Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT-LSC Baseball

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    The guy is a troll. Just block him like I have. He needs attention and if everyone ignores him he will eventually go away. Funny how nearly no one on the board reply's to him anymore.
    Awwwww....did Millennial Boy get butt hurt????

Sorry my opinion hurt you.

Funny how YOU talk sh!t and trash ALL THE TIME to ANYONE who opposes you.

LMFAO.

#Snowflake

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
      I have been a member here since 04 or 05 and have yet to block anyone, ever..... if Pops bothers people then havent read some of the proffessional trolls on here then....
      Hahaha, right?!?

And this from the guy who bashes you REGULARLY.

What a hypocrite!

See WT guys like GWB and Chip, and ma y others know how to play....and can tell when someone is f*king with them....and they will dish it right back.....BELIEVE ME.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
        Are you talking about WT here? It's been a bad year alright. We've only won or shared the conference championship in 6 out of 10 sports. Starting last September, our teams have won 75% of their games, including football, volleyball, men's and women's basketball, baseball and softball.

I sure hope we don't get stuck in this slump. I'd sure like to do better next year.
        As I asked "is it just me, or does it seem like their programs have taken a step back"

It appears Baseball has dropped from last year, softball doesn't appear as dominant as previous years, 2018 football had same record as 2016, etc.....

Some WT posters have been saying that all WT programs have drastically improved....I was simply pointing out that was not factual.

Didnt mean to ruffle your feathers. WT is still a tremendous institute with good sports programs.....maybe just not as earth shattering as some alum try to sell on here.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
          As I asked "is it just me, or does it seem like their programs have taken a step back"

It appears Baseball has dropped from last year, softball doesn't appear as dominant as previous years, 2018 football had same record as 2016, etc.....

Some WT posters have been saying that all WT programs have drastically improved....I was simply pointing out that was not factual.

Didnt mean to ruffle your feathers. WT is still a tremendous institute with good sports programs.....maybe just not as earth shattering as some alum try to sell on here.

Comment

Are you talking about WT here? It's been a bad year alright. We've only won or shared the conference championship in 6 out of 10 sports. Starting last September, our teams have won 75% of their games, including football, volleyball, men's and women's basketball, baseball and softball.

I sure hope we don't get stuck in this slump. I'd sure like to do better next year.

Comment

Sport Won Lost Tied Played Win %
              Basketball - Mens 34 4 38 89.5%
              Basketball - Womens 29 4 33 87.9%
              Soccer - Mens 17 3 3 23 73.9%
              Soccer - Womens 15 3 3 21 71.4%
              Football 6 5 11 54.5%
              Volleyball 19 13 32 59.4%
              Softball 24 10 34 70.6%
              Baseball 24 8 32 75.0%
              Average Win % = 72.8%

....even including soccer, it looks like standard arithmetic to me.

But yes, WT football has plenty of room for improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyBeerManTX View Post
                Sport Won Lost Tied Played Win %
                Basketball - Mens 34 4 38 89.5%
                Basketball - Womens 29 4 33 87.9%
                Soccer - Mens 17 3 3 23 73.9%
                Soccer - Womens 15 3 3 21 71.4%
                Football 6 5 11 54.5%
                Volleyball 19 13 32 59.4%
                Softball 24 10 34 70.6%
                Baseball 24 8 32 75.0%
                Average Win % = 72.8%

....even including soccer, it looks like standard arithmetic to me.

But yes, WT football has plenty of room for improvement.
                Once again, for those who are not catching on. This is a FOOTBALL BOARD. So, with that being said 54.5% = 75%. Chinese Calculus was employed.

Congrats on the OT sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                  Once again, for those who are not catching on. This is a FOOTBALL BOARD. So, with that being said 54.5% = 75%. Chinese Calculus was employed.

Congrats on the OT sports.
                  Im sure you aren't excited at all about Tech in the Final 4 then huh or their CWS appearances the past few years?

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                    Im sure you aren't excited at all about Tech in the Final 4 then huh or their CWS appearances the past few years?
                    True, the OT sports are doing really well at Tech. But, I do not tell Blow U fans on another football board how we are dominating them in other sports. Because they could care less. Most are football only jug heads. Last time I checked our FB program is in desperate need of attention.

To your point, at least some one in Lubbock can play Defense. But, I do not follow basketball and couldn't name three of the players on the team. Beard learned well from Bob Knight during his days at Tech. I am sure Knight is proud.

Comment

Back to the original topic at hand. ASU and Cameron play a big series in Angelo this weekend. Both teams come in at 6-2 in conference. Cameron took 3 of 4 from Kingsville and 3-4 from Tarleton. ASU swept UTPB and split with WT.
                      ASU has a substantially better overall record at 25-7 while Cameron is 15-18 overall.
                      ASU continues to lead the conference in offense hitting at .336 clip for the team while leading (or tied) the conference in hits, home runs, and RBI's. Cameron is at the bottom of the standings offensively with a team BA of .245.
                      Pitching is a bit closer as ASU has a team ERA of 5.05 which is 3rd in the conference while Cameron has a team ERA of 6.32 which is 5th in the conference. Control could be key as Cameron has walked 60 more batters than ASU.
                      Defensively ASU is second in the conference in fielding % at .962 (.001 point behind the conference leader UTPB) while Cameron is next to last in fielding at .947.

Should be good weather for baseball this weekend, and I hope to make it out to at least one game this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                        Seriously, how long are Buff fans expected to be patient?
                        I'd say 2 seasons. We need to see big strides in our offense immediately. We need to see the record improve this year, even 7-4 would be good. If Hughes is still doing 6-5 seasons by 2020, I wouldn't be surprised to see McBroom make a change. 6-5 in 2020 and I would advise him, if he asked, to find a new HC. 4 years to get into the top tier, top 3 of the LSC, or else.
                        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 04-04-2019, 01:27 PM.

Comment

In all fairness....WT over all win % in 8 team sports is .744, their LSC win % is .714. (Mens .668 & Womens .760).

I was simply speaking to all the hype about WT sports programs getting better by leaps and bounds....and it appeared to me that this was a false statement.

So, instead of eating lunch today, figured I would look for myself. I compared 2018-2019 to 2015-2016 (4 seasons apart to see the massive growth)

Mens Overall
                          2015-2016 - .612 Win %
                          2018-2019 - .749 Win %

Mens LSC
                          2015-2016 - .581 Win %
                          2018-2019 - .668 Win %

Womens Overall
                          2015-2016 - .753 Win %
                          2018-2019 - .739 Win %

Womens LSC
                          2015-2016 - .776 Win %
                          2018-2019 - .760 Win %

So.....it appears both mens overall & LSC win % has gotten much better (except for football).

It also appears that not only has womens sports not improved, but have taken a small step backwards.

All the hype talk has been about football and womens sports, when it clearly should be MENS sports (again, except football).

Overall combined
                          2015-2016 - .683 Win %
                          2018-2019 - .744 Win %

LSC combined
                          2015-2016 - .667 Win %
                          2018-2019 - .714 Win %

Looking from a combined program win % standpoint, WT sports overall & in the conference HAS improved in the past 4 seasons.

I STAND CORRECTED.
                          Last edited by ASUPops; 04-04-2019, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                            Back to the original topic at hand. ASU and Cameron play a big series in Angelo this weekend. Both teams come in at 6-2 in conference. Cameron took 3 of 4 from Kingsville and 3-4 from Tarleton. ASU swept UTPB and split with WT.
                            ASU has a substantially better overall record at 25-7 while Cameron is 15-18 overall.
                            ASU continues to lead the conference in offense hitting at .336 clip for the team while leading (or tied) the conference in hits, home runs, and RBI's. Cameron is at the bottom of the standings offensively with a team BA of .245.
                            Pitching is a bit closer as ASU has a team ERA of 5.05 which is 3rd in the conference while Cameron has a team ERA of 6.32 which is 5th in the conference. Control could be key as Cameron has walked 60 more batters than ASU.
                            Defensively ASU is second in the conference in fielding % at .962 (.001 point behind the conference leader UTPB) while Cameron is next to last in fielding at .947.

Should be good weather for baseball this weekend, and I hope to make it out to at least one game this weekend.
                            Didnt mean for the thread to get hijacked because of a simple sentence. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                              In all fairness....WT over all win % in 8 team sports is .744, their LSC win % is .714. (Mens .668 & Womens .760).

I was simply speaking to all the hype about WT sports programs getting better by leaps and bounds....and it appeared to me that this was a false statement.

So, instead of eating lunch today, figured I would look for myself. I compared 2018-2019 to 2015-2016 (4 seasons apart to see the massive growth)

Mens Overall
                              2015-2016 - .612 Win %
                              2018-2019 - .749 Win %

Mens LSC
                              2015-2016 - .581 Win %
                              2018-2019 - .668 Win %

Womens Overall
                              2015-2016 - .753 Win %
                              2018-2019 - .739 Win %

Womens LSC
                              2015-2016 - .776 Win %
                              2018-2019 - .760 Win %

So.....it appears both mens overall & LSC win % has gotten much better (accept for football).

It also appears that not only has womens sports not improved, but have taken a small step backwards.

All the hype talk has been about football and womens sports, when it clearly should be MENS sports (again, accept football).

Overall combined
                              2015-2016 - .683 Win %
                              2018-2019 - .744 Win %

LSC combined
                              2015-2016 - .667 Win %
                              2018-2019 - .714 Win %

Looking from a combined program win % standpoint, WT sports overall & in the conference HAS improved in the past 4 seasons.

I STAND CORRECTED.

Comment

You are absolutely correct!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X