Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WT football

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    Pops, get some gorilla glue and put your FA back on.

I'm hoping we'll be ahead on average, by 3.5 points per game at the end.
    Not sure if they make a big enough tube!!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
      Well you should have! Just kidding. I believe that coach Hughes has & recruits good quality talent. Having a deep bench of players is good. When the Buffs are 4 - 5 TD's ahead at halftime, the reserves can come in the second half and gain some valuable playing time in mop up duty. Onward Buffaloes!

Comment

Not seriously. Just trying to be positive & jump start some dialogue from our Posters. Hopefully a winning season for the Buffs in their new venue.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
          Not seriously. Just trying to be positive & jump start some dialogue from our Posters. Hopefully a winning season for the Buffs in their new venue.
          SERIOSUSLY? The Buffs take a significant step forward. Mark my words.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
            SERIOSUSLY? The Buffs take a significant step forward. Mark my words.

Oh yeah, how far forward? LSC Champs? Playoffs? 2nd place?

They start Conference at Tarleton new stadium expect a larger crowd than normal probably not winning that one.

Season will be determined in a three week stretch starting Oct 19 Angelo, ENM, & Commerce. Do you see them winning all three??? Most likely 1-2
            Last edited by Techster88; 05-11-2019, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
              Oh yeah, how far forward? LSC Champs? Playoffs? 2nd place?

They start Conference at Tarleton new stadium expect a larger crowd than normal probably not winning that one.

Season will be determined in a three week stretch starting Oct 19 Angelo, ENM, & Commerce. Do you see them winning all three??? Most likely 1-2
              I don't think the Buffs are ready to be LSC champs. If the ball bounces right, it's not out of reach to see them being in the top 3/4 and competing for a post season berth.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                I don't think the Buffs are ready to be LSC champs. If the ball bounces right, it's not out of reach to see them being in the top 3/4 and competing for a post season berth.
                Agreed, how they come out of that three game stretch will determine their season.
                Last edited by Techster88; 05-11-2019, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                  THIS

Comment

Former WT kicker Sergio Castillo signs with the BC Lions. He got hurt a while back, but is looking good now. Good luck Sergio!

https://theprovince.com/sports/footb...illo-to-roster

Comment

Former WT kicker Sergio Castillo signs with the BC Lions. He got hurt a while back, but is looking good now. Good luck Sergio!

Good for him.

Comment

I was reviewing the recent HS signing class. I reread all the bios and watched the film I could find on the OL's WT signed.

15 freshmen OL's. The average height is 6'4". The average weight is 293 ibs. Give 'em a year or two of college strength-training and maturation and the average weight will probably be 320.

I'm thinking 2 or 3 of these incoming freshmen might be good enough to crack the 2 deep rotation. Not because our returnees and new juices are thin, but because a few of the incoming true freshman are good enough to push the upper classmen. There are 14 OL's on last year's roster. Only 2 were seniors, Whitfield and Vornkahl. If all return, that's 12 OL's coming back.

I think OL coach Cooper Bassett got some talented big boys this year. Improved OL play is key for WT this season.

Till the fall roster is in final update, it's hard to start building a 2 deep. It's possible that another OL transfer or two will be added by the time fall practice starts.
                        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 07-07-2019, 04:49 PM.

Comment

I came across duke carter twitter account I saw this https://twitter.com/dciv26/status/11...737333760?s=21
                          I am glad he is back from injury. He was a crucial part of our Offense. Do you know if vallo was able to get a medical redshirt ? I am believe duke played in too many game to qualify.
                          Last edited by chivas_gold; 07-10-2019, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chivas_gold View Post
                            I came across duke carter twitter account I saw this https://twitter.com/dciv26/status/11...737333760?s=21
                            I am glad he is back from injury. He was a crucial part of our Offense. Do you know if vallo was able to get a medical redshirt ? I am believe duke played in too many game to qualify.
                            I believe Vallo got a medical rs but Carter will be a senior

Comment

https://youtu.be/Wj321bQwzLo

Comment

Originally posted by chivas_gold View Post
                                Vallol got a medical RS.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X