Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Haha.

My limited sources are STILL saying Angelo turned down the Southland invite and are staying D2. I can not say how qualified this info is, but the individual was pretty confident.

UPDATE: Just heard from a staff member that a decision has not yet been reached. As AF said. Still being discussed.
    The General is a very focused and disciplined leader. I am sure he will keep all options open. If necessary, he will lead the charge into the jaws of death.

I really like competing at the D2 level and hope things work out for us to stay D2. Looking at the state of football in the LSC, I doubt we can stay D2.

Comment

• Originally posted by nobody special View Post
      Maybe TAMU-C's athletic department took their task seriously and kept their business in house until it was time to announce?
      This.

Comment

• Originally posted by nobody special View Post
        Maybe TAMU-C's athletic department took their task seriously and kept their business in house until it was time to announce?
        That is ABSOLUTELY what happened, for the most part. I spoke with a donor this morning who states he was in the know the entire time as he was part of the pledged $ needed to make this happen. He claims there was a very small group of donors who have been involved with the admin during the entire process.

Looking at other football messageboards, this information was out during spring.

With all the talk being thrown around for the past year, I am not sure why it had to be ".007 TOP SECRET".....7070707070707. I still figured those close to the program should have been told.

Either way, I think it is a great move and the perfect timing for TAMUC.

Comment

• Well now that the press conference has taken place...

The only place I've heard anything regarding other LSC schools moving up is here. Not saying it wont happen, but I'd be surprised. I'm pretty sure the SLC is already "full", and doesn't have offers out that they are waiting to hear back on.

But I could be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionFan View Post
            Well now that the press conference has taken place...

The only place I've heard anything regarding other LSC schools moving up is here. Not saying it wont happen, but I'd be surprised. I'm pretty sure the SLC is already "full", and doesn't have offers out that they are waiting to hear back on.

But I could be wrong.
            Well, you didn't even know about your own team moving. Soooooo.

I KNOW the Southland invited 2 Texas DII teams.

Talk on other messageboards speak of a third invite.

i can confirm that what AF said is 100% accurate. But I agree with him, I like DII football. I would rather see Angelo stay DII.

Comment

• I didnt?

Comment

• Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

The General is a very focused and disciplined leader. I am sure he will keep all options open. If necessary, he will lead the charge into the jaws of death.

I really like competing at the D2 level and hope things work out for us to stay D2. Looking at the state of football in the LSC, I doubt we can stay D2.

Comment

I didnt?
                  Really bro??? #SMDH

Comment

• Excellent post.

Comment

• Nm
                      Last edited by LionFan; 09-28-2021, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Well now that the press conference has taken place...

But I could be wrong.

Comment

• Nevermind, you guys enjoy trying to figure out who knows what
                          Last edited by LionFan; 09-29-2021, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Nevermind, you guys enjoy trying to figure out who knows what
                            Hey, if it makes you feel comfortable just stay in that bubble and live comfortably.

Comment

Nevermind, you guys enjoy trying to figure out who knows what
                              It's so obvious you didn't know **** about the move, or else you would have told the posters on here who say you didn't know about it as soon as you found out.

:-)
                              Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

• It's OK LF.

If you are now saying you knew all along, I believe you and will go with that. It's just your thread, posts, and likes spoke otherwise.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X