Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Former Rice Coach David Bailiff hired at Texas A&M-Commerce

Originally posted by texcap View Post
    I agree. I think this is the source of much of the reluctance. However, usually DII hires are young up and comers, not former DI's, unless the DI is trying to rehabilitate themselves after some scandal at the DI level. Thais not the case with Bailiff, so I'm like you in that the jury, so to speak is till out on this one. It doesn't fit the typical mold, but that is not always bad.
    The reason its a problem is D2 only has 36 schollies to give, d1 you cant split them, but at the d2 level a coach needs to know how to work giving partials with other financing options to get the most bang for the buck.

Bailiff is a great person but i fear he will not be able to adapt to the d2 recruiting style, Morriss struggled with this he would have a few super star players but the rest were so bad they hand cuffed him.
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
      I agree. I think this is the source of much of the reluctance. However, usually DII hires are young up and comers.
      I don't think the median age in the D2 coaching ranks is any less than the other divisions. It is a common misnomer that D2 coaches are "on the way up" to some other division.

Most are not.

Yes, I am familiar with the Brian Kelly stories. Those would be the exceptions, not the rule.

How many LSC head coaches over the last two decades have moved up a division?

Comment

Only coaches that this would make sense to apply it to would be Justin Carrigan UTPB or Daren Wilkinson TAMUK. No one else really makes sense...

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
          Only coaches that this would make sense to apply it to would be Justin Carrigan UTPB or Daren Wilkinson TAMUK. No one else really makes sense...

Why not Maskill or Whitten? Or what's his name at ENM?

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
            ENMU is in New mexico
            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

https://lionathletics.com/splash.aspx?id=splash_44

And LMAO off with this photoshop job on the Lions webpage. They even photoshopped the Under Armor logo over an Adidas logo who Rice use as their official supplier which that shirt he's wearing is from! Well done! LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                ENMU is in New mexico
                Ok.. That makes sense and should of read it closely.

Comment

https://lionathletics.com/splash.aspx?id=splash_44

And LMAO off with this photoshop job on the Lions webpage. They even photoshopped the Under Armor logo over an Adidas logo who Rice use as their official supplier which that shirt he's wearing is from! Well done! LMAO!
                  I think they also used the slimmest photo of him they could find.

Comment

As I understand the pay structures at rue schools, it would be a pay cut for Whitten.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
                      As I understand the pay structures at rue schools, it would be a pay cut for Whitten.
                      According to info online, Whitten makes $122k to Colby's $150k. Not sure what Bailiff got obviously.

But Whitten isn't the LSC coach that was interested.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
                        Last edited by Techster88; 12-10-2018, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                          According to info online, Whitten makes $122k to Colby's $150k. Not sure what Bailiff got obviously.

But Whitten isn't the LSC coach that was interested.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                            LOL. yeah, this whole joint is circling the drain. LMAO.
                            Of course it is not. My comment was evidently not understood as intended.

Unfortunately, I can not elaborate. But, it will make sense to you at some point in the future

Until then.....just laugh at me.....live & enjoy life.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                              Of course it is not. My comment was evidently not understood as intended.

Unfortunately, I can not elaborate. But, it will make sense to you at some point in the future

Until then.....just laugh at me.....live & enjoy life.
                              Since Ive been here since 1999 and know everyone and sit on committees, including some hiring and planning and accreditation, I shall indeed take your advice.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                                Since Ive been here since 1999 and know everyone and sit on committees, including some hiring and planning and accreditation, I shall indeed take your advice.
                                *Two Thumbs Up*

HAHAHAHA

Rock on Elvis!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X