Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT-LSC Baseball

No thread and here we are in the middle of the LSC race. What's up with that?

TAMUK took the series over WTAM 3-1 over the weekend. The Sunday game went 13 innings and was won by TAMUK on a walk off Grand Slam.

TAMUK is behind Angelo right now in the conference race. After an erratic start, we've kind of settled down and save the Angelo series, we have either swept or won three/four game series with others.

Re: OT-LSC Baseball

ASU completed the series sweep of UTPB. In the series finale, Nick Seginowich had himself a day. He went 4-5 with 3HR and 7 RBI. For the weekend he was 10-14, 4 HR, 14 RBI, 3 Doubles and 2 walks.
    ASU heads to WT this weekend which should be a big matchup when it comes to the final standings. If ASU can at least split, that would be huge for the conference standings with WT already 3 games back.

ASU is currently leading the conference in batting average, hitting .348 as a team while scoring just over 9 runs per game. Josh Elvir continues to lead the conference in an assortment of categories including batting average, slugging %, on base %, home runs, RBI's, and walks. Now if we could get our pitching staff to

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
      ASU completed the series sweep of UTPB. In the series finale, Nick Seginowich had himself a day. He went 4-5 with 3HR and 7 RBI. For the weekend he was 10-14, 4 HR, 14 RBI, 3 Doubles and 2 walks.
      ASU heads to WT this weekend which should be a big matchup when it comes to the final standings. If ASU can at least split, that would be huge for the conference standings with WT already 3 games back.

ASU is currently leading the conference in batting average, hitting .348 as a team while scoring just over 9 runs per game. Josh Elvir continues to lead the conference in an assortment of categories including batting average, slugging %, on base %, home runs, RBI's, and walks. Now if we could get our pitching staff to
      Only problem is the offense has to be that good.. Seems like every game they build an early lead and then just hang on while the opposition catches up. Seems there is a huge drop of from the starters to the bull pen.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
        Only problem is the offense has to be that good.. Seems like every game they build an early lead and then just hang on while the opposition catches up. Seems there is a huge drop of from the starters to the bull pen.
        Agreed, I think we have about 3 quality arms in the bullpen, that I've seen anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
          No thread and here we are in the middle of the LSC race. What's up with that?

TAMUK took the series over WTAM 3-1 over the weekend. The Sunday game went 13 innings and was won by TAMUK on a walk off Grand Slam.

TAMUK is behind Angelo right now in the conference race. After an erratic start, we've kind of settled down and save the Angelo series, we have either swept or won three/four game series with others.
          Because WTAMU stands for Women's Texas A&M University. Mens sports play 2nd fiddle. I wouldn't be surprised if in time WT becomes another TWU. I mean they are almost their noh w. (JK)

A thread didn't get started because WT isn't dominating. (No JK).

TAMUK is having a great year!!!! As is ASU. Some serious ball being played.

Comment

This could be an "oops" series for ASU if they don't come in all fired up and play heads up ball.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
              This could be an "oops" series for ASU if they don't come in all fired up and play heads up ball.
              I don't think there will be any issue with getting them ready. When these two teams play in the spring, they seem to both get up for it.

On a side note, Nick Seginowich, who I posted about yesterday, didn't win conference hitter of the week this week. What an absolute joke! Dude when 10-14, 4 HR, 12 RBI, 3 2B's

Comment

I don't think there will be any issue with getting them ready. When these two teams play in the spring, they seem to both get up for it.

On a side note, Nick Seginowich, who I posted about yesterday, didn't win conference hitter of the week this week. What an absolute joke! Dude when 10-14, 4 HR, 12 RBI, 3 2B's
                That's NUTS.

Comment

Well....ask and you shall receive. You got the important split you wanted.

WTF happened to WT? Is it just me or do their programs appear to have taken a step backwards?
                  Last edited by ASUPops; 03-31-2019, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Well....ask and you shall receive. You got the important split you wanted.

WTF happened to WT? Is it just me or do their programs appear to have taken a step backwards?
                    I don't know about baseball, but looking at the stat lines, they didn't play great defense this weekend especially game 3. They had more errors than hits.

Comment

I don't know about baseball, but looking at the stat lines, they didn't play great defense this weekend especially game 3. They had more errors than hits.
                      I know. I guess just not their year.

Its just odd to see most of their sports take a step backwards after all the hype.

Comment

I know. I guess just not their year.

Its just odd to see most of their sports take a step backwards after all the hype.
                        Are you talking about WT here? It's been a bad year alright. We've only won or shared the conference championship in 6 out of 10 sports. Starting last September, our teams have won 75% of their games, including football, volleyball, men's and women's basketball, baseball and softball.

I sure hope we don't get stuck in this slump. I'd sure like to do better next year.

Comment

The Javs went up to Cameron this weekend and lost the series 3-1. That was after scoring 15 runs in the first game and then the bats kind of went MIA. This one might come back to bite in a few weeks when conference is done.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
                            Are you talking about WT here? It's been a bad year alright. We've only won or shared the conference championship in 6 out of 10 sports. Starting last September, our teams have won 75% of their games, including football, volleyball, men's and women's basketball, baseball and softball.

I sure hope we don't get stuck in this slump. I'd sure like to do better next year.
                            The guy is a troll. Just block him like I have. He needs attention and if everyone ignores him he will eventually go away. Funny how nearly no one on the board reply's to him anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                              The guy is a troll. Just block him like I have. He needs attention and if everyone ignores him he will eventually go away. Funny how nearly no one on the board reply's to him anymore.
                              I have been a member here since 04 or 05 and have yet to block anyone, ever..... if Pops bothers people then havent read some of the proffessional trolls on here then....
                              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X