Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Rankings Are Coming

Saw someone on the RMAC board post this, and thought it was of interest. The first set of Regional Rankings are set to be released next Monday (10/24), and Chuck Bitner wrote an article about how the rankings work:

https://www.d2football.com/d2-footba...-selection-qa/

Also, you may have seen Inkblot post here and there (he does the Imperialism pictures). He has a website where he tries to rank the teams using his system. This link should take you to the SR4 Rankings he currently has set up (click on the "Rk" to put them in order):

http://inkblotsports.com/d2stats/2223/mfb/sr4.html

To clarify: the site only contains the raw data; my predictions can only be found on Twitter. The "Rk" columns only show rank in the metric in the next column to the left.

Comment

I think after Saturday's games the picture will become clearer who the playoffs teams will likely be in region SR4 and an eye test seed with the SOS.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
        I think after Saturday's games the picture will become clearer who the playoffs teams will likely be in region SR4 and an eye test seed with the SOS.
        Well I was wrong. Several upsets made the upset picture jumbled.

Inkblot I just did WIN % and SOS. Too lazy to do the OOWP at least tonight.

Here is what I have for the top 19 with 3 losses or less.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rankings.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	706750

Comment

Wt's SOS is about to take a hit with the rest of its schedule.
          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
            Wt's SOS is about to take a hit with the rest of its schedule.
            Yep which is why it sucked big time that Minnesota State and Winona State pulled off upsets.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Well I was wrong. Several upsets made the upset picture jumbled.

Inkblot I just did WIN % and SOS. Too lazy to do the OOWP at least tonight.

Here is what I have for the top 19 with 3 losses or less.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rankings.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	706750
              All the updated numbers are on my site. I'll tweet my ranking predictions in a couple hours.

Comment

The teaser rankings are in, and three LSC teams make the list (including WT):

https://www.d2football.com/october-2...gs-10-24-2022/

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                  The teaser rankings are in, and three LSC teams make the list (including WT):

https://www.d2football.com/october-2...gs-10-24-2022/
                  These rankings are a JOKE!

How does TAMUK with only 1 loss to the #2 team in tbe country drop to 7th????? And #2, 3, 4, and 5 all have 2 losses????

LMAO!

Comment

Kingsville is underrated for sure. They Win out and they will jump up though

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

How does TAMUK with only 1 loss to the #2 team in tbe country drop to 7th????? And #2, 3, 4, and 5 all have 2 losses????

LMAO!
                      Because the listings are not in ranked order. They are the top 10 teams in the region listed alphabetically.

The first ranking, these, are listed alphabetically. Starting next week they will be listed in rank order.

This is the first year they have done week #1 this way. Not sure why the even bothered if you aren’t going to rank them.
                      Last edited by texcap; 10-24-2022, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

LMAO!
                        Simple. A D3 team and a real bad North American team leave them with only 9 qualifying games. Same thing that kept MSU out of the playoffs last year. Got to schedule at least 10 D2 regional opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

Simple. A D3 team and a real bad North American team leave them with only 9 qualifying games. Same thing that kept MSU out of the playoffs last year. Got to schedule at least 10 D2 regional opponents.
                          The teams are not ranked, they are in alphabetical order. Next week, I believe they will be in actual ranked order.
                          Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

The teams are not ranked, they are in alphabetical order. Next week, I believe they will be in actual ranked order.
                            That does not change the fact that aTi will, at best, only have 8 regional wins. That will make it tough to get in the playoffs. I hope they do make the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

Because the listings are not in ranked order. They are the top 10 teams in the region listed alphabetically.

The first ranking, these, are listed alphabetically. Starting next week they will be listed in rank order.

This is the first year they have done week #1 this way. Not sure why the even bothered if you aren’t going to rank them.
                              I honestly don’t care for this either. It just leads to everyone guessing and speculating about who is where and what needs to happen for “Team X” to move up. Either give the full rankings or do nothing and wait a week, it isn’t like the objective for the contenders changes. They’re trying to win, right?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X