X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT-LSC Baseball

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    I guess it has to be the track stuff that helps
    Just imagine how much higher our teams would be ranked, if our football programs could get their respective crap together!

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
      Just imagine how much higher our teams would be ranked, if our football programs could get their respective crap together!
      Yeah no kidding. The stage has been set with the stadium at WT. Guess we will see what the team can do to match it. Personally, anything less than 8 wins will be a disappointment. Nesbitt was fired for 6 win seasons so I don't see 7 being some big improvement. I'm losing patience with football

Comment

https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2019/4/5/...ctors-cup.aspx

Since we're on the topic, I saw this today
        Congrats to WT!!!

However, I dont think most Texas schools care much about this. I looked at the results and the line items were Fencing, Hockey, Skiing, Swimming, Rifle, Wrestling, T & F. Then you must have M & W Basketball, Volleyball, and Baseball. (Haha). I think its 15 predetermined sports.

How bout some football, bulldogging, roping, and bull riding? That may get some Texas schools interested.

I also thought this was an old NCAA thing. It's not. It started in 1994 by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (professional assoc for ADs) and USA Today. Here is about it:

https://thedirectorscup.com/about/

I was wondering why I never heard of this thing until a WT poster brought it up like a year or two ago. Now I know. Finally, a reason for me to start following Curling!! YESSSS!

Comment

Yeah no kidding. The stage has been set with the stadium at WT. Guess we will see what the team can do to match it. Personally, anything less than 8 wins will be a disappointment. Nesbitt was fired for 6 win seasons so I don't see 7 being some big improvement. I'm losing patience with football
          Hang in there.

The excitement of the stadium will do wonders for WT football for the next two seasons. Look what happened with ASU football in 2014 (1st year of LeGrand Stadium at 1st Community Credit Union Field) beat TAMUC to win LSC Playoff Championship & went two rounds in the National Playoffs.

I expect WT to be competing for a LSC title and playoff spot in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
            Congrats to WT!!!

However, I dont think most Texas schools care much about this. I looked at the results and the line items were Fencing, Hockey, Skiing, Swimming, Rifle, Wrestling, T & F. Then you must have M & W Basketball, Volleyball, and Baseball. (Haha). I think its 15 predetermined sports.

How bout some football, bulldogging, roping, and bull riding? That may get some Texas schools interested.

I also thought this was an old NCAA thing. It's not. It started in 1994 by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (professional assoc for ADs) and USA Today. Here is about it:

https://thedirectorscup.com/about/

I was wondering why I never heard of this thing until a WT poster brought it up like a year or two ago. Now I know. Finally, a reason for me to start following Curling!! YESSSS!
            I wish someone would redo this spreadsheet counting only football, basketball, volleyball, softball, baseball, track and field, golf, tennis, and (yes) soccer. You know, the real sports.

Comment

Hang in there.

The excitement of the stadium will do wonders for WT football for the next two seasons. Look what happened with ASU football in 2014 (1st year of LeGrand Stadium at 1st Community Credit Union Field) beat TAMUC to win LSC Playoff Championship & went two rounds in the National Playoffs.

I'm still a bit skeptical. I hope you're right. If you are, I'll be one happy f*cking camper.

I just had a preview of the seating and chose my seats for the new stadium. Section 208, row K, Seats 1,2,3,4. On the aisle. 45 yard line. Get out of our seats, turn right, and be in the Buffalo Club area. Food, booze, TVs, elevator up from a club seat entrance. Can't wait. Come down for a game and sit with us.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                I'm still a bit skeptical. I hope you're right. If you are, I'll be one happy f*cking camper.

I just had a preview of the seating and chose my seats for the new stadium. Section 208, row K, Seats 1,2,3,4. On the aisle. 45 yard line. Get out of our seats, turn right, and be in the Buffalo Club area. Food, booze, TVs, elevator up from a club seat entrance. Can't wait. Come down for a game and sit with us.
                If you don't mind, shoot me a message what I'd be looking at price wise for season tickets with the chair backs.
                I requested info online last Fall but they just called and left me a message with no real info

Comment

Hang in there.

Kinda of a generic quote, I suspect at least half a dozen others will be doing the same.

Comment

You have every right to be. If the team wallows around again at 5-6 or 6-5 then what you see is what you will get. Lived this with years of listening to Dykes babble on about how this was the year. Dykes is lucky he coached in the day, his son is not so lucky to have mediocre expectations. Sonny just gets shown the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                      You have every right to be. If the team wallows around again at 5-6 or 6-5 then what you see is what you will get. Lived this with years of listening to Dykes babble on about how this was the year. Dykes is lucky he coached in the day, his son is not so lucky to have mediocre expectations. Sonny just gets shown the door.
                      Yeah, till Hughes and staff make a statement by exhibiting solid play on both sides of the ball, win games they should win easily, and win games against traditional top tier LSC competition consistently, I have to reserve unconditional enthusiasm. When we quit being the underdog every year against Midwestern or Commerce or Eastern, I'll be a believer.

Comment

Well the baseball race cleared itself up a little bit this weekend with ASU sweeping Cameron. The closest game was a 5 run differential and ASU outscored Cameron 61-14 in a 4 game set.
                        Nick Seginowich was again on a different level this weekend. He went 7-13 with 1 double, 5 homeruns, 14 RBI, and 6 runs scored with just 1 strike out. For the season he is hitting .398 with 13 home runs and 47 RBI.
                        However, he wasn't the only Ram who had a big weekend.
                        Nick Novak was 7-14, with 1 double, 2 homeruns, 2 walks, 11 RBI's with no strike outs on the weekend
                        Josh Elvir was 7-10, 1 HR, 4 RBI, 6 Walks, and is now hitting .457 for the season. Josh leads the conference in walks, Slugging %, second in RBI (to Nick Seginowhich who has a 9 RBI lead)
                        With the sweep, ASU now has 3 game lead over WT. We play the next 8 conference games on the road at Eastern and at Tarleton and we finish up at home against Kingsville. And it looks like we are going to need to win most of those as WT (who is in 2nd) has home series against Tarleton and UTPB and then finishes up on the road at Cameron.

Should be a fun run to the end.

Comment

Yeah, till Hughes and staff make a statement by exhibiting solid play on both sides of the ball, win games they should win easily, and win games against traditional top tier LSC competition consistently, I have to reserve unconditional enthusiasm. When we quit being the underdog every year against Midwestern or Commerce or Eastern, I'll be a believer.
                          Yeah, the Eastern game was the worst of the Hughes era, and as bad as anything Nesbitt ever had. I drove up for that game. I couldn't believe the offense, it was like they had started the 4th stringers. At least we made a very good showing against Midwestern, and the best games of the year were against ASU and CWU.

Comment

Mark my words.

If scheduling permits, I would enjoy that. Thanks for the invite!!

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                              Kinda of a generic quote, I suspect at least half a dozen others will be doing the same.
                              "Suspect" would be generic. I EXPECT.

And I "suspect" four teams will make an HONEST attempt at the LSC championship. EVERYONE is coming in wanting to compete for the top spot....of course.

Now back to BASEBALL!!!
                              Last edited by ASUPops; 04-08-2019, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                                Well the baseball race cleared itself up a little bit this weekend with ASU sweeping Cameron. The closest game was a 5 run differential and ASU outscored Cameron 61-14 in a 4 game set.
                                Nick Seginowich was again on a different level this weekend. He went 7-13 with 1 double, 5 homeruns, 14 RBI, and 6 runs scored with just 1 strike out. For the season he is hitting .398 with 13 home runs and 47 RBI.
                                However, he wasn't the only Ram who had a big weekend.
                                Nick Novak was 7-14, with 1 double, 2 homeruns, 2 walks, 11 RBI's with no strike outs on the weekend
                                Josh Elvir was 7-10, 1 HR, 4 RBI, 6 Walks, and is now hitting .457 for the season. Josh leads the conference in walks, Slugging %, second in RBI (to Nick Seginowhich who has a 9 RBI lead)
                                With the sweep, ASU now has 3 game lead over WT. We play the next 8 conference games on the road at Eastern and at Tarleton and we finish up at home against Kingsville. And it looks like we are going to need to win most of those as WT (who is in 2nd) has home series against Tarleton and UTPB and then finishes up on the road at Cameron.

Should be a fun run to the end.
                                Excellent weekend!!!

The final stretch is going to be challenging. The schedule favors WT, but if ASU is as good as they appear to be, then the should be able to bring it home.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X