Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: another stellar recruiting class at Texas Tech

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
    Face it. Tech is located in a sh!t hole when it comes to D1 athletics. We west Texans may see Lubbock as a decent place but a kids from major population areas will look on it as a dump.

I don't think it matters who the coach is or how much money they have to work with, they are always recruiting and playing from the back of the pack. That ain't gonna change.

I grew up in Odessa and considered WT and Tech as my top choices. To me, as a 17 year old, I considered Lubbock as ugly, flat and dry and Canyon as ugly, hilly and dry. As an adult I have a very different opinion of both cities. At the last minute I switched to ASU because of the trees, lakes and hunting/fishing opportunities.

The city of Lubbock will never be a drawing card for athletes.
    But it hasn't seemed to stop Beard's instant turn-around basketball team. I guess it says more for Beard than Lubbock.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
      But it hasn't seemed to stop Beard's instant turn-around basketball team. I guess it says more for Beard than Lubbock.
      When he was at ASU it was mostly last chance transfers. Chances are he is bringing in the same type at TT.

Comment

When he was at ASU it was mostly last chance transfers. Chances are he is bringing in the same type at TT.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
          As far as Texas Tech football is concerned if you can start winning games and showing recruits you are taking the program in right direction then recruits will follow.
          I've been hearing that since I started following TT in 1965. Ain't happened yet.

Comment

Face it. Tech is located in a sh!t hole when it comes to D1 athletics. We west Texans may see Lubbock as a decent place but a kids from major population areas will look on it as a dump.

I don't think it matters who the coach is or how much money they have to work with, they are always recruiting and playing from the back of the pack. That ain't gonna change.

I grew up in Odessa and considered WT and Tech as my top choices. To me, as a 17 year old, I considered Lubbock as ugly, flat and dry and Canyon as ugly, hilly and dry. As an adult I have a very different opinion of both cities. At the last minute I switched to ASU because of the trees, lakes and hunting/fishing opportunities.

Well according to WT folks, none of that matters. All the matters is if they can play for a conference Championship, etc.

So based on that logic all TT has to do is win and they will get the best recruits in America....and beyond. Easy as that.

Another case resolved. "Elementary, my dear Watson".

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
              Well according to WT folks, none of that matters. All the matters is if they can play for a conference Championship, etc.

So based on that logic all TT has to do is win and they will get the best recruits in America....and beyond. Easy as that.

Another case resolved. "Elementary, my dear Watson".

Winning solves ALOT of problems.
              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

I've been hearing that since I started following TT in 1965. Ain't happened yet.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Or New Orleans, love to see the people I know have such high expectations and the look on their face after returning. Nothing like the stench smells that come out of the French Quarters. If you can get past the let down, the Muffaletas at Central Market, Hurricanes at O'briens, and the Beignets at Cafe DuMonde at least may the experience tolerable.

Comment

Or New Orleans, love to see the people I know have such high expectations and the look on their face after returning. Nothing like the stench smells that come out of the French Quarters. If you can get past the let down, the Muffaletas at Central Market, Hurricanes at O'briens, and the Beignets at Cafe DuMonde at least may the experience tolerable.
                        The traffic in baton rouge is horrible.
                        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Not exactly sure how New Orleans fits into the topic - I was referencing crappy college towns. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                            Not exactly sure how New Orleans fits into the topic - I was referencing crappy college towns. ;)

Comment

I suggest you leave the stench behind and stay at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel. Great location. Rooms are nice and reasonably priced (for New Orleans). Try a balcony suite. The Bourbon "O" Bar in the hotel is the cleanest bar around. Amazing staff -say hey Aimee- knowledgable, intelligent, and great mixologists. My wife loves their Ramos Gin Fizz. Dozens and dozens of bourbons to choose from (the menu describes the choice, distillery, mash bill, distiller, etc). Their bourbon drinks are sublime. Also the best Bloody Mary I've ever had (their own mix). Drop in for one before hitting the very good breakfast buffet in the hotel. Every night excellent jazz with talented, young musicians. A great place to while away the time with perfect drinks, ambiance, and a sense of what New Orleans is supposed to be. A sophisticated bar. Not a wild college crowd of dumb-azzes.

We've stayed at several properties in New Orleans (and paid a lot more-like the Ritz Carlton, Royal Sonesta, Mazarin, Roosevelt, Monteleone), but never again. Damn, I'm ready to head for New Orleans. Again. Maybe for my birthday in April.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                                I suggest you leave the stench behind and stay at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel. Great location. Rooms are nice and reasonably priced (for New Orleans). Try a balcony suite. The Bourbon "O" Bar in the hotel is the cleanest bar around. Amazing staff -say hey Aimee- knowledgable, intelligent, and great mixologists. My wife loves their Ramos Gin Fizz. Dozens and dozens of bourbons to choose from (the menu describes the choice, distillery, mash bill, distiller, etc). Their bourbon drinks are sublime. Also the best Bloody Mary I've ever had (their own mix). Drop in for one before hitting the very good breakfast buffet in the hotel. Every night excellent jazz with talented, young musicians. A great place to while away the time with perfect drinks, ambiance, and a sense of what New Orleans is supposed to be. A sophisticated bar. Not a wild college crowd of dumb-azzes.

We've stayed at several properties in New Orleans (and paid a lot more-like the Ritz Carlton, Royal Sonesta, Mazarin, Roosevelt, Monteleone), but never again. Damn, I'm ready to head for New Orleans. Again. Maybe for my birthday in April.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X