can recruit like Carthel (or better), and everyone buys in, then I would expect to see TAMUC being in the top tier for many years to come. And being the LSC dynasty team.

Comment

If he can recruit like Carthel (or better), and everyone buys in, then I would expect to see TAMUC being in the top tier for many years to come. And being the LSC dynasty team.
                              If. He'd be wise to keep as many coaches as possible.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X