Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WT football

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Regardless, I get your point. It seems like going from HC to DC is a step back for him. I hope he is good and can recruit like Hughes said
    Morris may make as much as WT DC than he did as the Ft. Lewis HC.

I'm very familiar with Durango. I once had a restaurant there. My brother-in-law and both his kids are Ft. Lewis graduates. My niece lives there. My brother-in-law leases out a 2 bedroom townhouse he owns in Durango for $2,600 a month. It would go for $1,000 a month in Canyon. The cost of living is much less in Canyon. Hell, I bet you can score good weed cheaper in Canyon than in legal Durango.

Comment

Considering Hughes is still going to have his fingerprints all over the defense, I'm not to concerned about Morris.

Comment

Reading the news release in the Amarillo Globe-News Morris was quoted saying "I wanted to work at a place where football was important," Ft. Lewis and Durango is not that kind of place.

Comment

You would think the OC would have been named first ? Wonder if they actually got a guy yet

Comment

Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post
            You would think the OC would have been named first ? Wonder if they actually got a guy yet
            I'm sure it's a tougher process with the offense for Hughes considering he is a defensive guy. Plus I'm sure the change in offensive scheme is taking extra time too. The offensive hire will make or break him at WT

Comment

Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post
              Last I heard it was down to three candidates. They had to work some things out. Apparently, they all have multiple offers on the table. Plus contract negotiations, salary, benefits, moving, etc. I guess if one of those three of 137 don't come to agreement, it's on to #4.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                Considering Hughes is still going to have his fingerprints all over the defense, I'm not to concerned about Morris.
                The Fort Lewis defense has always played tough, beyond their talent on paper no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                  The Fort Lewis defense has always played tough, beyond their talent on paper no doubt.
                  That's good to hear. I wonder how many scholarships Ft. Lewis was playing with? Does anyone know? I'm guessing they were somewhere in the 18-20 range.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                    That's good to hear. I wonder how many scholarships Ft. Lewis was playing with? Does anyone know? I'm guessing they were somewhere in the 18-20 range.
                    I'd be surprised if it was that high.

Comment

Agreed. For some reason 12 is ringing a bell, but that could have been years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                        Agreed. For some reason 12 is ringing a bell, but that could have been years ago.
                        12. Man, if that's all, you're really behind the 8 ball. You're snookered. Not only are you're hands tied behind your back, but someone is about to put the noose around your neck. Like a business friend of mine said 30 years ago about some TV commercials done locally that were meagerly funded, "It looks like something we couldn't afford to do." That would describe Ft. Lewis and dozens of other D2 programs.

I keep wondering if schools like Ft. Lewis, Adams, etc. wouldn't be better going the D3 route. And schools like NWMSU, Valdosta, GV, WT, etc wouldn't fit perfectly in a "new FCS" that funded FB to the tune something like 48 schollies. Three divisions: 0 schollies, 48 schollies, and 96 schollies. Pony up or go non-scholarship. If you're FCS you play all your sports in that division. No more hybrid BB, etc. You got the Big Boys together, the smaller to medium Big Boys, and everyone else. It's time for schools to be realistic.
                        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 01-17-2019, 11:22 PM.

Comment

OC - now only waiting on HR.

Comment

Originally posted by ras619 View Post
                            OC - now only waiting on HR.
                            Is it a current LSC coach that was rumored?

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                              Is it a current LSC coach that was rumored?
                              Anxious to see who this is if it's an LSC hire.

Comment

I heard it was coach Boone !!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X