Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: another stellar recruiting class at Texas Tech

We are gonna need a lot of sunshine pumping from the Tech crowd over the next few years. The only positive is that Tech wasn't dead last in Power 5 this year. Tech got one 4-star player.

Re: OT: another stellar recruiting class at Texas Tech

I see 3 Big 12 teams ranked in the 60's right there. Good lord.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
      Folks shouldnt put alot of stock in those rankings. Most services rate the kids on ideal characteristics for Alabama, possible pro level future athletes.

Im Sure Army's senior class when signed was probably lower than every other team they played seniors. They only lost 2 games one was an OT loss to Oklahoma, and they flat beat the pants off houston, in every facet of their bowl game.

College teams work based on programs, Washington st hasnt torn up the recruiting polls but is a top 25 team.

Now im not saying Tech isnt going to suck but.....USC and a couple other teams win the recruiting titles often, yet havent been in discussion fir a national title in a decade or more, much less conference titles.
      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

?

There's a direct correlation between great recruiting classes and winning championships. USC hasnt won a recruiting title in eons. They were #20 yesterday.
        Last edited by LionFan; 02-07-2019, 11:50 AM.

Comment

?

There's a direct correlation between great recruiting classes and winning championships. USC hasnt won a recruiting title in eons. They were #20 yesterday.
          What were they last year? year before? so on and on..... Clemson was 9th last year according to Espn's info, USC is 20th this year, 19th last year. finished 5-7 last year.....

Recruiting matters, but only so much as your recruits produce results on the field....you can be top 25 in recruiting all you want if your not getting kids that fit your system your ginna struggle.

Comment

BTW Army 2014 recruitment class rank...121, Houston cougars....75th.

Comment

Ignores the Big 12 team who came in above his SEC SEC SEC team..... LOL!

Comment

Army beat Junior high teams the entire season, go look at that schedule. OU was good, Houston obviously wasn't

Comment

Army beat Junior high teams the entire season, go look at that schedule. OU was good, Houston obviously wasn't
                  OU recruited Texas very well. Landed a few top 20 Texas recruits. (much thanks to Murray)

Comment

Here is pretty good assessment

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...gning-day-2019

I love how Notre Dame ranked #14 with all their DII athletes. 707.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                      Folks shouldnt put alot of stock in those rankings. Most services rate the kids on ideal characteristics for Alabama, possible pro level future athletes.

Im Sure Army's senior class when signed was probably lower than every other team they played seniors. They only lost 2 games one was an OT loss to Oklahoma, and they flat beat the pants off houston, in every facet of their bowl game.

College teams work based on programs, Washington st hasnt torn up the recruiting polls but is a top 25 team.

Now im not saying Tech isnt going to suck but.....USC and a couple other teams win the recruiting titles often, yet havent been in discussion fir a national title in a decade or more, much less conference titles.

Comment

All good points. But 99 out of 100, a top 10 player is EXACTLY that. And THAT player IS going to a top 20, and most likely, a top 10 school.

Comment

Meanwhile, Colby has landed the #3 recruiting class in FCS.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                            I saw where he signed the Rikel kid, a QB out of Canyon High.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                              247, rivals? I don't think ESPN does fcs

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X