Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WT football

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    Colby lost his whole team and won a Natty in 4 years.

STOP MAKING EXCUSES. Trust me, I did this for 5 years.

WINNERS WIN, LOSERS LOSE. And winners do it with a serious sense of URGENCY.

NO MORE EXCUSES.
    Hasn't Hughes only been coaching at WT for 2 seasons? Do you think he needs to win a natty in 2 years to be seen as successful there? Honest questions here, you know my thoughts on him as a head coach so not asking in order to defend him by any means.

Comment

Here's my prediction:

5 wins or less and Hughes won't be back for a third. He can go 6 wins and return. Next year 7 wins will be the minimum and even possibly 8.

I have no insider knowledge other than looking at what coaches have come and gone over the last decade and what numbers they were putting up when they were dismissed.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
        Here's my prediction:

5 wins or less and Hughes won't be back for a third. He can go 6 wins and return. Next year 7 wins will be the minimum and even possibly 8.

I have no insider knowledge other than looking at what coaches have come and gone over the last decade and what numbers they were putting up when they were dismissed.
        I think this an accurate assessment. The AD is probably looking for progress every year. He's not deep enough into his tenure to have earned a setback season.

Comment

Here's my prediction:

I pretty much agree. As I have said before, I'm looking for a 7 win season. Anything less puts doubt up front in the Hughes regime. 7 wins is progress, especially if the losses are competitive instead of lopsided like some were last year. 8 or more wins and the Hughes ship is in full sail and heading for a warm water port.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
            Hasn't Hughes only been coaching at WT for 2 seasons? Do you think he needs to win a natty in 2 years to be seen as successful there? Honest questions here, you know my thoughts on him as a head coach so not asking in order to defend him by any means.
            Nope. Although that would be impressive.

But, I do expect him to at least compete for the LSC ship.

However, I expect WT fans to be ok with a 4th place finish. *YAWN*

Comment

Nope. Although that would be impressive.

But, I do expect him to at least compete for the LSC ship.

However, I expect WT fans to be ok with a 4th place finish. *YAWN*
              This helped me understand your position better.

I agree with you. When you hire a coach you don't want more of the same. You want more of what's better.

Comment

Here's my prediction:

This sounds right. Just enough instead of building a contender. Other than Carthel years, I guess thats WT football.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                  This helped me understand your position better.

I agree with you. When you hire a coach you don't want more of the same. You want more of what's better.
                  Absolutely!

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                    I pretty much agree. As I have said before, I'm looking for a 7 win season. Anything less puts doubt up front in the Hughes regime. 7 wins is progress, especially if the losses are competitive instead of lopsided like some were last year. 8 or more wins and the Hughes ship is in full sail and heading for a warm water port.

Comment

Yup, and Azusa was a playoff team with a win over WT last year.

To get to 7 wins WT will have to win every toss up game, and beat one of CWU, APU, TAMUC, Midwestern or Tarleton.

A slip up against Eastern or Angelo only magnifies that challenge.

Comment

An opening season win against Azusa is critical.

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
                          Yup, and Azusa was a playoff team with a win over WT last year.

To get to 7 wins WT will have to win every toss up game, and beat one of CWU, APU, TAMUC, Midwestern or Tarleton.

A slip up against Eastern or Angelo only magnifies that challenge.
                          Should either happen, Hughes should get his walking papers right after the game.

Comment

Should either happen, Hughes should get his walking papers right after the game.
                            Unless the wheels completely fall off, Hughes will get a 4th year. By completely, 3 wins or less. The AD has a lot of his capital invested in Hughes and will see that Hughes gets 4 years to get WT back to playoff level. Just my opinion.

I'm really hoping for at least a 7 win season. WT needs to beat Azusa out of the gate. And, it's about time to get that Greyhound off our backs.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                              And, it's about time to get that Greyhound off our backs.
                              In Portales this year! I dont think there is a kid on WT sideline that has been on a team that has beaten Eastern.
                              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                                In Portales this year! I dont think there is a kid on WT sideline that has been on a team that has beaten Eastern.
                                Didn't the Buffs get shut out last year?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X