Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WT football

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Better than a 10 game schedule or one with an NAIA school. I'm hearing about a scheduling alliance with the GNAC in the very near future. It would enable each LSC team to have to find only one other OOC game each season.
    The RMAC will go back to 2 OOC games in 2020 as well, assuming they don't replace Dixie. That should help you guys out.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
      The RMAC will go back to 2 OOC games in 2020 as well, assuming they don't replace Dixie. That should help you guys out.
      That's great to hear. I've been to multiple RMAC games at Las Vegas, NM, Adams, Western, and Pueblo. So the RMAC decided an insular schedule was not for the best? Why the change?

Comment

That's great to hear. I've been to multiple RMAC games at Las Vegas, NM, Adams, Western, and Pueblo. So the RMAC decided an insular schedule was not for the best? Why the change?
        It wasn't insular. They had eleven teams, meaning each week an RMAC team had an open date. So only on OOC each year. The change that is coming is that Dixie is moving to DI, and will be an FCS independent for football. That leaves them with ten teams, meaning up to 2 OOC games.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
          It wasn't insular. They had eleven teams, meaning each week an RMAC team had an open date. So only on OOC each year. The change that is coming is that Dixie is moving to DI, and will be an FCS independent for football. That leaves them with ten teams, meaning up to 2 OOC games.
          Thanks. I was thinking they had 12 FB teams and I forgot about Dixie moving divisions. That should help the GNAC with scheduling along with some kind of LSC arrangement. I know that Simon Frasier and Western Oregon are playing WT in 2020.

Comment

I read about this on another board. Apparently the WAC is trying to become an FCS football conference. I know it's been talked about that they were seriously pursuing Tarleton awhile back. WT and Commerce have also been suggested on the board I was reading. But I doubt any LSC school would go into a conference that unstable. I know our AD would not move us for a conference that is on life support.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
              LOL!!!!

Comment

True. But, you never know when or where lightening will strike!
                ABSOLUTELY TRUE my friend!!!

Comment

Per Football Scoop Joe Morris from Fort Lewis to be the new WT DC.

Comment

Originally posted by LSCFAN77 View Post
                    Hmmm. He took over a team that had been 5-6 in 2017 and led them to a 1-9 record in 2018.

https://goskyhawks.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                      Hmmm. He took over a team that had been 5-6 in 2017 and led them to a 1-9 record in 2018.

Interesting... Looks like he had one other HC year at New Mexico Highlands in 2010 where he went 1-10.

Comment

Originally posted by LSCFAN77 View Post
                        https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2019/1/16...ordinator.aspx

Comment

I thought he was the interim in 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                            I thought he was the interim in 2017
                            Looks like you are right. The head coach moved down to only coach linebackers due to health issues.

https://goskyhawks.com/news/2017/6/3...?path=football
                            Last edited by WT_TKW; 01-16-2019, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Looks like you are right. The head coach moved down to only coach linebackers due to healthy issues.

https://goskyhawks.com/news/2017/6/3...?path=football
                              Regardless, I get your point. It seems like going from HC to DC is a step back for him. I hope he is good and can recruit like Hughes said

Comment

It worked out for Wade Phillips. LOL

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X