Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT-LSC Baseball

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    THIS is REALLY jacked-up!!!!!! Could cost ASU the LSC Tournament Championship! WHO IN THE WORLD MADE THIS DECISION?????????

Now #2 WT gets home field advantage. *SMDH*

http://www.lonestarconference.org/ne...acket-set.aspx

Hopefully, the Rams are good enough to take it home, regardless.
    The JUCO regional request was sent prior to the LSC providing the schedule for the LSC tournament. ASU sees this as a huge recruiting weekend due to the number of juco transfers that baseball signs, having them on campus using the facilities seeing the town, etc for a full 5 days is better than official visits these kids would take. While it does suck that ASU isn't hosting the conference tournament, the upside of the recruiting windfall and the possibility of hosting the regional outweighs the negatives in my opinion.

ASU has already taken 2 of 4 from WT in Canyon this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
      The JUCO regional request was sent prior to the LSC providing the schedule for the LSC tournament. ASU sees this as a huge recruiting weekend due to the number of juco transfers that baseball signs, having them on campus using the facilities seeing the town, etc for a full 5 days is better than official visits these kids would take. While it does suck that ASU isn't hosting the conference tournament, the upside of the recruiting windfall and the possibility of hosting the regional outweighs the negatives in my opinion.

ASU has already taken 2 of 4 from WT in Canyon this year.
      I certainly see your point. But, how will ASU recruit if the COACHES are in Canyon??

JUCOs travelling to ASU for their tournament could be a double edged sword. Some will have good experiences and some will have bad. BUT, I get the intent.

Comment

I certainly see your point. But, how will ASU recruit if the COACHES are in Canyon??

JUCOs travelling to ASU for their tournament could be a double edged sword. Some will have good experiences and some will have bad. BUT, I get the intent.
        All of the coaching staff will be in Canyon, but not all of the athletics staff. There are going to be plenty of ASU folks around this weekend making sure this things runs smoothly.

Comment

All of the coaching staff will be in Canyon, but not all of the athletics staff. There are going to be plenty of ASU folks around this weekend making sure this things runs smoothly.
          Well hopefully when it is all said and done, ASU wins the "World Series" and get majority of top JuCo players that are at ASU this weekend.

Is there a way to track the JuCo players that will be there? I am curious to know if this approach works in getting them to transfer to ASU.

Comment

Is the conference tourney double elimination like the regional?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
              Is the conference tourney double elimination like the regional?
              No, I believe it is single. Coaches didn't want to beat each other up and lose regional rankings

Comment

No, I believe it is single. Coaches didn't want to beat each other up and lose regional rankings
                Okay makes sense. Sucks for ASU but pretty nice for WT to be able to host. I may try and watch a game or two with it in town.

Comment

Okay makes sense. Sucks for ASU but pretty nice for WT to be able to host. I may try and watch a game or two with it in town.
                  Hopefully we win the thing and the next weekend is in Angelo

Comment

I hope WT wins it but that's just me :)
                    Surprised LCU is at 3 with a worse record than 4 and 5

Comment

• Re: OT-LSC Baseball

Hope so too. If ASU makes it to the final, they will play WT.....and that would be a heck of a game....and HARD for ASU to win. But, if they are #1 in the Nation, they should be able to beat everyone put in front of them. Right?

Comment

Hope so too. If ASU makes it to the final, they will play WT.....and that would be a heck of a game....and HARD for ASU to win. But, if they are #1 in the Nation, they should be able to beat everyone put in front of them. Right?
                        Also, if they make the final I don't see how the regional rankings would be able to drop them.

Comment

Also, if they make the final I don't see how the regional rankings would be able to drop them.
                          ASU plays the lowest seed to win or is it a set game winner?

Comment

ASU plays the lowest seed to win or is it a set game winner?
                            2019 LONE STAR CONFERENCE BASEBALL CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT
                            Wilder Park, Canyon, Texas
                            Thursday, May 9
                            Game 1: No. 4 Cameron vs. No. 5 UT Permian Basin, 3 p.m.
                            Game 2: No. 3 Texas A&M-Kingsville vs. No. 6 Tarleton State, 7 p.m.

Friday, May 10
                            Game 3: Semifinals: 4-5 winner vs. No. 1 Angelo State, 3 p.m.
                            Game 4: Semifinals: 3-6 winner vs. No. 2 West Texas A&M, 7 p.m.

Saturday, May 11
                            Championship game: Game 3 winner vs. Game 4 winner, 3 p.m.

Comment

Thursday, May 9

Friday, May 10
                              Game 3: Semifinals: Cameron vs. No. 1 Angelo State, 3 p.m.
                              Game 4: Semifinals: TAMUK vs. No. 2 West Texas A&M, 7 p.m.

Saturday, May 11
                              Updated

Comment

Thursday, May 9

Friday, May 10
                                Game 3: Semifinals: 4-5 winner vs. No. 1 Angelo State, 3 p.m.
                                Game 4: Semifinals: 3-6 winner vs. No. 2 West Texas A&M, 7 p.m.

Saturday, May 11
                                Thanks, the article I read didn't specify which game winner played who

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X