Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WT football

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Any news on when spring ball will be? I've never seen anything published but thought some of you close to tge program might know
    If I remember I think Coach said March 18 was the starting date.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
      If I remember I think Coach said March 18 was the starting date.
      Thank you. I keep thinking there will be an official release soon

Comment

https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2019/3/11...-schedule.aspx

Comment

Now for the second season - Spring Football
          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
            Now for the second season - Spring Football
            HAHAHAHAHA!!! This kills me GWB!!! The "OT WTFB" thread.

Comment

Ok, anyone been to spring drills??

Comment

82 reported for spring camp, so numbers are up again. I hope to make it out there this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                  82 reported for spring camp, so numbers are up again. I hope to make it out there this weekend

Compares to 55 the first Hughes spring. Retaining kids. Filling the pipeline. 11 starters return.

Comment

Do you if Vallo is coming back. I really like him and show a lot of potential before his injury?

Comment

Originally posted by chivas_gold View Post
                      Do you if Vallo is coming back. I really like him and show a lot of potential before his injury?
                      I asked a coach about Vallo and Carter. He said both are doing well in rehab and will be back. I'm going to try and go to practice Sunday afternoon. They put the pads on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                        I asked a coach about Vallo and Carter. He said both are doing well in rehab and will be back. I'm going to try and go to practice Sunday afternoon. They put the pads on Friday.
                        That's great news! I've been wondering about them too.

Comment

Hopefully you'll have a report for us.

Comment

For sure. At least generate enough offense to get in Field Goal range.

Comment

I'm not going to practice today. We're heading out for Indiana with a stop tonight at a relative's home in Moore OK.

Maybe someone else can go to practice and report back.

There was a long article in the local paper about the new offensive coordinator, Jake Brown. In the article were several mentions of his new offense being a multiple-style scheme with lots of formations, motion, shifts, play-action, etc. It all sounds promising after the stilted and inefficient offense the previous OC ran. Today, the paper previewed the 4 QBs that will be battling for the job. Hughes says it's wide open. All four will get equal snaps. Hopefully, someone emerges as the best bet for the fall.
                              Last edited by BuffaloChip; 03-24-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

I'm not going to practice today. We're heading out for Indiana with a stop tonight at a relative's home in Moore OK.

Maybe someone else can go to practice and report back.

There was a long article in the local paper about the new offensive coordinator, Jake Brown. In the article were several mentions of his new offense being a multiple-style scheme with lots of formations, motion, shifts, play-action, etc. It all sounds promising after the stilted and inefficient offense the previous OC ran. Today, the paper previewed the 4 QBs that will be battling for the job. Hughes says it's wide open. All four will get equal snaps. Hopefully, someone emerges as the best bet for the fall.
                                Maybe the new OC can do something with Hood, who does have a pretty good arm. He just would panic when his primary receiver was covered. I grew to appreciate Houghtaling, as I think he has some leadership skills, and keeps his cool. He just doesn't have a great arm nor the speed to make many good runs. He did get the job done against CWU and Angelo last year, which I thought were our 2 best wins.

Hood.
                                Last edited by WT_TKW; 03-24-2019, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X