Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OT-LSC Baseball

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    WT pitcher Joe Corbett, LSC pitcher of the year, turned in a gem today against Kingsville. 2-0 shutout, 5 hits, 3 walks, 13 strike-outs. He became the winningest pitcher in WT history.

Buffs play Cameron for the LSC crown.
    LSC Tournament Championship.

Angelo State is the 2019 LSC Conference Champs.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

For the automatic qualifier to the NCAA tournament.

Comment

IMO I wish tourney championships would just go away in all sports which use them. I've never understood why a team who might have a down weekend not get the conferences ultimate recognition. And on the flip side, a team who might be middle or the lower end of the pack do very well and receive special recognition. Then they turn around and lay a big egg in whatever national tourney they get an auto invite which potentialy leaves out a better team who during the balance of the season did better record wise and head to head against team teams the tourney champ didn't do so well against which might include the tourney champs too. And besides why the LSC goes with the single elimination format is questionable in the first place because most baseball playoff or post season formats call for double elimination type events. Even most high schools opt to play three game series unless a team that wins the coin flip doesn't have a good pitching staff or they have one good arm. That team will automattically go for a one gamer in hopes of pulling off the win and many powerhouses have fallen due to this strategy. But eventually down the road that team will get exposed as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
          IMO I wish tourney championships would just go away in all sports which use them. I've never understood why a team who might have a down weekend not get the conferences ultimate recognition. And on the flip side, a team who might be middle or the lower end of the pack do very well and receive special recognition. Then they turn around and lay a big egg in whatever national tourney they get an auto invite which potentialy leaves out a better team who during the balance of the season did better record wise and head to head against team teams the tourney champ didn't do so well against which might include the tourney champs too. And besides why the LSC goes with the single elimination format is questionable in the first place because most baseball playoff or post season formats call for double elimination type events. Even most high schools opt to play three game series unless a team that wins the coin flip doesn't have a good pitching staff or they have one good arm. That team will automattically go for a one gamer in hopes of pulling off the win and many powerhouses have fallen due to this strategy. But eventually down the road that team will get exposed as well.
          My guess is that the tournaments "may" be a $ maker for the D1 major conferences & major sports. So if D1 does it then D2 has to do it in order to stay viable with the student athletes having the same experience opportunities. I know that the 12 team BB tournament scenario for 2020 in the new LSC was driven by giving each team & players the same odds of being able to experience a conference playoff opportunity - don't think it is NCAA driven, but know the AD's are sensitive to the math on that issue.

Comment

WT polished off Cameron, 11-1, to win the LSC baseball tournament. I imagine Angelo will still be the 1 seed and host next week.

Comment

WT polished off Cameron, 11-1, to win the LSC baseball tournament. I imagine Angelo will still be the 1 seed and host next week.
              2 seed, but still hosting. WT has to go to Mesa, which is where ASU has won everytime they have made it to the world series. Tough POD for WT:Mesa, Mines, and WT. Equally tough for ASU: ASU, LCU, and Rogers St (AQ for winning the heartland tourney)
              I've yet to see the schedule, but I read somewhere that ASU plays at 2 and 7 on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                2 seed, but still hosting. WT has to go to Mesa, which is where ASU has won everytime they have made it to the world series. Tough POD for WT:Mesa, Mines, and WT. Equally tough for ASU: ASU, LCU, and Rogers St (AQ for winning the heartland tourney)
                I've yet to see the schedule, but I read somewhere that ASU plays at 2 and 7 on Friday.
                I think WT plays Mines Thur night.

Comment

I think WT plays Mines Thur night.
                  These 3 team brackets are weird. I know that they base the number of regional qualifiers based on the total number of participants in the region, but dang sure would have made the bracket more user friendly if they would have added 2 more teams.

Also, I pulled up the bracket on the NCAA's website, and there are no times listed. They say all times are eastern, but there aren't any actual game times listed, at least when I checked

Comment

WT had an interesting game against Mesa, had the lead 7-3....then Mesa bats exploded. WT lost 13-10 and are out.

Congrats to WT on a good season

Comment

BIG CONGRATS to Angelo State on winning the South Central Region Two Championship!!!

Now Angelo State hosts Colorado Mesa on Friday & Saturday in San Angelo for the Super Regional Championship.

#GoRams

Comment

BIG CONGRATS to Angelo State on winning the South Central Region Two Championship!!!

Now Angelo State hosts Colorado Mesa on Friday & Saturday in San Angelo for the Super Regional Championship.

#GoRams
                        RSU had to be the worst defensive team I have seen. Not error prone, just slow and clumsy.

Offense was a different story. Those guys could knock the Schlitz off the ball. ASU forced them to use their entire bull pen twice in one day.

Mesa won the right to host but they have the JUCO world series in Grand Junction next week.
                        Last edited by AngeloFan; 05-19-2019, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                          RSU had to be the worst defensive team I have seen. Not error prone, just slow and clumsy.

Offense was a different story. Those guys could knock the Schlitz off the ball. ASU forced them to use their entire bull pen twice in one day.

Mesa won the right to host but they have the JUCO world series in Grand Junction next week.
                          Who would be stupid enough to schedule a JUCO tournament at home during NCAA postseason? :smile-big:
                          Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
                            Who would be stupid enough to schedule a JUCO tournament at home during NCAA postseason? :smile-big:
                            Difference is that ASU did it to themselves. The JUCO WS is sponsored by the city/CofC. Mesa is not involved.

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
                              RIGHT?

In THIS case it gives Angelo State home field advantage!!

This should be a very good series.

#GoRams

Comment

Weather for Friday & Saturday is high 80's, breezy, and very humid.

Wonder if the humidity will effect the fellas from Mesa?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X