• Show
Clear All

Re: OT: another stellar recruiting class at Texas Tech

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    I'll take Abilene, not a panhandle fan

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
      Back at ya... besides, other than DFW, I have family in and around Abilene.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
        Army beat Junior high teams the entire season, go look at that schedule. OU was good, Houston obviously wasn't
        Not far from the truth. The other team that knocked off West Point was Duke. The Black Knights won the CINC Trophy as well. It was otherwise a great season.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
          Back at ya... besides, other than DFW, I have family in and around Abilene.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
            Did you put out your Liz Warren for President sign in front of your McMansion? LOL!
            You mean "AOC" and that's a 1974 Pre-Manufatured Modular structure, thank you!

Comment

My first impression of New Orleans was in the mid 80's as a young teenager in Jackson Square seeing a man bleeding to death on a sidewalk. That kind of put New Orleans on the my low priority list if I'm given a number of other places to go before New Orleans.

Kind of ironic because I'm trying to find a way to get to Detroit for two reasons. One, to see the relics of what was once a great economic machine. And two, to see the renaissance that appears to be going on in some parts of the city with those relics.
              The last visit we made it to New Orleans was in 2017. We caught a taxi at the hotel to take us to Emeril's restaurant in the warehouse district. The cabbie, a dapper black guy dressed in a Homburg and bow-tie, was 88 years old. It was his 64th year to drive a cab in New Orleans. He began driving in 1953 when he returned from Korea. Been doing it full-time ever since. He had some good stories. I love talking with cabbies.

Comment

Friday night lights at a 6 man football game! True tailgating with pick up trucks backed right up to the track surrounding the 80 yard field. Shotguns and rifles hung in the back windows of the trucks. Cotton Center was great for this! True air raid football. a very wide open game. Everyone knows everyone. The best thing is the visitors better not win! Might be a long night trying to get home.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
                  Friday night lights at a 6 man football game! True tailgating with pick up trucks backed right up to the track surrounding the 80 yard field. Shotguns and rifles hung in the back windows of the trucks. Cotton Center was great for this! True air raid football. a very wide open game. Everyone knows everyone. The best thing is the visitors better not win! Might be a long night trying to get home.
                  The gospel for any kid that ever played Texas HS football 3A and down. I remember this one school had been fairly successful in 4A but had to drop to 3A due to enrollment. Their coach couldn't believe how bad the officiating was in their first two district games both on the road and both losses. He said the officials were about as straight as a dog's hind leg. Our coach told him that unless you are 2 touchdowns better than them you don't win games at this level because the UIL only focuses on the larger schools. I can't tell you how many TDs we had called back. Its funny now that I am not down in the battle, but as a teenager I wanted blood from towns.

Comment

That sounds like d@mn near every town in Texas on a Friday night.

Comment

And a lot of blowouts

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                        That sounds like d@mn near every town in Texas on a Friday night.
                        In Albany all the law enforcement are present.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                          Meanwhile, Colby has landed the #3 recruiting class in FCS.
                          Took 36 signees LOL! Every one else in 1AA signed 12-20

Comment

Originally posted by cchrstnsn View Post
                            Took 36 signees LOL! Every one else in 1AA signed 12-20
                            Based on the beginnings at Commerce, Carthel and co. will run a tougher than normal initial camp and lose a number of guys from other regimes. That will likely free up more money.

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
                              Based on the beginnings at Commerce, Carthel and co. will run a tougher than normal initial camp and lose a number of guys from other regimes. That will likely free up more money.

Comment

Kind of ironic because I'm trying to find a way to get to Detroit for two reasons. One, to see the relics of what was once a great economic machine. And two, to see the renaissance that appears to be going on in some parts of the city with those relics.
                                It must be the water.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X