Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: another stellar recruiting class at Texas Tech

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    I'd take the QB kid from Glen Rose that WT signed, Cameron Griffin, over Rikel. Without question. Griffin is 6'1 and 190. I've watched his highlight video 4 times now. Good arm, quick release, accurate, very mobile, able to pull it down and make something happen when it's the thing to do. A prototype for the kind of QB Pops was describing.

Pop, take a look at Griffin and give me your opinion. It will be valued.
    I like this QB. He plays a bit slow, but in all fairness he competed at 4A....he WILL learn how to play much faster at the collegiate level. Excellent play-maker in my opinion. Very hard to defend. He knows HOW to win.(most important) Thumbs up from me!!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
      I like this QB. He plays a bit slow, but in all fairness he competed at 4A....he WILL learn how to play much faster at the collegiate level. Excellent play-maker in my opinion. Very hard to defend. He knows HOW to win.(most important) Thumbs up from me!!
      Thanks! Get him a RS year, some PT as a RSF and soph and maybe it's his job for his last two years. I have a feeling the Levelland kid and TxTech transfer, Nick Gerber, will be ensconced for the next three years.

Unless they can find a better QB than Gerber or Griffin. That's an even better solution.
      Last edited by BuffaloChip; 02-08-2019, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks! Get him a RS year, some PT as a RSF and soph and maybe it's his job for his last two years. I have a feeling the Levelland kid and TxTech transfer, Nick Gerber, will be ensconced for the next three years.

Unless they can find a better QB than Gerber or Griffin. That's an even better solution.
        Is the freshman last year Maxwell Perez still on the team?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
          Is the freshman last year Maxwell Perez still on the team?

Comment

Hate to hear that. Kid seemed like a stud

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
              This is exactly how it works.

If two players are exactly the same, the one committed to Alabama will be a 4 star while the one committed to UAB will be a 2 star.
              So UAB has comparable talent to Alabama because the recruiting rankings are bunk ?

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                So UAB has comparable talent to Alabama because the recruiting rankings are bunk ?
                He literally says if TWO players. Not 105

Comment

Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                    Meanwhile, Colby has landed the #3 recruiting class in FCS.
                    What do you bet that Colby will have the LumberJacks in the FCS playoffs in a couple of seasons? Optimism is running high down in Nacogdoches!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
                      What do you bet that Colby will have the LumberJacks in the FCS playoffs in a couple of seasons? Optimism is running high down in Nacogdoches!
                      hmmmm. You think in 3 seasons???

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                        hmmmm. You think in 3 seasons???
                        Wouldn't surprise me at all

Comment

If Morris did it in year 1 at UIW, I'm not sure why Carthel can't do the same at SFA.

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wreckem...fications/amp/

Wells is going to have an uphill battle moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                              https://www.google.com/amp/s/wreckem...fications/amp/

Wells is going to have an uphill battle moving forward.
                              I hate to say it, but Tech might be the new Kansas in the Big 12 if the trend continues. With a new coach/staff, the first recruiting season is usually underwhelming at most schools because the transition is usually occurring during the tail end of recruiting season. But schools like Tech because of location (being in Texas) shouldn't be down that far.

Has Tech thought about putting more of their eggs into the basketball program? Works for Kansas......

Comment

Face it. Tech is located in a sh!t hole when it comes to D1 athletics. We west Texans may see Lubbock as a decent place but a kids from major population areas will look on it as a dump.

I don't think it matters who the coach is or how much money they have to work with, they are always recruiting and playing from the back of the pack. That ain't gonna change.

I grew up in Odessa and considered WT and Tech as my top choices. To me, as a 17 year old, I considered Lubbock as ugly, flat and dry and Canyon as ugly, hilly and dry. As an adult I have a very different opinion of both cities. At the last minute I switched to ASU because of the trees, lakes and hunting/fishing opportunities.

The city of Lubbock will never be a drawing card for athletes.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X