Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: another stellar recruiting class at Texas Tech

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    I suggest you leave the stench behind and stay at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel. Great location. Rooms are nice and reasonably priced (for New Orleans). Try a balcony suite. The Bourbon "O" Bar in the hotel is the cleanest bar around. Amazing staff -say hey Aimee- knowledgable, intelligent, and great mixologists. My wife loves their Ramos Gin Fizz. Dozens and dozens of bourbons to choose from (the menu describes the choice, distillery, mash bill, distiller, etc). Their bourbon drinks are sublime. Also the best Bloody Mary I've ever had (their own mix). Drop in for one before hitting the very good breakfast buffet in the hotel. Every night excellent jazz with talented, young musicians. A great place to while away the time with perfect drinks, ambiance, and a sense of what New Orleans is supposed to be. A sophisticated bar. Not a wild college crowd of dumb-azzes.

We've stayed at several properties in New Orleans (and paid a lot more-like the Ritz Carlton, Royal Sonesta, Mazarin, Roosevelt, Monteleone), but never again. Damn, I'm ready to head for New Orleans. Again. Maybe for my birthday in April.
    I stayed there in the summer of 2016 maybe. Wonderful place. I was walking through the lobby and recognized a voice. It was Garrett Morris from SNL.

Comment

At least those crappy college towns have the advantage of being in close proximity to major cities. Lubbock is reasonably close to Amarillo. The closest thing to Lubbock in the SEC is the appropriately named Starkville, Miss.: An ugly ass town in the middle of nowhere.
      Last edited by catatonic; 02-11-2019, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
        Or New Orleans, love to see the people I know have such high expectations and the look on their face after returning. Nothing like the stench smells that come out of the French Quarters. If you can get past the let down, the Muffaletas at Central Market, Hurricanes at O'briens, and the Beignets at Cafe DuMonde at least may the experience tolerable.
        My first impression of New Orleans was in the mid 80's as a young teenager in Jackson Square seeing a man bleeding to death on a sidewalk. That kind of put New Orleans on the my low priority list if I'm given a number of other places to go before New Orleans.

Kind of ironic because I'm trying to find a way to get to Detroit for two reasons. One, to see the relics of what was once a great economic machine. And two, to see the renaissance that appears to be going on in some parts of the city with those relics.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
          My first impression of New Orleans was in the mid 80's as a young teenager in Jackson Square seeing a man bleeding to death on a sidewalk. That kind of put New Orleans on the my low priority list if I'm given a number of other places to go before New Orleans.

Kind of ironic because I'm trying to find a way to get to Detroit for two reasons. One, to see the relics of what was once a great economic machine. And two, to see the renaissance that appears to be going on in some parts of the city with those relics.

Comment

Originally posted by catatonic View Post
            At least those crappy college towns have the advantage of being in close proximity to major cities. Lubbock is reasonably close to Amarillo. The closest thing to Lubbock in the SEC is the appropriately named Starkville, Miss.: An ugly ass town in the middle of nowhere.
            Yes, Abilene is so much nicer than Lubbock with the shrubs people call trees.

Comment

Last edited by catatonic; 02-11-2019, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by catatonic View Post
                up and down the 135 corridor and East Texas.
                I don't know if I would say "East Texas". More of the Texas Triangle area...

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                  I don't know if I would say "East Texas". More of the Texas Triangle area...

Agreed. I was counting anything the other side of I35 East Texas.

Comment

ADHD meds anyone? 707

From crappy TT recruiting on D2 football site to New Orleans.......hmmmmm.

TAKE YOUR MEDS.

How bought those Mets? And Kiss is on their final tour. Who won the Grammy's? And what's up with mussles in Austins stinky water....do ya think the Va Gov will resign? Skiing is good at Winterpark. Dak Prescott.

TAKE YOUR MEDS.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                      ADHD meds anyone? 707

TAKE YOUR MEDS.

How bought those Mets? And Kiss is on their final tour. Who won the Grammy's? And what's up with mussles in Austins stinky water....do ya think the Va Gov will resign? Skiing is good at Winterpark. Dak Prescott.

TAKE YOUR MEDS.
                      Mets stink.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
                        Mets stink.
                        hahahaha

Comment

It is weird to see a thread about the tards recruiting class on a D2 board . . now they did get a very good DE/DT from Pearland in Gilbert Ibeneme & I hope that Gilbert does well there. D2 football message board is definitely an interesting learn.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDigger View Post
                            It is weird to see a thread about the tards recruiting class on a D2 board . . now they did get a very good DE/DT from Pearland in Gilbert Ibeneme & I hope that Gilbert does well there. D2 football message board is definitely an interesting learn.
                            Hahahaha, you have no idea!!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                              ADHD meds anyone? 707

TAKE YOUR MEDS.

TAKE YOUR MEDS.
                              Did you put out your Liz Warren for President sign in front of your McMansion? LOL!

Comment

I'll take Abilene, not a panhandle fan

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X