• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Former Rice Coach David Bailiff hired at Texas A&M-Commerce

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    *Two Thumbs Up*

HAHAHAHA

Rock on Elvis!!
    Meh, Im not generally impressed by people uninvolved in the day to day functions here that claim some mystical knowledge of things that "cant be revealed" which I can look forward to having revealed to me at some indeterminate future date. I guess we should all be scurred.
    Last edited by JakeTAMUC; 12-10-2018, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
      Since Ive been here since 1999 and know everyone and sit on committees, including some hiring and planning and accreditation, I shall indeed take your advice.
      Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
      Meh, Im not generally impressed by people uninvolved in the day to day functions here that claim some mystical knowledge of things that I can look forward to having revealed to me at some indeterminate future date. I guess we should all be scurred.
      THIS from the guy who said TAMUC had it in the works to keep Colby with a "counter offer". When I TRIED to tell you he was going to SFA. But, CLEARLY you are the MAN.

LMAO. You kill me "Elvis".

Merry Christmas to you & yours. GOD bless.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
        I'm cautiously optimistic about the hire. I think if we had never hired Guy Morriss, people would be a lot more excited about Bailiff. It's easy to just stick the "not young/former D1 coach" label on him and assume he's going to be Morriss II. I dont think that at all for a lot of different reasons, but I can understand the hesitation to get excited because of it.

I'm going to take a shocking stance here, on a message board, and take a "give him a chance/wait and see how it plays out" view. I don't know everything, and I don't have a crystal ball. Crazy, I know. But I think if you look around online about what other coaches/football people are saying, this is a home run hire. He's also keeping a couple of guys around from the Carthel staff so some stability will help initially/recruiting. One of my closest friends was around him on a day to day basis for years at Rice, and he thinks Bailiff is great. Texas high school coaches across the state love the guy and have been very outspoken about the hire.

We will see.
        For your sake.....and the sake of a few players I know.... I PRAY you are right.

Comment

I think Colby is right where he belongs.....and will be there a long time.

Interesting....both Colby & Todd applied for ASU HC position during last search.
          THIS from the guy who said TAMUC had it in the works to keep Colby with a "counter offer". When I TRIED to tell you he was going to SFA. But, CLEARLY you are the MAN.

Yet then there is this other quote from you only a few weeks earlier dear Nostradamus.

Comment

Comment

READ THE FULL THREAD Elvis.

Nice try though!!

Next!

Comment

READ THE FULL THREAD Elvis.

Nice try though!!

Next!

Comment

You MYSTERIOUSLY MISSED this

"Um....not sure what "fans" are saying, but Colby was the choice from the get go. Traylor "pulled out" to save face.

The only concern was about previous issues surrounding Carthel from ONE big $ donor....which was resolved (obviously).

How do I know??? That donor is in my investment group."

I am done fighting you "Jake". Whatever you say is CORRECT guy.

Your Lions are STILL THE CHAMPS....they were going to repeat....and everything else you said this year is 100%....you weren't wrong about a single thing ALL YEAR. Your humility is also very infectious. HAHA.

You dont have to respond....but feel welcome to get the last word if you wish. I am sure you will. Hahaha.

Really, guy, have a happy, safe, and Merry Christmas.

Comment

You MYSTERIOUSLY MISSED this

"Um....not sure what "fans" are saying, but Colby was the choice from the get go. Traylor "pulled out" to save face.

The only concern was about previous issues surrounding Carthel from ONE big $ donor....which was resolved (obviously).

How do I know??? That donor is in my investment group."

I am done fighting you "Jake". Whatever you say is CORRECT guy.

Your Lions are STILL THE CHAMPS....they were going to repeat....and everything else you said this year is 100%....you weren't wrong about a single thing ALL YEAR. Your humility is also very infectious. HAHA.

You dont have to respond....but feel welcome to get the last word if you wish. I am sure you will. Hahaha.

Really, guy, have a happy, safe, and Merry Christmas.
                    haha, you said that AFTER the hire. You said you "had a feeling he wouldnt get offered" Before the hire. Good grief. Merry Christmas and God Bless to you too, but you are trying to blow sunshine at the wrong dude. Im glad you know everything. I am still on pins and needles at what will "be revealed" lol. Not mad at ya, just calling BS on you. And I didnt say they would repeat, i said I would be happy and expected a regional final. we fell 6 points short on a fumble on a drive to get there against Tarleton. close enough. It was a good year in Commerce.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                      Only coaches that this would make sense to apply it to would be Justin Carrigan UTPB or Daren Wilkinson TAMUK. No one else really makes sense...

Comment

Bailiff could be the D2 version of Saban or he could crash and burn the program. Just going to have to wait and see.

For the alleged prophets, can I get some lotto numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
                          Bailiff could be the D2 version of Saban or he could crash and burn the program. Just going to have to wait and see.

For the alleged prophets, can I get some lotto numbers?
                          Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ETSU_LION View Post
                            Yet then there is this other quote from you only a few weeks earlier dear Nostradamus.
                            If you're going to say it, at least say it correctly. HOGSVRR had already coined the term "Nostrapopus" several years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                              Lol
                              Lol to which one?

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
                                Lol to which one?
                                Lotto

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X