Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
    Not sure if this would be feasible but have a schedule where the visiting team plays Saturday and the following Thursday in the same region. For example WT and Angelo travel to the Pacific Northwest to play Central Washington and Western Oregon. Play Saturday and then switch up the matchup for Thursday. You are already used to the time zone and can have a few practice days before the next game. The hotel room stay would be more expensive but would cut down on an extra bus/airplane trip for the season. Travel back home and have 9 days before the next game.
    Did you forget these are college students? Missing a week of class is not a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Did you forget these are college students? Missing a week of class is not a good idea.
      A lot of classes now have some sort of on-line component. Players miss multiple days of class for other tournaments during the year.

Comment

I am personally worried about the cost for ENMU and WNMU I do not think this is a workable plan for the long term....ENMU and WNMU may be forced to go to the RMAC....
        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

A lot of classes now have some sort of on-line component. Players miss multiple days of class for other tournaments during the year.
          Try doing lab assignments online.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
            I am personally worried about the cost for ENMU and WNMU I do not think this is a workable plan for the long term....ENMU and WNMU may be forced to go to the RMAC....
            It is probably going to be one or 2 games a year to go to the Pacific Northwest, not all 3 teams every year. I'm hoping that the three Pacific Northwest teams will play one game at home, one on the road with the other two every year to help on travel meaning 3 or 4 flights a year. For SFU the flights are probably the easiest with a local International airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
              Well, given that taking the bus from a major airport to ENMU or WNMU already gets you half the way to the west coast, just take a bus the rest of the way!

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Try doing lab assignments online.
                Most science classes offer labs 3-4 days a week and also makeup classes. I did that multiple times.

I do concede it will be difficult to do in my scenario.

Less than 1% chance that even happens but throwing different ideas out there.

Comment

Unless I am getting that old and feeble, didn't CWU take a three week road trip a few years back. Think they held regular classroom hours during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                    Unless I am getting that old and feeble, didn't CWU take a three week road trip a few years back. Think they held regular classroom hours during the day.
                    Yes we did. Full on 3 week Grateful Dead type road trip before classes even started.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                      Thanks for taking us in. More travel yeah. But it makes sense to make a complete conference for football. And btw, Ellensburg, WA has a pretty good rodeo. So I feel like we are LSC worthy! Not sure about them Canadians though!
                      What!!?? You have never heard of the Calgary Stampede!!?? Also known as the Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth?? Not only that but in Cloverdale just south of Vancouver we have a Great Rodeo as well!!
                      cloverdalerodeo.com
                      Last edited by SINGLE MALT; 01-08-2022, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                        They played at CSUP then took a bus to Dixie State. After that I am not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

They played at CSUP then took a bus to Dixie State. After that I am not sure.
                          Had a similar trip in 2009 where we played Colorado Mesa, then went up and played UMD.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Had a similar trip in 2009 where we played Colorado Mesa, then went up and played UMD.
                            .............And beat the No. 2 ranked team on national television.................fixed it for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by SINGLE MALT View Post

What!!?? You have never heard of the Calgary Stampede!!?? Also known as the Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth??
                              Okay, fine. But still.....Alberta.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post

Okay, fine. But still.....Alberta.
                                BC has its fair share of rodeos.

http://www.rodeocanada.com/rodeo_schedule.htm

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X