Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Former Rice Coach David Bailiff hired at Texas A&M-Commerce

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    Yes. But I was referring to a phone call made. He reached out to some GA's and I heard also to some players. It was 100% inline and in the same context as you speak. Just not worded exactly the same.

I thought it was great.
    Yes, the culture here has been turned into a very positive thing, and its smart of him to recognize and want to continue it. I just got back from the Press Conference/Official Introduction and he strikes me as a genuinely good guy that will do right by the athletes.

Comment

Just to be clear.....I DO as some call it "flip-flop". But it is Improvise, Adapt and Overcome. This is a hard trait to learn, but necessary in a culture of diversity and an ever changing business world & society.

So my opinions may change tomorow as more vetting is done and intel received.

If you want to call it "flip-flopping"...I am ok with that. HAHAHA.

Listen to Colby's statements just two weeks ago about the 2019 Lion football season. I guess he too is a "flip-flopper"? Hell, the next public statement he made was about 'Jacks "Axe' em". Lol.

Sorry....I am NOT gonna be bolted down to some old school, BS, CLOSE MINDED, back-a$$ward "standard" of thinking. "If you say the sky is grey, you d@mn sure better stick with that no matter what, or Billy Bob and the boys will call ya a flip-flopper".

F$#K THAT. I make my own d@mn paths.....I don't follow worn out ones.
      Last edited by ASUPops; 12-12-2018, 10:29 PM.

Comment

With that said. I am not thrilled with the TAMUC hire. I am a Lombardi guy....and if you haven't proved you can win, and your history is losing....I am NOT gonna be excited.

You know the saying.....

"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while... you don't do things right once in a while... you do them right all the time. Winning is habit." - Vince Lombardi

Winning IS a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

Comment

Looks like Colby just took the Minnesota Duluth secondary coach to SFA in same position.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
            Yes, the culture here has been turned into a very positive thing, and its smart of him to recognize and want to continue it. I just got back from the Press Conference/Official Introduction and he strikes me as a genuinely good guy that will do right by the athletes.
            I was impressed with the fact that he didn't wait until after Christmas to get "working". Not letting grass grow under his feet.

I remember another HC being hired around this time of year and he wasn't seen until after the Holidays.

Comment

I was impressed with the fact that he didn't wait until after Christmas to get "working". Not letting grass grow under his feet.

I remember another HC being hired around this time of year and he wasn't seen until after the Holidays.
              Hopefully he makes a big splash with his OC/DC hires. I imagine this would be a desirable place for someone looking to take the next step. 2 years in a row we have had DC's move up to FCS jobs and we still are stacked with good young athletes on both sides.

Comment

Hopefully he makes a big splash with his OC/DC hires. I imagine this would be a desirable place for someone looking to take the next step. 2 years in a row we have had DC's move up to FCS jobs and we still are stacked with good young athletes on both sides.
                Things have been so tight lipped, I haven't even gotten a hint of who the coordinators may be.

Someone I know mentioned Will Wagner would be a great hire for DC....I thought as crazy as that may sound, it would be brilliant....IF Wag would consider it & IF he was offered.

But, I understand the OC & DC were hired and it would be announced as soon as TAMUC's HR clears them.

Comment

Things have been so tight lipped, I haven't even gotten a hint of who the coordinators may be.

Someone I know mentioned Will Wagner would be a great hire for DC....I thought as crazy as that may sound, it would be brilliant....IF Wag would consider it & IF he was offered.

But, I understand the OC & DC were hired and it would be announced as soon as TAMUC's HR clears them.

Comment

Gerry Faust was a fairly successful HS coach at Moeller HS in Cincinnati, I believe. However, after about 3 years in South Bend, the word was 'Oust Faust'. Also the Fighting Irish lost to Air Force 4 years in a row during his tenure!

Comment

Tight lipped for sure. When Bailiff came up to interview they put him up in a hotel in Rockwall under a fake name. lol.

Comment

Tight lipped for sure. When Bailiff came up to interview they put him up in a hotel in Rockwall under a fake name. lol.
                        I'm pretty sure I know which one it was too, they do quite a bit there. I'm going to have to start stalking that place out next time there's a coach search ;)

Comment

https://www.texasfootball.com/articl...le_preview_img

Dave Campbell interview with Bailiff...says we are about to build a $3 million locker room. Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Dave Campbell interview with Bailiff...says we are about to build a $3 million locker room. Very nice!
                            Great! Soooooo needed.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Thats alot of money for a locker room.
                              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                                Thats alot of money for a locker room.
                                When you sign 135 freshman every year, you need a lot of space! *sarcasm*

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X