X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: another stellar recruiting class at Texas Tech

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    247, rivals? I don't think ESPN does fcs
    Reported by SFA athletic Dept. I've been trying to find the FCS recruit rankings independently, but havent found where they got their info yet.

EDIT: Yup, 247sports.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
      Reported by SFA athletic Dept. I've been trying to find the FCS recruit rankings independently, but havent found where they got their info yet.

Hero Sports releases final rankings Feb 11th, but going into Signing Day they had SFA tied for top class in the conference and the top late riser. Obviously any recruiting entity can be wrong, but when most agree it typically works out. Coach Carthel and co. worked magic in a short time...

Comment

Comment

Thank you. I've never taken the time to look for FCS rankings and didn't know they existed

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
            I saw where he signed the Rikel kid, a QB out of Canyon High.
            I saw him play in HS. 6' 165 lbs. I may be wrong, but I'd bet he never starts a game at SFA. I wish Rikel luck, but I wonder what Colby was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
              I saw him play in HS. 6' 165 lbs. I may be wrong, but I'd bet he never starts a game at SFA. I wish Rikel luck, but I wonder what Colby was thinking.
              I thought the exact same thing.... IF he plays, it won't be at QB.

Comment

I also definitely didnt see him as a D1 talent. I watched them play a couple times this year. He has some decent speed but nothing special. I'm sure Carthel does it to keep a presence in the Panhandle so that when a really good one comes along he has a chance. He signed a QB from Canyon a couple years ago to Commerce that I don't think has a chance at ever playing

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                  ?

There's a direct correlation between great recruiting classes and winning championships. USC hasnt won a recruiting title in eons. They were #20 yesterday.
                  Nick Saban said he pays no attention to stars when offering a kid. He said in the last 10 years Alabama has offered 8 kids who had NO Stars and over 20 Kids who were 2 Star Recruits when they offered them. Within a week of being offered by Alabama they were all moved up to 4 star recruits by rivals. I agree the teams that sign the best classes win at a much higher level. I just don't believe the people ranking the classes really have any ideal who REALLY signed the best players.

Comment

I saw where he signed the Rikel kid, a QB out of Canyon High.
                    What! WT let one of their local kids get away!

Comment

Did you expect anything different from the Carthel'S???

Comment

Kid is a JOCK.....a real STUD. Carthel has something in mind.

Today's TOP Qb is 5'9 & under 200 LBS. He is a stud with quick feet, laser arm, and great vision.

The old 1970's pocket QB is dead. A new wave is a coming. AND is already making it all the way to the NFL. BE READY or get LEFT BEHIND!

#EmbraceChange

Comment

Originally posted by DIIguru View Post
                          Nick Saban said he pays no attention to stars when offering a kid. He said in the last 10 years Alabama has offered 8 kids who had NO Stars and over 20 Kids who were 2 Star Recruits when they offered them. Within a week of being offered by Alabama they were all moved up to 4 star recruits by rivals. I agree the teams that sign the best classes win at a much higher level. I just don't believe the people ranking the classes really have any ideal who REALLY signed the best players.
                          This is exactly how it works.

If two players are exactly the same, the one committed to Alabama will be a 4 star while the one committed to UAB will be a 2 star.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                            This is exactly how it works.

If two players are exactly the same, the one committed to Alabama will be a 4 star while the one committed to UAB will be a 2 star.
                            Yep... recruiting class rankings are bunk. Seriously no one knows how any of these 17-19 year olds will do. Its all just fodder to keep us old guys engaged and spending money!
                            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

His stature didn't seem to match a Carthel quarterback.

Comment

His stature didn't seem to match a Carthel quarterback.
                                I'd take the QB kid from Glen Rose that WT signed, Cameron Griffin, over Rikel. Without question. Griffin is 6'1 and 190. I've watched his highlight video 4 times now. Good arm, quick release, accurate, very mobile, able to pull it down and make something happen when it's the thing to do. A prototype for the kind of QB Pops was describing.

Pop, take a look at Griffin and give me your opinion. It will be valued.
                                Last edited by BuffaloChip; 02-07-2019, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X